Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    is the azerite vendor even going to be out on 12/11?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Ok I understand, I based my replies on first post. Already explained my stance: I still pay (I have running sub), I don't play (much). I believe in blizzard in general I mean after all I have been playing since day 1 of WoW and never stopped my sub BUT current content is...I have no adjective that can describe.

And yes I get it and respect that many people still like it etc and good for them. But for the rest of us and esp for the people who unlike me choose to leave the game entirely, some things must change asap.

I DON'T have anything against fans or people who oppose btw. I just want the game to go back to what it can be. If we didn't have wotlk and mop and legion I would say "ok this is as good as it gets". But we had them so lets just hope.
    That is understandable and yes would be really nice.. But I think that is the main issue we have been spoiled so much in the past with the likes of TBC, WoTLK, MoP and to some extent Legion.. That when an xpac like BfA crops up, to a few out there they see it as the sky is falling so to speak..

What people need to understand though, is that there needs to be a bad xpac every so often (in other words it toughens them up so to speak), for if we always got exceptional xpacs when a future xpac turned out to be bad, no one would be able to handle the let down and in some way I suppose feel betrayed..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    so...should pathfinder take a couple of weeks to grind before that patch or longer?
    No idea, though part one is relatively simple to do, we have no idea what part 2 will entail..

TBH I'm playing BFA and despite that I can't find anything OP says that's contradictory. The raid is gated (like normal; even longer for the casual popcorn LFR crowd), which means the higher item levels are also gated. The additional ring provides more control but also more rng as people will then feel compelled to get two 'important' traits, and the story is gated. Its a pretty good summary on what's upcoming and the release schedule, albeit with a few of his opinions sprinkled in on what he deems worth it or not. (See: Not finding Heritage worth it by itself, get it later.)

I guess the only real contention to the topic is are you even answering a question? You pose a question on whether its worth subscribing, provide why you think it isn't and then move on. It kind of reminds me of the pre-face of an essay, except while you have a professor or editor who asks the question for the article in this case you ask and provide yourself? Its just odd. It seems like something you would potentially respond to if someone asked rather than create the topic yourself, and because of that it looks like good old fashioned dooming and glooming, albeit deserved or not.

tldr: Rhetorically a good response to a question that might not have been asked I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Sure, Mr "i never go above LFR no drama and downing bosses since cata ftw!"
    I'm sorry I hurt your LFR "raider" feelings.
    Wrong because i play more then one game i play other games on harder not wow get over it. Not every game needs to be played on hard lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah, that's a question you should ask them, because they are the ones who seem pretty triggered by it.
    Thanks for the unintentional irony, though, trying to use that line in a thread FILLED with fanboys that diss the OP because he has a different opinion than them, that's both pretty funny and pretty telling.
    they simply dont diss him, because he have another oppinion. they diss him because he is just hillarious.

because „warning others to not come back too soon and showing the obvious things like its totally great news“ is just simply something a lot of ppl (regardless if white knights, fanboys, haters or just standard wow players) will not take serious.

or in short: when you act like a 5 year old kid, you will be treated like a 5 year old kid.

ITT: A bunch of people giving their opinion that OP giving their opinion is bad. MMO-C forums everyone, full of irony and stupidity.

OP created a thread to inform people who might not be informed (like me) on what was coming in 8.1 and gave the opinion that if you didn't like the current content, OP thought you're unlikely to enjoy the 8.1 content as it's more of the same. That's a good point and a valid discussion about an game we all love (even if we don't enjoy it's current content we can still like the game (I know it's hard to comprehend liking something but disliking its current iteration, shocker)).

Also if people didn't give opinions on the game, what the fuck would this forum be for? Or is it just negative opinions you all dislike?

Or is it you just don't understand the concept of not paying for something you don't enjoy? That's exactly why devs get away with pushing out shitty half baked ideas (this doesn't just apply to wow but all devs) because they know once they have a core fan base they can half arse things and people will still throw money at them while complaining what they're paying for is shit. Because screw logic.

Anyway that all said, if you enjoy the game as it is now, good for you. I enjoyed many things in WoW in the past that people hated (I actually liked WOD as an expansion, except for SO MUCH GREEN, for example). Someone saying they dislike something isn't a criticism on you for liking it and they're not saying you're wrong for enjoying it. OP's post stated what they disliked and warned others who might feel the same as they do, like me. If the OP's post and point of view doesn't apply to you, why did so many of you feel the need to post saying so? OP didn't say "Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong!" and yet so many people got triggered and felt the need to attack OP in response. The internet is a dumb place sometimes...

Deleted
    I just returned into cap lvl 110 and i dont want to buy bfa, because it does'nt irritate me. If i would'nt have the opportunity to play at lvl 110 legion, so i haven't return at this poinr.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    I'm not really sure what that has to with anything I posted. Disliking content doesn't mean I hate Blizzard. I was fully subbed for all of Legion also. Please don't bring fanboy bias to defend points. Many people are not satisfied with the expansion.
    Cry more. Seriously, game is doing well, yes there are problems with a game that is 12 years old, weird, I still don't know a 12 year old MMORPG that has more content and constant changed then wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Also if people didn't give opinions on the game, what the fuck would this forum be for? Or is it just negative opinions you all dislike?

Or is it you just don't understand the concept of not paying for something you don't enjoy? That's exactly why devs get away with pushing out shitty half baked ideas (this doesn't just apply to wow but all devs) because they know once they have a core fan base they can half arse things and people will still throw money at them while complaining what they're paying for is shit. Because screw logic.
    Every opinion is equally valid.

The fact remains that there will be allways players who don't understand how a simple MMO works - its a basic grinding game with social mini-games. Current WoW is just like it ever was, some good ideas working, some things are bad and some things are half implemented. The mix makes it still good to play and some things like the endless mythic+ progression enables new grinding modes for players.

I get that some people are highly disappointed or hyped about specific gaming themes/content patches or even expansions - but the game behind it never changed it is still the same, just the pace of the grinding changed over time/expansions.

This is a ferrari forum and people choose to HATE or LOVE the cars based on the opinion of a cyclist telling everyone he doesnt like loud cars.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Some people really hate Blizzard.
    While others think a corporation is like a family member that should be supported no matter what bad decisions they make or how badly their customers are treated.

I don't completely agree with the OP, but it is a fair statement of the state of the game.

Keep in mind that there was more time between Legion and BfA then there was between WoD and Legion. 8.1 is coming many weeks after 7.1 was released. The next raid will be coming at least 2 months later than the equivalent in Legion.

Realistically, Blizz expended substantially less effort on this expansion than Legion. People need to stop excusing such behavior and start holding Blizz accountable for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Keep in mind that there was more time between Legion and BfA then there was between WoD and Legion. 8.1 is coming many weeks after 7.1 was released. The next raid will be coming at least 2 months later than the equivalent in Legion.
    Emerald Nightmare : September 20th, 2016
    Nighthold : January 17, 2017
    Uldir : September 4th 2018
    Battle of Dazar'alor : Mid Juanary 2019.

Why do you lie?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

don't know why this guy was banned, don't care but he's right on the "don't resub to this patch as it clearly lacks content"

All those reasons you listed are "bad" because, it gives you no content, or only a few minutes of it.
    How is it going to be better for YOU if they add Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tirans? D:

You mean leveling an alt equals content?

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post

Why do you lie?
    Lmao, it's not like a raid named Trial of valor ever existed.

Deleted

Why do you lie?
    Jajajajaja, calling someone else a liar when denying the fact that a raid called Trial of valor ever existed.
    What a mistake.

Why do you lie?
    Where's Trial of Valor?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    don't know why this guy was banned, don't care but he's right on the "don't resub to this patch as it clearly lacks content"
    Could have something to do with calling people "cancerous fanboys" instead of stopping at presenting the facts and his opinion, instead of attacking people.

There's no shortage of info what's coming in 8.1, plenty of websites and youtubers covered the subject, so if anyone wants to make an educated decision if it's worth resubbing, it's good to check these resources. For example we know flying won't be back until later date, Zandalari / Kul Tirans won't be immediately at 8.1 launch but probably after the raid is underway, and the raid itself comes in January, not December, no word on heirloom upgrade to 120 so far (personally I'm waiting for that), some other teased content on Blizzcon like Mechagon dungeon will be probably in 8.2.

Also if anyone was hoping for big updates to forgotten specs like ele / enh shamans, shadow priests or prot warriors, sorry, it's only number tuning and very small changes. Don't expect it's gonna feel like a "rework".

On the other hand, it might be a first good moment to think about levelling alts thanks to xp nerfs and incursions (similar to legion invasions). Still lack of heirlooms / flying might make people want to wait for 8.2 with alts. At least good time to push allied race heritage alts to 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    8.1 adds the following
    -It adds Invasions from Legion
    -It adds a Raid
    -It adds another Ring to Azerite armor
    -Last the biggest feature is the warfront
    -Last it adds heritage armor
    Sweet, I'm not unsubbed but looking forward to these.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Where's Trial of Valor?
    They choose to put the one small raid that most expansion get between Season 2 and Season 3 and not Season 1 and 2.

The equivalent raid to Nighthold is still being release at the same time as Battle of Dazar'alor.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

They choose to put the one small raid that most expansion get between Season 2 and Season 3 and not Season 1 and 2.

The equivalent raid to Nighthold is still being release at the same time as Battle of Dazar'alor.
    That still means that BoD comes at least two weeks later than NH comparatively and with no side content (like ToV or Karazhan) between the releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though