Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    “A huge mech continent beneath the earth” Undermine was an underground continent right. Was bound to have a lot of machines right? Maybe they took over a la Terminator? Maybe they became old god/ void infested machines? The Zandalar part was just added connection to current content.
    Undermine is a the capital city of Goblin cartels. Could possible be used as a Horde hub for such an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Void class would be limited if one thinks of storyline. Unlike Tinker, which we already have and could be connected to 6+ races MINIMUM.

And Tinker would give us something we need, a non-magical class.
    Although i agree about not needing another magical class, you need to ask yourself if a Void-based class would be magical at all. I mean it could be a simple power bar like Rage or Energy called Void and be used for certain abilities. A couple of void particle effects here and there, and voila, pretty much Void Demon Hunter for pretty much every race. It could be a Mail class as well, the ranged spec could be akin more to Hunters rather than a pure Spellcaster.

Tinker would be a neat race though, it could help to increase the ranks of two of the least played races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a tinker class, would love even more if they only had dps specs, i would be more than happy if the two would be ranged and melee

Would be the first new class or hero class without a tank/heal spec

And make all the specs do huge explosions, so much that fire mages and destro lock would be jelly.

Pls blizzard make my dream come true

Also no pets, be it as cooldown or permanent, just not pets. Pretty please?

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if the Void is an ultimate power, it is widely unknown/unused by mortals.
    To be honest, I'm not so sure it's "equivalent" to the Light, because the Light has influenced various races throughout time, but the Void is a lot more absent.

Dark Ranger and Tinkerer are really Blizzard's best bets because they not only have Mail, but also use Daggers/Bows/Xbows or Guns/Xbows, respectively.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2018-11-30 at 07:48 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Highmountain Tauren Tinker is all I want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Although i agree about not needing another magical class, you need to ask yourself if a Void-based class would be magical at all. I mean it could be a simple power bar like Rage or Energy called Void and be used for certain abilities. A couple of void particle effects here and there, and voila, pretty much Void Demon Hunter for pretty much every race. It could be a Mail class as well, the ranged spec could be akin more to Hunters rather than a pure Spellcaster.

Tinker would be a neat race though, it could help to increase the ranks of two of the least played races.
    Just the sheer implemention of void would make it a magical class.

Tinker isn't really a race, it is what binds multiple races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    We could really use an actual Void based class instead of just having 1 spec use it. The Void is basically 1 of 2 ultimate powers in the WoW universe and we already have multiple classes and specs that can use the Light, I think the Void deserves an entire class dedicated to it and since 9.0 is shaping to be a Void Lord kind of expansion, this would be a perfect time to add one.

It would have 3 specs:

Melee DPS: My favorite style of melee has always been the high mobility large weapon wielding type, which WoW doesn't have at the moment. Something akin to the Blade Dancer (sort of like combining the big 2h bad assery of a Warrior with the swift mobility play style of a DH/Monk).

Ranged DPS: Ranged DPS are all being overshadowed by melees right now and a new ranged spec would be needed for the new class. Again, keeping in line with the mobility theme we'd have a slippery glass cannon style ranged class like an Arcane/Fire Mage, however, instead of relying on iceblock/cc to survive, this one will be able to self cast heals on themselves like all hybrid classes and also because...

Healer: Another useful spec to have. All the previous newly added classes (DKs/Monks/DHs) all came with a tank spec, we don't need more of those. This class will have no tank spec, but a healing one instead. Since we already know void can also heal (SP's leech and Disc's Shadow Mend) we can make this healer apply those two style of healing. Make it a DPS leech style of heals similar to Discs but also keeping it in theme with high mobility and lower mitigation.

No point in suggesting specific abilities, but those general themes would be unique to anything we have and pretty cool.
    I always had discussions like this with my guildies over discord. My idea to a new class would have been Witch Doctor which would add another weapon type to the loot table "Poison Darts" and since Demon Hunters have a 2 style talent spec system (Dps/Tank) the Witch Doctor would have just a "dps/healer". The healing aspect of Witch Doctor would be like takes health from targets and heals mana/'Resource'! think about it all healers heal health, but what if Witch Doctors had a system that allowed them to siphon life from friendly targets/enemies and heal friendly peoples mana/resource - also their dispel mechanics would be "consume dispel" which rather than dispelling the target they consume the debuff and they regen a %.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdLord View Post
    I always had discussions like this with my guildies over discord. My idea to a new class would have been Witch Doctor which would add another weapon type to the loot table "Poison Darts" and since Demon Hunters have a 2 style talent spec system (Dps/Tank) the Witch Doctor would have just a "dps/healer". The healing aspect of Witch Doctor would be like takes health from targets and heals mana/'Resource'! think about it all healers heal health, but what if Witch Doctors had a system that allowed them to siphon life from friendly targets/enemies and heal friendly peoples mana/resource - also their dispel mechanics would be "consume dispel" which rather than dispelling the target they consume the debuff and they regen a %.
    Poison darts....? That is just lame though. How many different variation of a tube can you make? If they are going to add a new weapon type, I'd rather see double guns.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

A Void class? Shadow Priest Void Elves seriously aren't enough? Between the Shadow spec and the Void Elf racials, it seems that the Void is covered pretty well.
    Last edited by BwonsamditheDead; 2018-11-30 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Depends exactly how they are done.

Any race can learn engineering, so unless there are obvious size restrictions (a "mecha" form or something), no race would be too far-fetched to be a tinker.

If there's nothing like that and it simply revolves around using more advanced gadgets than engineering, there's not much reason to not have most races being a tinker, maybe apart from the more nature-y races? (night elves, tauren, maybe some of the allied races too?)

I mean, even demons have tinkers The Iron Horde also had quite a few orc tinker-types. There are also a few Blood Elves with a steampunk tinker vibe.
    I think the mech as a tank spec is pretty much a given. That means that races that are too big are probably not an option. But theres room to have more than just gnomes and goblins. Definitely dwarves qualify. The problem are the horde conterpart. Forsaken maybe? Blood elves an possibility as well, though i think they already have DH restricted to them on horde so it's a bit overkill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    I would love a tinker class, would love even more if they only had dps specs, i would be more than happy if the two would be ranged and melee

Would be the first new class or hero class without a tank/heal spec

And make all the specs do huge explosions, so much that fire mages and destro lock would be jelly.

Pls blizzard make my dream come true

Also no pets, be it as cooldown or permanent, just not pets. Pretty please?
    I´m pretty sure they said before they wouldnt ever do a pure dps class again. The reason why is obvious when we think what the consequences on dungeon queue timers would be. So, tank or healer specs or both are guaranteed.

I am hoping for ranged DPS/tank/healer. Don't think we have had one of those yet (except for druids but they cheat with 4 specs).
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-11-30 at 09:41 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cloth wearing melee DPS would be awesome too. Would make 3 plate, 2 mail, 4 leather and 4 cloth wearers, not too bad. Mail is the lamest of armor styles anyway, so having 2 is more than enough tbh.
    This doesn't make any sense what so ever, this ''coolness'' is based on nothing and could easily be added if the class is cool or interesting enough.
    For me that would be the Dark ranger, no void bs and all that. My shadow priest never liked the void stuff you can have them so I can have my vampiric/shadow nature back.

But for real, mail is the only choice realy..

If you had made up a concept for a void class, I would have listened.

Since you think that you need to try to shoot down another popular concept to get people to look at it (in the title, no less), I'll have to pass, though.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-12-01 at 02:47 AM.

Tinker class probably has too much effects, which is not good for WOW mobile ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's the other way around. People want something different, and that's the Tinker class. Void stuff is already covered by Priests, and there's even a race dedicated to it. Beyond that, we have several classes that use shadow magic of some sort. We have no specs or classes dedicated to technology, yet there is technology all over WoW. So yeah, clearly we'd be better off with a Tinker class instead of a class that's treating familiar territory already covered by an existing spec and race. Heck, if you have a Void Elf shadow priest you're playing a Void class.

the only class that could possibly make me reroll from hunter is tinker and thats because i love machines and science and explosions. if blizz did it right, tinker would be my wet dream of a class.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    I agree. Give us Shadow hunters!

Or any troll-based class, really.
    Blizzard will just create a badass shadow hunter orden to be raid fodder like any interesting troll place/organization, we are literally the nelf version of the horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I'd love to play a Void Ranger like Alleria Windrunner. The Hunter class isn't nearly the same thing, since they don't have any ability revolving around the shadows, except for that Dark Ranger talent, which has nothing to do with the Void anyway. Or perhaps an Hunter-Shadow Priest hybrid? The possibilities are endless.

To be honest, I am surprised that Void doesn't have its own dedicated class, but only a few specs (Shadow Priest, Affliction Warlock). Meanwhile, the Light has Paladins and Priests, Fel has Demon Hunters and Warlocks, Death has Death Knights and the Arcane has Mages. A Void-themed class would truly be a breath of fresh air. I wonder why Blizzard hasn't introduced a Void counterpart of Paladins, but I am pretty sure that their time is at hand, since the future expansion will clearly be about the Void Lords.
    alleria is not a void ranger no matter what bs blizzard spouts out of their rear end.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Well, at least our gods came to help us out during our hour of need, unlike some...
    Yeah except when the other faction invades, only bwon is the most helpful of them, damm blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This doesn't make any sense what so ever, this ''coolness'' is based on nothing and could easily be added if the class is cool or interesting enough.
    For me that would be the Dark ranger, no void bs and all that. My shadow priest never liked the void stuff you can have them so I can have my vampiric/shadow nature back.

But for real, mail is the only choice realy..
    It does make 100% sense. Mail armor is basically just a shitty version of plate for classes too beta and weak to be able to walk around in heavy plate.

Leather = light for agile classes.
    Plate = heavy armor for strong Chads.
    Mail = for classes slower than leather wearers and weaker than plate wearers.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    We could really use an actual Void based class instead of just having 1 spec use it. The Void is basically 1 of 2 ultimate powers in the WoW universe and we already have multiple classes and specs that can use the Light, I think the Void deserves an entire class dedicated to it and since 9.0 is shaping to be a Void Lord kind of expansion, this would be a perfect time to add one.
    We also have multiple classes that utilize Shadow, which is what void powers are. Why does the Void deserve an entire class when it already has a dedicated spec along with multiple shadow-based classes?

It would have 3 specs:

Melee DPS: My favorite style of melee has always been the high mobility large weapon wielding type, which WoW doesn't have at the moment. Something akin to the Blade Dancer (sort of like combining the big 2h bad assery of a Warrior with the swift mobility play style of a DH/Monk).
    Isn't that essentially a Demon Hunter?

Ranged DPS: Ranged DPS are all being overshadowed by melees right now and a new ranged spec would be needed for the new class. Again, keeping in line with the mobility theme we'd have a slippery glass cannon style ranged class like an Arcane/Fire Mage, however, instead of relying on iceblock/cc to survive, this one will be able to self cast heals on themselves like all hybrid classes and also because...
    We already have Shadow Priest which is Void ranged DPS to a "T".

Healer: Another useful spec to have. All the previous newly added classes (DKs/Monks/DHs) all came with a tank spec, we don't need more of those. This class will have no tank spec, but a healing one instead. Since we already know void can also heal (SP's leech and Disc's Shadow Mend) we can make this healer apply those two style of healing. Make it a DPS leech style of heals similar to Discs but also keeping it in theme with high mobility and lower mitigation.
    So basically steal concepts and abilities from the Priest class in order to create something "new".

No point in suggesting specific abilities, but those general themes would be unique to anything we have and pretty cool.
    How is any of this unique when you literally mentioned other classes when you described this concept?