Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Goodbye Paragon Mounts, Hello Paragon Toys

In Battle for Azeroth Patch 8.1 Tides of Vengeance there are going to be 11 Toys that you can obtain as a reward from Paragon caches:

I personally don't like farming reputations 24/7 for paragon toys. If the drop chance for these toys are as low as they were for the paragon mounts/toys in Legion, then I'll probably pass on these toys. I should be happy when I get a reward, and not for the moment when "I don't have to grind reputations anymore".

I would like to see an alternative method to get them, either a currency system or making the toys BoE would be fine.

Whether or not you are a collector, how do you feel about the Paragon Toys? Will you be grinding reputations? Why/Why not?
    Last edited by Lumy; 2018-12-01 at 02:46 AM.

I got all the mounts pretty quickly in Legion, but that was mostly because I was running a ton of characters once flying was introduced and emissaries became pretty quick. Now that I'm happily playing one character again, this list just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Ill get the toys that I get, and not stress the ones that I don't I suppose.

No matter what, there needs to be bad luck protection on these things similar to Legiondaries.

You shouldn't have to wait over 10+ caches (if you're lucky at that) for what you're looking for. That's an absurd amount of reputation for no guaranteed reward.

Fantastic! No, I won't be grinding these at all. That's a load off my mind.

What if we combined grind, randomness, AND a meaningless reward? I BET THEY'LL LOVE THAT ONE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Was going to say this is actually good news. Less worry for me to farm them.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    To me there the same as say the rare drop drake pets, would be nice but ultimatly not something I’ll farm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Paragon toys doesn't bother me at all. It's a nice potential reward from gaining additional rep after exalted.

I'm glad they removed the mounts from Paragon, as I don't feel compelled to farm constantly.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    YES. I agree 100%. I'm actually enjoying how non-committal I am with BfA.

Leveling a Dark Iron Shaman before 8.1 level nerfs just for fun. My guildmates think I'm a mongo but whatever, man. I'm not prog raiding. I just go on heroic run night.

Only one transformation toy and it's for one faction

what a relief. I thought I was gonna be having to log on everyday to do emissaries for a mount chance. now I don't have to log in at all. I got sort of a mount "pokemon" fever...…..gotta catch em all.

I'll get them if I get them. There don't seem to be any that I really want. I'm just glad they didn't put mounts in them this time.

Iam a mount collector and i really dont care that much for pets and toys so iam glad about this change it just gives me more reason not to anymore WQs this xpac.

What annoys me the most is that they're split between factions, so you have to make not one, but two armies of alts (each faction) to farm all of them.

For example I've gotten recently the toy from Arathi world boss, and was granted both alliance and horde version of it - I would really wish for these to be like that too, each have equivalent between factions. But nope, doesn't look like it. It's even more convoluted, because some factions have paragon pets instead of toys etc.

I’m glad it’s toys and not mounts this time- I’m still taking a bunch of my toons back to order halls for Paragon mounts. I got Valarjar and Farondis on the same day, and nothing since
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

If these are as rare as the Paragon rep mounts in Legion, that's BS. I hope they have a slightly higher drop rate. still never got my Valajar Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    No matter what, there needs to be bad luck protection on these things similar to Legiondaries.

You shouldn't have to wait over 10+ caches (if you're lucky at that) for what you're looking for. That's an absurd amount of reputation for no guaranteed reward.
    Especially considering how someone of you might only be able to get on characters of the opposite faction. I imagine stuff such as "Goldtusk Inn Breakfast Buffet" or "Proudmoore Music Box" can only be gained by Horde and Alliance characters, respectively.

For the music boxes you can just script them into a macro and boom free toy.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Most of the mounts I didn't care about. Toys? Pfft, I care far less about them than mounts that I would never use.

I don't give a crap about the toys which I take as a huge relief. If I happen to get them, great. But I won't be doing what I'm doing now where I go back to do Dreamweavers crap all the time to get that flippin' unicorn that just absolutely refuses to drop for me. That and Argus for the ONE Elekk mount I can't get.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice