View Poll Results: Who should marry Anduin?

Voters
294. This poll is closed
  • Wrathion

112 38.10%
  • Taelia

182 61.90%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I understand the LGBTQ community is absolutely starving for representation in popular media, and I'm glad it's steadily growing, especially in some of the cartoons that are popular now. Because everyone that lives deserves to grow up with rolemodels with which they can feel like 'this character is just like me! They understand what I'm going through!"

However, the LGBTQ community must understand in turn that whenever a same-sex friendship is written, it doesn't necessarily mean they're in love.

And I don't think I need to tell gay people that trying to force it is just asking for something to rupture.
    You gotta take it slow, build it up gradually, and make sure everyone involved is on the same level. Then the story goes smoothly, and everything slides in place.
    NO!

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to take things slow and 'ease' the straights into it to make them feel comfortable. I don't give a fuck if you're comfortable or not. Gays are a thing, we deserve to be just as represented as anyone else.

Change LBGTQ for 'Straight' in your post and see how idiotic it sounds...? That's what your post sounds like to LGBTQ people.

That said, I'm all for good writing and whomever Anduin ends up with is fine by me. I would like to see some representation in WoW though, and I think it's sadly lacking at the moment.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    *wooosshh*

You two must be a blast at parties.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    keep your gay shit out of wow please
    And keep it where it belongs, like the picture of your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    NO!

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to take things slow and 'ease' the straights into it to make them feel comfortable. I don't give a fuck if you're comfortable or not. Gays are a thing, we deserve to be just as represented as anyone else.

Change LBGTQ for 'Straight' in your post and see how idiotic it sounds...? That's what your post sounds like to LGBTQ people.
    That's just asking for backlash. You cannot do it that way, no matter what controversial topic you're dealing with. You'd just hurt your own cause by making the "straights" fight back all the harder.

As for WoW, sexuality really isn't much of a topic in the game. No group is getting represented much if at all there, so you can't exactly claim being underrepresented.

Deleted
    Why is Wrathion is a serious answer in this poll? Take your disgusting shit elsewhere you sick bastard. You're promoting bestiality here.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-30 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's just asking for backlash. You cannot do it that way, no matter what controversial topic you're dealing with. You'd just hurt your own cause by making the "straights" fight back all the harder.

As for WoW, sexuality really isn't much of a topic in the game. No group is getting represented much if at all there, so you can't exactly claim being underrepresented.
    One single gay relationship in this game ain't going to hurt anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being gay is not a political issue, and doesn't need to be fought against. It's just a normal mode of existence, just like being heterosexual. Should we backlash against straights for rubbing your straightness in our faces?

If you think sexuality is not represented in wow, you're running around with blinkers on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Except the LGBTQ community isn't "thirsting for representation" in WoW and certainly not between Anduin and Wrathion. A few people shouting loud about their head cannons and ships don't speak for the rest of said community. In case you haven't noticed topics like these are often started by someone who disappears and then the homophobes and bigots come in to harp about homosexuality being shoved down their throats.

There are literally hundreds of topics about people wanting absolutely idiotic relationships in WoW lore that make no sense yet I don't see all these dudes on mmo-champ lose their collective shit about that simply because those relationships are "heterosexual" in nature.
    Yup. Some people seem to not understand that "the LGBT community" is not a homogeneous group that all think the same thing.

Also, people need to remember that there're trolls on the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like taelia cause she's a sexy human waifu second to jaina proudmoore of course
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Okay so they might actually be bringing Wrathion back into the story, with them hinting at some kind of “Dragon Isles” in 8.1.

Wrathion was Anduin’s good friend in MoP, and Taelia seems to be a pretty capable warrior/paladin, however many speculate that her main purpose is to be Anduin’s love interest.

If you were a Blizzard writer and had to pick between these two to get with Anduin, who would you choose and why?
    Logic would state Taelia but a fanbase would demand Wrathion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion, since nowadays everything require representation, and we can't live without it. Make them bang in the throne room, for all i care.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    TIL its enough for a male character to literally stand next to another male character to suggest they're sexually involved.
    I think the bigger factor is that Anduin is usually seen as effeminate and gay in the first place, even if there is no evidence of him being attracted to men

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Wrathion, just because it would be fun to watch the whole community react to it
    i think it will have great positive reaction, we ship them since MoP era

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I think the bigger factor is that Anduin is usually seen as effeminate and gay in the first place, even if there is no evidence of him being attracted to men
    official lore - so far - have solid evidence of killing that fan shipping, Anduin did say he like girls specially Draenei in The Shattering, and not sure but i think he even complimented FEmale dwarfs (whose beards are sign of beauty)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Wrathion, purely to witness the unending salt mine that the forums will become.

Taelia, because Wrathion - apart from being the most useless dimwit in WoW - ultimately got Varian killed because he gave the Burning Legion a head start on their invasion of Azeroth by helping Garrosh escape to AU Draenor.

Besides, Taelia is a better character.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-30 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaV View Post
    And keep it where it belongs, like the picture of your avatar?
    are you referring to gandalfs actor being gay?
    well luckily him being gay, didnt get reflected onto the character of gandalf.

I wouldn't call it medieval fantasy, what with Gnomes, Titans etc., but it really doesn't make any sense for Anduin to marry anything not a biologically compatible female. His own feelings don't even matter here. He's a king, with a duty to see his line continued.
    That said, he isn't necessarily bound to marry a human. Warcraft genetics have shown to be... flexible.

So as far as this poll goes, i'm gonna have to go with Taelia, simply because she's the only realistic option available.
    Well, human society is basically displayed as medieval catholic Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Logic would state Taelia but a fanbase would demand Wrathion.
    Judging by the poll the fan base votes Taelia, and in before fan poll doesn't equal demand, I would say the people with crazier shippings are more likely to use fan sites not less...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    are you referring to gandalfs actor being gay?
    well luckily him being gay, didnt get reflected onto the character of gandalf.
    Much edge, many lord!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Sabellian or Ebonhorn shove a foot up Wrathion's entitled ass.