Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody normal cares about sunsciption numbers, how many play retail, or how many play classic.
    The only people that care about this are Blizzard "haters" to spawn threads and posts about the downfall of eViL BLIZZARD!

Normal people want a game to enjoy.

This isnt some conspiracy theory.

Deleted
    I think they just realise that this is the best business model. It's great in the sense that it allows people to jump from one version of the game to the other, if they get abit burned out in the version they play.. And with the added bonus of having just one sub count, which would allow them to boast about sub numbers if things goes really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they start reporting sub numbers again you'll have your answer. Personally that's what I think it is but either way I think it's cool that you get access to both for the price of one. If it had a separate sub I probably wouldn't play it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrofilth View Post
    Do you guys think blizzard did it on purpose to have an active retail subscription to play vanilla wow so people can't see who plays retail and who plays vanilla. It counts the same for both games.

Let me hear you!
    They can see who plays what, despite what the community thinks Blizzard isn't a bunch of monkeys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Or perhaps they did that so those who want to play Classic and Current won't have to pay for two separate subscription fees.
    Yes, but some people who're interested in classic have this idea that they think classic is going to overtake live...and that is a attempt to hide that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yes, but some people who're interested in classic have this idea that they think classic is going to overtake live...and that is a attempt to hide that fact.
    Those people are either:
    a) Delusional, or
    b) Baiting.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    One subscription for both games is what makes the most sense. That's really all there needs to be to it.

Internally they will know how many people will play which and for how long so I'm not too sure what needs to be discussed here.
    If you play either exclusively, you're getting boned. Current WoW servers are garbage, current expansion is garbage and classic is 15 years old. Blizzard has enough MTX in game to make profit, maybe they should drop subscription altogether.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    No, I just think they believe if you want to play WoW you pay to them to play it. Besides they benefit each others so there is no need for any pathetic rivalry.
    Hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Not much left in live is there?

I don't think either version will thrive because of the subscription period, because neither is worth the premium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    If you play either exclusively, you're getting boned. Current WoW servers are garbage, current expansion is garbage and classic is 15 years old. Blizzard has enough MTX in game to make profit, maybe they should drop subscription altogether.
    Why would Blizzard want or need to drop their subscription model?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Nobody normal cares about sunsciption numbers, how many play retail, or how many play classic.
    The only people that care about this are Blizzard "haters" to spawn threads and posts about the downfall of eViL BLIZZARD!

Normal people want a game to enjoy.

This isnt some conspiracy theory.
    People do care, because they invest time into it.

Why would you invest in a sinking ship?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Why would Blizzard want or need to drop their subscription model?
    Why would they make Diablo for the mobile market?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

Why would they make Diablo for the mobile market?
    Because everyone knows the sound 9 smells like blue

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrofilth View Post
    Do you guys think blizzard did it on purpose to have an active retail subscription to play vanilla wow so people can't see who plays retail and who plays vanilla. It counts the same for both games.

Let me hear you!
    I don't think so. Blizzard does not disclose subscription numbers, so we don't know that either way. And for internal management they can plot a graph with distribution between retail and classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You paid subscription back then and you pay it now, what happened to "#nochanges"? Or are people just pickin that when it fits them.
    This is very much the case. When authentic realm sizes or subscription fees are talked about #nochanges goes out the window.

It's very hypocritical but since they don't actually care about #nochanges then why should anyone else? Bring on the class balancing and encounter tuning if nobody actually cares about authentic vanilla.

yep so when you pay to play classic you are actually further helping retail, thank you for your service

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    yep so when you pay to play classic you are actually further helping retail, thank you for your service
    And it needs all the help it can get.

Should be same subscription for Live and classic.
    They announced its a classic server option, not an extra account requirement. I'd guess..