Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Isn't the GOP the party that supposedly cares about the troops?
    Isn't the GOP the party that wants to end the war on Christmas then literally deployed troops on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Isn't the GOP the party that wants to end the war on Christmas then literally deployed troops on it?
    IOKIYAR

/10characters
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Guess who's coming to dinner?

Not the border troops.

Well, feliz navidad y prospero año to our brave men and women in uniform, eating their MREs under the lights of...oh, right, no electricity.
    they knew what they signed up for

Quote Originally Posted by your mother View Post
    they knew what they signed up for
    None of which included being used as political pawns for an invasion that's not real.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

This Christmas, just remember, the party of Christian moral values have sent the military to stop a bunch of poor refugees from entering our country and seeking the mercy of asylum. They are literally gassing children named Jesus.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

It's funny that the religious right are the ones pushing hardest against allowing to come in... meaning they are the ones who would be keeping out Mary and Jesus... the circle is complete.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    These "asylum seekers" are just going to be another burden on the tax payers. We have Americans homeless and hungry but we are paying to take care of foreigners.
    You know what else puts a burden on taxpayers? Trump playing golf all the time. https://trumpgolfcount.com/

You know what else puts a burden on taxpayers? Federal employees being forced to stay in Trump hotels which cost far more than normal hotels.

You know what else puts a burden on taxpayers? Reducing taxes on the rich by 20-30% while the middle class gets a .5-1% tax cut. The debt is ballooning more rapidly than ever, and out country's children will have to pay for those tax cuts that the rich got.

You know what else puts a burden on taxpayers? Basically every single thing Republicans do.

Nobody on the right has any room to whine about fiscal issues as long as Trump is in office without looking like a MASSIVE hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's funny that the religious right are the ones pushing hardest against allowing to come in... meaning they are the ones who would be keeping out Mary and Jesus... the circle is complete.
    The religious right can't even rightfully call themselves Christians. The bibles they hold up are just props. They don't practice anything that they preach, and most of them are blatant hypocrites anyway, shitting on the poor while hoarding wealth and having opulent feasts, having multiple affairs, having abortions lowkey, etc.

During my time living in the deep south, I've come to realize that most of the religious right's zealotry and hatred comes from Freud and Jung's classic projection, where they hate something about themselves and then project it onto others. They're either closet gays, had lots of abortions when they were young, wildly racist and unwelcoming, etc. But they scream about it being evil at everyone else because they see it in themselves and only feel a sense of self-loathing, and want to punish anyone else who does the same.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    The religious right can't even rightfully call themselves Christians. The bibles they hold up are just props. They don't practice anything that they preach, and most of them are blatant hypocrites anyway, shitting on the poor while hoarding wealth and having opulent feasts, having multiple affairs, having abortions lowkey, etc.
    There is another problem with Mexico specifically. You know the cries of incompatible culture? Mexico is well over 80% Christians, which is 10% greater than US. Mexico is more Christian, than US is... by about 10%.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There is another problem with Mexico specifically. You know the cries of incompatible culture? Mexico is well over 80% Christians, which is 10% greater than US. Mexico is more Christian, than US is... by about 10%.
    Yeah,but they are the wrong kind of Christian,GOP is Protestant or GTFO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Yeah,but they are the wrong kind of Christian,GOP is Protestant or GTFO.
    I don’t think many care about that difference anymore. Look at Trump’s travel ban, which specifically mentioned supporting Christians escaping persecution. He didn’t mention that they are Orthodox or Catholic. But, you are absolutely right, less than 10% are Protestant.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Isn't the GOP the party that supposedly cares about the troops?
    No. They care about the military industrial complex.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    The religious right can't even rightfully call themselves Christians.
    This cannot be seconded hard enough.

I won't get too Stephen Colbert on this, but if you oppose food for the hungry, medicine for the sick, roofs for the homeless and alms for the poor, you cannot call yourself as a student of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I'll fully admit the Old/New Testaments have a lot of difficult or contradictory stuff, and it's at the point where saying "you wear gold and had a divorce, you're going to Hell" is me being the asshole. But both the letter, and spirit, of Jesus' word on Earth were not really all that hard to interpret.

P.S. The Book of Matthew, Chapter 2, Verses 12+ leaps to mind when electing Trump. But, I could go all day pointing out how Trump is provably a heretic, or I could take a dozen nonperishables to the church down the street. Guess which I'm going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Pretty sure almost nobody signed up for the military expecting to role play as border patrol agents lol
    Especially since they can't do anything in regards to policing. Like arresting anyone or anything.

As a catholic watching all of this from abroad, it feels like a great many in the US are but nominally Christian, but have functionally, in their daily lives, political views, taken on worshipping Mammon. The mere idea of riches - or rather success, as it is called to sound more positive - is what drives many. The rich, the successful, they are the ones to aspire to be. Not the compassionate or the helpful, just the successful. And thus, since the wealthy are closer to the ideal because they are successful, their moral failings are ignored for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    "please, we need a place to stay for the night. My wife is pregnant."

"No free handouts here! You turn around and back the way you came, you hear!"

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t think many care about that difference anymore. Look at Trump’s travel ban, which specifically mentioned supporting Christians escaping persecution. He didn’t mention that they are Orthodox or Catholic. But, you are absolutely right, less than 10% are Protestant.
    I honestly do not believe, that Trump knows, that there are multiple groups. Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Catholic, Protestants, the Church of England... andof course a multitude of christian minorities as well as smaller churches....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    "please, we need a place to stay for the night. My wife is pregnant."

"No free handouts here! You turn around and back the way you came, you hear!"
    "You don't understand, I need a better life for my family!"
    "Well, you should have thought of that before you got her pregnant."
    "I didn't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Something interesting to consider, as we try to block people from entering the US. How does that work with missionaries?

I forgot to gloat... saw the original cast, in NYC, front row, 35$ a pop... make friends with the doorman... no joke.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-12-03 at 03:00 AM.

I also remember when he flipped his position on policies every 15 seconds. That's sort of why the "Donald Trump Lied!" doesn't bother his supporters.

1) It's been screeched for 2+ years
    2) They know he'll just do whatever he thinks is best.
    3) They trust Donald Trump more than they trust Media

I'm unsure if losing the wall will have any impact on his base, or convince them that they need to push even harder in 2020 if they want to keep out all the illegals caravans and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by saragabool View Post
    I also remember when he flipped his position on policies every 15 seconds. That's sort of why the "Donald Trump Lied!" doesn't bother his supporters.

1) It's been screeched for 2+ years
    2) They know he'll just do whatever he thinks is best.
    3) They trust Donald Trump more than they trust Media

I'm unsure if losing the wall will have any impact on his base, or convince them that they need to push even harder in 2020 if they want to keep out all the illegals caravans and whatnot.
    Immediately after the election many of the Trumpbots on this forum were pretending they never really cared about the wall anyway. They just like the feeling of a wall I suppose.

So no, nothing would really bother them. They live in an impenetrable bubble of cognitive dissonance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.