Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I've never understood the attraction of oneshotting people who can't fight back, but I suppose I don't understand the attraction of many other things either so that doesn't say much.

I can understand the other side of the exchange, trading intermittent frustration for some performance benefits. Why Blizzard would think this is conducive to player retention in the current faction climate is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It really doesn't matter why. If I kill low level people a massive amount of times, I've been told I'm both pathetic, and not capable of actually competing in PvP or fighting people the same level as me. If I kill people the same level as me, people make excuses saying my iLvL is higher and I'm pathetic for attacking people with far less gear than me. If I attack people with the same iLvL than me, I get told that I just got lucky and/or the class that I play is OP. If I kill multiple people by myself, it's essentially the last argument with the occasional "you're hacking being" thrown in. Nobody can accept the rule set the signed up for or the distinct possibility that they might just be worse than somebody else. I've been ganked by individuals before, in addition to groups/guilds before as well (both on my mains, and low level alts), but not once did I ever get so upset that I lashed out in tells, or on the forums in this game. Why?
    Probably the most important thing here...I think Blizz has even said the only way they could fix PVP and stop anyone from complaining is by somehow removing the ability to lose....and honestly on the world PVP spot..as you said they kinda did with the ability to turn off warmode.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Your fun is coming from making other people mad.
    This is le truthest honesty..

Needed 10 chars for message.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblade2091 View Post
    Killing a low-level player once, laughing at them, and moving on to something else? Fine, I guess. You showed 'em who's boss. Good for you.
    Someone like that is still a dick. Less a dick than someone who camp, but laughing at someone and trying to "show them who's the boss" is still about being an immature braggart.

Say it with me
    If it's red it's dead

https:
    //i.imgur.com/ubTKM1x
    .jpg

You know you're doing a good job when they consider suicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong, but it is a douchey thing to do. But as everyone knows, even if they won't admit it: Sometimes our own delight must come at the cost of someone elses suffering. Just don't overdo it.

"how do you kill someone who has no life?"

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    My question is: why do you do this? Is your penis too small and you need to compensate somehow?
    It's PvP and it's fun when they get friends to attempt to kick my butt.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Since BfA, I've just kept warmode off all the time, so it doesn't matter.

Before warmode was a thing, I treated ganking as a sort of "you mind your business, I'll mind mine" thing. Aside from a small handful of exceptions, I usually only ganked if it was in retaliation for something. If I'm on my level 30 alt, and you camp me on your level 40 alt, I'm gonna come out with my main and stomp your ass. But if I'm on my main and see some random level 30 Hordie who has never bothered me before in contested territory, I'll probably leave said Hordie alone. I need a reason other than "IF ITS RED ITS DED" and get no satisfaction out of one shotting someone who can't fight back.

At this point in the game, if you turn warmode ON, it's your choice, it's not impose to you like it was befor BFA

So my guess would be to stfu and turn your warmode off because you saw it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Ganking lowbies has been around forever but it's frowned upon by most. Mostly just weak ass pvpers beat on lowbies.
    It's just more frustrating these days as most levelers turn on warmode for the xp. I preferred only one faction on pvp servers and no pve>pvp transfers tbh ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    At this point in the game, if you turn warmode ON, it's your choice, it's not impose to you like it was befor BFA

So my guess would be to stfu and turn your warmode off because you saw it coming.
    That's the point it wasn't an issue before BfA because there was no bonus xp incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Try to make it to a quest NPC and hope the player kills it, then report them for griefing
    this is not griefing Blizzards rules on PVP are way different then PVE wow.... iv camped cities for Hours and killed NPCs now grant you this is before i also tried alliance and now im a bit calmer.... And dont gank as much or level questing hubs as much... but when it comes to griefing this is not....

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    It's PvP and it's fun when they get friends to attempt to kick my butt.
    I honestly call BS on that. Because if the fun for you really was to "fight others who try to kick your butt", you wouldn't be griefing lowbies and instead would go to max level content fight other players of similar level to you.

But you don't.

You stay in the low-level zone, ganking lowbies, ruining their fun and aggravating them. That tells me more that you're the kind of PvP player that would bolt the moment a player with a level more in line with yours showed up to fight you, only to return to the same spot after the other player gave up chasing you.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I honestly call BS on that. Because if the fun for you really was to "fight others who try to kick your butt", you wouldn't be griefing lowbies and instead would go to max level content fight other players of similar level to you.

But you don't.

You stay in the low-level zone, ganking lowbies, ruining their fun and aggravating them. That tells me more that you're the kind of PvP player that would bolt the moment a player with a level more in line with yours showed up to fight you, only to return to the same spot after the other player gave up chasing you.
    I can hold my own against 1 very rarely 2 120s but anymore than that I fly away to the next low level zone

My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    You're having fun by making them have less fun. That's why they're angry.

I can hold my own against 1 very rarely 2 120s but anymore than that I fly away to the next low level zone
    So you're confirming my hypothesis. Good to know.