Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh yay. Another edgelord class

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I just want a tank based around PURE evasion, nothing else, just evasion, no stagger, no parry, just evasion.

And another ranged spec, there hasn't been one since the games release lol.
    sounds like a ranged class.
    Ot: tinkerer class will be a huge fail and disappointment for most of the playerbase , we don't want to play gnomes or goblin , mechanical or not they are lame as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    sounds like a ranged class.
    Ot: tinkerer class will be a huge fail and disappointment for most of the playerbase , we don't want to play gnomes or goblin , mechanical or not they are lame as fuck.
    Who is "we"? You should replace that "we" with "I".

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    the playerbase , https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/
    less than 8% in both EU and US play gnomes unironically , they'll expend resources on something that virtually no one is going to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    the playerbase , https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/
    less than 8% in both EU and US play gnomes unironically , they'll expend resources on something that virtually no one is going to play.
    The population numbers are low because no class really fits their race, making them feel completely out of place, and less likely for players to choose them. For example, despite Gnomes appearing in artwork as mages, you roll a Gnome mage and you're suddenly in a sci-fi nightmare fighting robots and irradiated scientists. You then meet your race leader who is decked out in tech gear and riding a mech.

Giving Gnomes (and Goblins) a class that fits their race would help their population numbers. You have to give me a reason to play those races, and Blizzard has given us none.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2018-12-01 at 04:44 PM.

Honestly it's the other way around. People want something different, and that's the Tinker class. Void stuff is already covered by Priests, and there's even a race dedicated to it.
    For someone who repeats, non-stop, that a profession isn't a class, I'm amused that you're here saying "a race is a class" in regards to the idea of a void-based class. It's called hypocrisy, or double-standard.

As for the "priests cover void"... yes, but no. It's just one spec. For that reason, since we have mages who have a fire spec, the destruction warlock spec shouldn't exist, and shaman shouldn't be allowed to use fire spells. But they do.

The game is littered with examples of concepts being shared by two or more classes, yet used in different ways to make them sufficiently distinct. Frost mages and frost DKs. Fire mages and destruction warlocks. Priests and paladins. Warlocks and demon hunters.

And then, the only "we want something different" that I've seen from the vast majority of posts I've seen is that people want a ranged class, since every single class we've gotten since vanilla were melee classes.

Would a tinker class fill that 'ranged theme' deficiency in the game? Yes, it would. But so would a necromancer class. So would a bard class, too. You talk about how we don't have a class based entirely on technology, but here's the thing: Warcraft is, in its essence, a fantasy setting. Yes, it has "steampunk-ish highlights", but it's not its central theme. Which is why classes like the Hunter have a few tech abilities, like traps, grenades, and bombs. They don't raise up to the level of "mechs" (which practically everyone and their mothers have in this game) but perhaps that may be an indicative that technology is not supposed to be a central theme?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    For someone who repeats, non-stop, that a profession isn't a class, I'm amused that you're here saying "a race is a class" in regards to the idea of a void-based class. It's called hypocrisy, or double-standard.
    Well the difference is that the race in question is literally called Void Elves and they have multiple void based racials. People asking for a void-based class are simply being greedy. Could you imagine if we had a race loaded with Tech-based racials, and a spec that allowed you to ride in a mech, drop turrets, summon robots to assist, etc. and still were asking for a Tinker class?

The difference here is that there is no spec in the game dedicated to technology. Zero, zilch, nada.

The other problem is that "Void" is merely another way to say "Shadow". We have multiple classes that specialize in Shadow abilities.

Also I would hardly consider Hunter grenades and traps Tinker abilities.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2018-12-01 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowcensus speaks for itself. Goblins and Gnomes are one of the least popular races. THE MASSES have already spoken.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Wowcensus speaks for itself. Goblins and Gnomes are one of the least popular races. THE MASSES have already spoken.
    Already addressed:

The population numbers are low because no class really fits their race, making them feel completely out of place, and less likely for players to choose them. For example, despite Gnomes appearing in artwork as mages, you roll a Gnome mage and you're suddenly in a sci-fi nightmare fighting robots and irradiated scientists. You then meet your race leader who is decked out in tech gear and riding a mech.

Giving Gnomes (and Goblins) a class that fits their race would help their population numbers. You have to give me a reason to play those races, and Blizzard has given us none.

I fully fucking agree with you. Bow + void spells would be the best. Bestest ever in fact. Tinker is a cuck class for one percent of perverts who play gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I fully fucking agree with you. Bow + void spells would be the best. Bestest ever in fact. Tinker is a cuck class for one percent of perverts who play gnomes.
    Edgelord confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    We could really use an actual Void based class instead of just having 1 spec use it. The Void is basically 1 of 2 ultimate powers in the WoW universe and we already have multiple classes and specs that can use the Light, I think the Void deserves an entire class dedicated to it and since 9.0 is shaping to be a Void Lord kind of expansion, this would be a perfect time to add one.

It would have 3 specs:

Melee DPS: My favorite style of melee has always been the high mobility large weapon wielding type, which WoW doesn't have at the moment. Something akin to the Blade Dancer (sort of like combining the big 2h bad assery of a Warrior with the swift mobility play style of a DH/Monk).

Ranged DPS: Ranged DPS are all being overshadowed by melees right now and a new ranged spec would be needed for the new class. Again, keeping in line with the mobility theme we'd have a slippery glass cannon style ranged class like an Arcane/Fire Mage, however, instead of relying on iceblock/cc to survive, this one will be able to self cast heals on themselves like all hybrid classes and also because...

Healer: Another useful spec to have. All the previous newly added classes (DKs/Monks/DHs) all came with a tank spec, we don't need more of those. This class will have no tank spec, but a healing one instead. Since we already know void can also heal (SP's leech and Disc's Shadow Mend) we can make this healer apply those two style of healing. Make it a DPS leech style of heals similar to Discs but also keeping it in theme with high mobility and lower mitigation.

No point in suggesting specific abilities, but those general themes would be unique to anything we have and pretty cool.
    Life and Death are stronger, thx tho.

Well the difference is that the race in question is literally called Void Elves and they have multiple void based racials. People asking for a void-based class are simply being greedy.
    But the point here is that, just like you claim that a profession is not a class, then a race is also not a class. Otherwise, we can say that we have engineering already with multiple tech-based skills, and people asking for a tech-based class are simply being greedy.

Could you imagine if we had a race loaded with Tech-based racials, and a spec that allowed you to ride in a mech,
    Goblins: Rocket Barrage and Rocket Jump on top of having mechanical trikes as mounts. Or one of the several mech mounts in the game.

drop turrets, summon robots to assist, etc. and still were asking for a Tinker class?
    Engineering can already do that. Regardless, what you're doing here is wrong at a base level, because you're describing here is a race with racials that could compete with a class in terms of utility and combativity, and that does not exist in the game. And likely never will.

But going by your logic here, void elves cannot summon portals to the void to summon an ethereal to fight for them, for example. Void elves cannot mend wounds with the void. Void elves cannot cloak themselves in the void to remove all debuffs from themselves. Do you comprehend it now? I did the exact same thing you did: came up with random abilities the race cannot do, and pointed out how the void elf race cannot do what I just described.

The difference here is that there is no spec in the game dedicated to technology. Zero, zilch, nada.
    Dedicated? That's true. None. But we do have a class that dabbles in it.

The other problem is that "Void" is merely another way to say "Shadow". We have multiple classes that specialize in Shadow abilities.
    Um... no. At best, we have one and a half specs that deal with the type of "shadow" that is the Void. Warlocks use fel, and death knights use necromancy. They are, in-game, classified as "shadow", but they're not void "shadow".

- - - Updated - - -

Already addressed:
    "Addressed" is too strong a term. "My opinion" would be a more fitting term. That is nothing but subjectivity. Because I can also claim is that the reason that goblins and gnomes are the least played race is because most find their voices terrible, or their body shapes terrible, or their sizes too small, or their hairstyle too goofy.

If you want to prove your point, why don't you make a thread with a poll about the reason people don't play gnomes or goblins? I can assure you that "no class that fits" won't be in the top answer, perhaps not even in the upper half of the list.

Edgelord confirmed.
    Hey Teris 'Demon Hunters won't happen'. Being calld edgelord by you is like guzzling milk out of goddess's teats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But the point here is that, just like you claim that a profession is not a class, then a race is also not a class. Otherwise, we can say that we have engineering already with multiple tech-based skills, and people asking for a tech-based class are simply being greedy.
    I never said that a race is a class. I said that Void Elves in combination with Shadow Priest should cover any desire for a Void class. Everything about that race and spec revolves around the Void.

Goblins: Rocket Barrage and Rocket Jump on top of having mechanical trikes as mounts. Or one of the several mech mounts in the game.
    A mount isn't a mech because you can't take that mount into combat or utilize it in a combat rotation.

Dedicated? That's true. None. But we do have a class that dabbles in it.
    Dabble isn't enough compared to a race and a spec dedicated to a concept.

Um... no. At best, we have one and a half specs that deal with the type of "shadow" that is the Void. Warlocks use fel, and death knights use necromancy. They are, in-game, classified as "shadow", but they're not void "shadow".
    Wowpedia disagrees:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void

According to Wowpedia, Void magic is the core of ALL shadow magic, including demons and undead. For example, Warlocks can control void creatures like Voidwalkers.

"Addressed" is too strong a term. "My opinion" would be a more fitting term. That is nothing but subjectivity. Because I can also claim is that the reason that goblins and gnomes are the least played race is because most find their voices terrible, or their body shapes terrible, or their sizes too small, or their hairstyle too goofy.

If you want to prove your point, why don't you make a thread with a poll about the reason people don't play gnomes or goblins? I can assure you that "no class that fits" won't be in the top answer, perhaps not even in the upper half of the list.
    There's no need, because the reason I used is the correct one. For example, every other race has a leader who they can emulate. Dwarves, Blood Elves, and Tauren can be Warriors like their leaders. Forsaken can be Hunters like their leader. Orcs can be a shaman like Thrall. Humans can be Paladins which is quite similar to what Anduin is now, or be Warriors like Varian, etc.

Gnomes and Goblins can't fight inside mechs like Mekkatorque or Gallywix. So if you're creating a Priest for example, why would you choose a Gnome or Goblin over a Night Elf priestess (like Tyrande) or a Draenei priest (like Velen)?

We already have Shadow Priest which is Void ranged DPS to a "T".
    So let's delete Destruction Warlocks and Elemental Shamans because we already have a fire mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    So let's delete Destruction Warlocks and Elemental Shamans because we already have a fire mage.
    Why? Destruction Warlocks also use Shadow/Void magic alongside fire magic. Elemental Shaman use Air, Earth, Water, and Fire magic. Fire Mages are pretty much pure Fire Magic, and Shadow Priests are pretty much pure Shadow/Void.

Hopefully you see the difference.

Why? Destruction Warlocks also use Shadow/Void magic alongside fire magic. Elemental Shaman use Air, Earth, Water, and Fire magic. Fire Mages are pretty much pure Fire Magic, and Shadow Priests are pretty much pure Shadow/Void.

Hopefully you see the difference.
    So Fire Mages are pretty much pure fire magic, and yet we have other classes use fire magic in different ways. Shadow priests are pretty much pure void, and we can have another class that uses void magic in different ways. That's the entire point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    So Fire Mages are pretty much pure fire magic, and yet we have other classes use fire magic in different ways. Shadow priests are pretty much pure void, and we can have another class that uses void magic in different ways. That's the entire point.
    And we already do. Warlocks and DKs utilize different aspects of Void/Shadow magic. The important point here is that the TS is advocating for a PURE Void class, which directly competes with the Shadow Priest spec which is already pure void/shadow.

Does the game need more classes? Demon Hunters seem pretty redundant for the foreseeable future.