Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Smile Frost DK: The most boring spec to play in the game ?

At this point, I have leveled 9 classes and tried every spec on theses. Obviously some of my characters are less geared than others and I didn't played them that much, but it's not really the case of my DK that has been one of my main alts for the first tier progress, sitting at 378 ilvl right now.

Plus, I used to main DK in legion so I did every progress on this class as DPS playing the best spec each tiers so UH during EN, then Frost MG, BoS during NH, UH for ToS and back to Frost oblit during Antorus.

There has been some highs and lows in term of gameplay enjoyment, but overall DK has been a great class to play during Legion. On top of that Blood was a true blast to play during Legion due to everything being off the GCD, we were able to setup huge pulls extremely quickly while having a very dynamic and nervous gameplay.

Now, I didn't wanted to play DK for BFA just because of how bad the class played during the BETA. And holy shit it might be my best decision for a long time because the state of the dominating spec is just atrociously bad, I have never played an iteration of Frost as bad as the BFA one.

It's complete garbage from the first talent row to the last, the rotation is slow and boring like it's never been with huge downtimes, the GCD changes makes it even worst and is very noticeable. BoS uptimes wich are suposed to be the high moments are NOTING like NH Nervous and intensive ones.

So yeah, from all the specs I played Frost is definetely the worst one with Arcane mage, much worst than BM hunters btw.

Part of that are the shit feeback that the DK Discord gave during BETA(wich is leaded by a few people giving their opinion wich is suposed to matters more than all the players on the discord btw), I will never forget thoses people saying that GCD changes "are not that bad" and PoF almost removal would not be a great because it was such a boring spell in the first place.

Now we have this,a shit gameplay spec that only keep existing because Blizzard is giving great numbers to it.
    Last edited by omegalulz; 2018-11-27 at 04:23 PM.

Frost Dk always was the dumbest (easy as duck) dps spec of wow for me, unless on Lich King when i can tank with it.
    Finally it get a revamp, and actually is near the top ones, i liked the burst control with BoS. Regards.

Thought this was going to be a poll...

My answer would be "No"

"Burst control with BoS" ? What can I say, it's just a DPS cooldown like so many others in the game, it doesn't have any particularity anymore since the breath uptime is so short. You just build some RP before use it on CD or on important adds/increase DMG phase.

Every specs in the game have main cooldowns, every specs have "burst control" so you like every specs in the game ? If u like frost DK good for you, but wtf this can't be an argument

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost was a thinking man's spec back in wrath and has been a face roll spec since mid cata.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Frost is a completely brain dead spec outside of lining up a few procs and pooling some resources. It’s fun, but has a very low skill ceiling

Nah, the most boring is probably guardian druid. Brewmaster is quite close too.

Now if we take only dps... Havoc is one of them, but since it's overall strong, it doesn't bother many people it's so simplistic. Half the melee specs tbh are probably to be listed before I'd even consider dks on that list: except dh, both specs of warrior, assa rogue, enha shaman, ret paladin. On frost dk at least you have to time your breath well and not drop it like a pleb.

From ranged specs, yeah, arcane, bm and destro are pretty boring too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement.

Stormstrike, stormstrike, stormstrike.... No stormstrike procs? No dps.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Priest of any spec is pretty boring to me..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM has it beat imo

frost is definitely pretty easy, but i think arcane mage is even worse zz

It fucking sucks, yeah. But "most boring" without question qoes to affliction warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nah, the most boring is probably guardian druid. Brewmaster is quite close too.

Now if we take only dps... Havoc is one of them, but since it's overall strong, it doesn't bother many people it's so simplistic. Half the melee specs tbh are probably to be listed before I'd even consider dks on that list: except dh, both specs of warrior, assa rogue, enha shaman, ret paladin. On frost dk at least you have to time your breath well and not drop it like a pleb.

From ranged specs, yeah, arcane, bm and destro are pretty boring too.
    Destro may be boring as hell (and affliction too), but Demo is one of the most fun specs in the game.

So I'm curious what specs do you guys find fun right now?

I see demonology mentioned, which I haven't tried yet, anything else?

I've played survival a bit and that's okay with the right talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    It fucking sucks, yeah. But "most boring" without question qoes to affliction warlock.
    Idk about most boring, most tedious for sure, I mained afflic and stopped after I got aotc cause I couldnt stand m+, ok let's see how many thousands of dots I can apply over and over and over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post

I see demonology mentioned, which I haven't tried yet, anything else?

I've played survival a bit and that's okay with the right talents.
    Demo is fun but weak and in need of mechanical changes, survival is also a blast with good haste. Frost mages got million abilities and CD to play with,outlaw is another fun spec

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume Arcane tops the list for most boring, I've not looked into in recently but from what I last saw Arcane Blast was about 90% of its damage. Frost is passable, it functions okay and it hits a few buttons. I wouldn't say it feels satisfying to me, and I dislike how most of my damage is Melee, Breath of Sindragosa and Frost Fever.

I've been trying to PVP recently so I've mainly been playing UH, Frost doesn't seem to bring anything to the table that UH does and it all relies on BoS.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I would assume Arcane tops the list for most boring, I've not looked into in recently but from what I last saw Arcane Blast was about 90% of its damage. Frost is passable, it functions okay and it hits a few buttons. I wouldn't say it feels satisfying to me, and I dislike how most of my damage is Melee, Breath of Sindragosa and Frost Fever.

I've been trying to PVP recently so I've mainly been playing UH, Frost doesn't seem to bring anything to the table that UH does and it all relies on BoS.

I think both Arcane and Frost are very similar in BFA actually: you basically get some RP/Mana before dumping them into your big cooldowns and then you AFK.

The reason why NH BoS was fine and BFA BoS is not is because:

1. Breath uptime is way too short now, it was like 1 minute during during NH.
    My pov is i'm fine with having a spec that rely on burst phase, but the burst phase have to be enough consistent to justify the fact that you are waiting that much, wich is not the case atm for both of theses specs.

2. Downtimes are way too much because of class design and secondary stats/ilvl ratio nerfs.

3. GCDs Changes makes the spec feels way too clunky, having to go trough 2 fucking GCDS to actually start a breath really tilt me

4. The talent tree is complete dogshit: things like the chest legendaries are a nice ADDITION to the class itself, but they have nothing to do inside a talent tree. Plus, they didn't bother changing talents that are actually boring and needed to be changed, there is so much of them for Frost.

The whole BFA class design made pretty much everythings plays like ass, but I found some spec more fun than others:

Both Warriors DPS specs are fun, especially Fury. Demonology Warlock is pretty cool, Sub rogue is the funiest spec to play in a M+ environnement (even if Legion version was even better ofc) WW Monk is decent, DH Havoc is decent even if the gameplay is simplistic
    Last edited by omegalulz; 2018-11-30 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    Enhancement.

Stormstrike, stormstrike, stormstrike.... No stormstrike procs? No dps.
    This is how I'm starting to feel with my Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluvium View Post
    This is how I'm starting to feel with my Shaman.
    From my friend that played it in Legion, it was exactly the same then. It's also why they went ele instead.

Why I'm the only one to think Ret is like the most boring spec to play ever ?... At least with enh shaman, you had more rng which gives you a big satisfaction when the stars aligns. Ret paladin ? Not so much...