Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    So someone who doesn't give two shits what another random on the internet says "must be jealous"? I guess I'm jealous too cause I dont care what this guy says about wow, I will play it as long as I enjoy it, dont require some third party to tell me if I enjoy something or not. I definitely dont care enough to know his living arrangements. You sound like a stalker.
    Has nothing to do with not caring about what he says. Has to do with the personal attacks for no reason. If he doesn't care why does he feel the need to attack the guy?

Lmao, a stalker for knowing some basic information that he's talked about numerous times. You have no idea what that word means.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post

If you have no desire to have core aspects of mmo game than you clearly dont like mmorpg games. If you see leveling, grind as waste of time than problem is in you no old mmo games. I would rather grind months to have earn meaningfull rewards. Than doing this log in log out to get medicore instant gratification rewards what would only make me quit game.
    No, I don't mind decent grinds. What I don't like is grinds that are solely there just to draw out time. Old school MMOs and some early WoW stuffs was just ridiculous. It would be different if it were F2P, but having to pay to play drawn out grinds that last many subscription cycles is archaic in today's environment. Again, not saying WoWs way of handling it is flawless, but I'd rather be able to make adequate progress without having to feel required to play constantly like older games and some early WoW grinds were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I am a non-raiding player, I do LFD, LFR, maybe an M+
    I want to do world content, maybe professions, and sometimes do some side stuff like transmog and pet battles.
    So there's "things to do"...

However...

Dungeons are designed to be 15 minute zergfests that doesn't require neither coordination or communcation. They are all the same difficulty per default, too easy, overgeared instantly.
    M+ I hear you say? Premade hell that is all about overgearing the m+# in question. You're fighting timers, not bosses or their mechanics. There's no time to stop and discuss. GOGOGO.

LFR is meant to be easy? Yep, that is true. However, does LFR need to be so easy that you pretty much always know the boss will go down? To be fair it's slightly better than in Legion, fair bit of bosses do require mechanics, but what LFR should be is like ToT was. Learn the mechanics and do them properly or you will die 3-4+ times. As it should be. The lowest difficulty mode doesn't actually have to insult your intelligence.

World content? Impossible to fail. Remember all classes must be able to solo everything.

Professions? By the time you've gathered those BoP crafting mats you've already got a better item in that slot anyway. Absolutely godawful what they've done to professions. But they're just like leveling, left irrelevant so long people expect them to be irrelevant.

Transmogs, go through old raids oneshotting them all, thanks scaling. It sure is fun to take away that element of seeing your character becoming so powerful you can solo what used to take 25 people, now you hit the boss for 10 million damage so there's no risk you can't get your transmog gear!

There's absolutely no sense of striving towards things left in the game. I don't have any particular reason to become more powerful because I am already overpowered compared to all non-raid content in ilvl 320. When all content is piss-easy by default, becoming stronger means nothing.
    It's fascinating how hard this seem to be for people to understand. You need to see previously challenging (or maybe even impossible) content go from hard as ---- to easy, that feels like progression. Going from Very Easy to Impossible To Fail is not satisfying at all.

What made me once spend a lot of time even for marginal upgrades was because I needed those upgrades to succeed. There was always content my character simply wasn't powerful enough to stand a chance in. That kept me going. None of that is left in the game. Now you get a new character to max level, and in 2-3 days he's ready for the latest raid.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-12-02 at 08:08 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I am a non-raiding player, I do LFD, LFR, maybe an M+
    I want to do world content, maybe professions, and sometimes do some side stuff like transmog and pet battles.
    So there's "things to do"...

i've lost 15 iq while reading this

I've never subscribed to the opinion that we should always have something to do in WOW... quite the opposite actually. I enjoy playing multiple games. WOW is my ongoing MMO, I have a few other online games (such as Destiny 2) that need some attention from week to week, and the rest, like a good book, I can pickup or put down as I see fit.

Yes, WOW has gotten incredibly boring. Rep Grinds have grown stale and have never really been "fun". WQ's are the same as they were in Legion with a different Landscape and Islands can barely be considered "content". Mythic + is Toxic and horribly unbalanced (5 player content... 36 specs... not gonna happen) and the current raid is done.

That being said, I still enjoy raiding. I literally, only log to raid at the moment and have done for several week now. With Uldir being on farm, that means one night a week. Yes, I'd like more to do so looking forward to 8.1, but I strongly dislike needing to play WOW a set amount per day/week due to time gated grinds... so this is my overall beef with WOW. It's either too much or not enough. We constantly go from a glut of "content" (grinds) to a drought... during the grind, I get sick of WOW and during the droughts, I wonder if it's worth $15 a month to clear the raid once a week.

It's always been Blizzards problem in (modern) WOW. They never seem to be able to balance the content level. It's either (IMO) too much or not enough.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2018-12-02 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    i've lost 15 iq while reading this
    I suppose I should be impressed that you still managed to hit the Submit Reply button afterwards.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I haven't had an interest in playing for a few weeks now. Probably synonymous with being bored. Historically I've enjoyed leveling alts at this point and would typically end an expansion with 8-10 max level toons. Since WoD and being stuck on the ground for half the expansion it has sucked the fun of leveling alts. I completely understand the reason for keeping us grounded until we've done all the things and seen all the places, however once I've earned my Pathfinders, I just get more and more bored running around the same mountain and lake day after day. So yeah, if they'd unlock flying on Pathfinders, I'd still be playing. I may try resubbing again once Pathfinders part 2 is out.

Otherwise, I've seen a few folks talk about what can be added to the game that would add interest like treasure hunts (that include interesting rewards) and more importantly Player Housing (I'm thinking Final Fantasy model) would go a long way to give some players something they want to do and encourage them to keep playing. Should be completely customizable, incorporate all aspects of gameplay as means of filling your house, and most importantly, they have to make it so you can show off your house's awesomeness (epeen meter) to the rest of the community.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    its called hes a balding 30 year old man, dude needs to shave his head get some sun and go on a date and get hobbies IRL and play the game the way its meant to played now 2-3 hours at a time. hes made enough streaming this game that he can do w/e he wants

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltar View Post
    its called hes a balding 30 year old man, dude needs to shave his head get some sun and go on a date and get hobbies IRL and play the game the way its meant to played now 2-3 hours at a time. hes made enough streaming this game that he can do w/e he wants
    Why should he stop doing something what he enyojs doing? Coz some random discovered true way of living life? I dont think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Him choosing to make a living/career/job of streaming WoW every day is certainly his choice, wont fault him for that

When you play the game that much for ____ amount of years, it is natural to get burned out on the game. you've seen the same thing over and over and over.

I dont think people should misconstrue him saying "there is nothing left to do" with "there is nothing to do" because that is 2 different points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I suppose I should be impressed that you still managed to hit the Submit Reply button afterwards.
    Muscle memory?

Well right now he is playing Dark Souls and has about 37k viewers. I think he will be allright with not playing wow all the time.

When even people like him who obviously loves wow alot cant bother to play alot anymore, it says something.

wow is 1-3 hours a day game now. More than that is probably just worthless. Sub a few months, play a few hours a day for a bit. Then unsub. wait 6-10 months for next patch/xpac.

i mean, didnt he just completed wow? 100% on AlltheThings? what is there to do? he is done.

BFA saddens me and while I don't always agree with him, I agree here.

BFA has excellent zones with good storylines. They are pretty and good in theme. The new models are good. Like, there is clearly effort put in there.
    I am iffy on the 'long term storytelling' blizzard is going for because it well... sucks at the moment and makes characters unlikable. They clearly put to much into this long setup which makes it very unfun to root for anything.
    I've done some of the dungeons and liked them, but have no clue on mythic. I'm 24/7 in pain, cannot keep up the concentration so would have to be carried. Not going to do that so no opinion there. Same for raids.
    Isles need some clear redesigns with less trash and more challenges.
    Warfronts need difficulty modes or pvp mode, as many others have said.
    Azurite gear needs to be completely redesigned, as a progression method it fails to be entertaining.

Plenty of streamers and YT video makers who have given in my opinion very valid solutions, but I fear Blizzard is not allowed to listen to them.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Deleted
    I agree with his friend in the clip who literally just goes "play another game!". Dude we've all had WoW burn out at some point, hell I got it right now, I resub usually just to check out the new content of a patch and then unsub (I've noticed that they're spreading 8.1 over several months to stop exactly that...cheeky bastards). I unsubbed for all but the first month of Cata the entirety of MoP and only came back at the very end of WoD because City of Heroes/Villains got shut down. That's nearly a 4 year break from WoW.

I've noticed numerous streamers and WoW youtubers moving away from WoW, those that aren't relentlessly positive like Talesin and Evital (who, while they aren't Blizzard shills as most people label them, make me roll my eyes when they say that "Time Gating all the patch content is a good thing") or who bring to light the lore side of things like Bellular (who even HE has voiced concerns about BfA) and Nobbel. Hell HeelvsBabyface has moved on from complaining about WoW because he's realized that, finally, he can without tanking his viewing metrics (when he first quit WoW his view count and subscribers absolutely tanked, forcing him back into it with BfA) by also doing gaming news in his usual style.

Basically BfA was not ready, it needed a late November launch and for the devs to actually listen to the Beta feedback (how many times were they told that the classes felt bad with the GCD changes? How many times were they told that Azerite gear felt awful? Plenty) to release BfA in the state it will be in when 8.1 fully releases.

This also comes from the problem that Blizzard aren't allowed to do too many drastic changes to a system even if they KNOW its bad. The whole RNG Legendaries in Legion? Yeah they knew it was a shit show and they admitted that once the next expansion was announced but didn't do anything about it until the very end of the expansions life cycle because they aren't allowed to call a system a failure while the expansion is ongoing and do too much to correct it.

From what I've heard, Activision is now much more controlling of Blizzard, telling them to make budget cuts, not spend too much money. Hence why I reckon the Zandalari and Kultirans are being delayed so much. I suspect they were meant to be released with 8.1 as a whole (meaning all of 8.1 came out at the same time apart from the raid) with many more Allied Races being introduced in other content patches but I suspect the 'many more' they said would be introduced will probably be limited to maybe 1 more set in 8.3 and all the rest being held back for pre-orders for whatever the next expansion is.

I also suspect that people, thanks to learning that the .3 patches always include massive catch up mechanics, have decided its not worth buying and playing the expansion until that patch comes out and then binging all the content (without the time gating) in the space of 2-3 months.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's funny to see so many white knights attacking Asmongold for what he is (or rather they construe him to be) instead of what he says (and not what they think he's saying). A huge pile of strawmen and ad hominems, which only serve to reinforce Asmongold's point. And I'm saying it even if I don't like the guy at all, or at least his online persona.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    Dude we've all had WoW burn out at some point, hell I got it right now,
    I've quit the game twice snce launch, the first time was because I was like 16 and got burned out climbing the guild ladder and dealing with people being increasingly toxic as I got into better and better guilds (part of which was me being 16 and annoying AF so I probably earned a ton of that toxicity).

The second time is now, and I didn't burn out because of lack of desire to play the game right now... its entirely because of how the game is designed. Its not burnout due to time played, its burnout because of the state of the game.

If they dramatically overhauled things tomorrow I'd be back enjoying myself, and I imagine people like asmon would be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    WoD still sucks in the mind of almost everyone. Cata also, but I think the hard heroics keep it slightly above WoD (slightly).
    Point is, different people dislike different expansions for different reasons. But WoD showed that an expansion can be hated by everyone by the time it should be praised as a good one.
    Yeah I didn't hate WoD at the time and still thought it was enjoyable now.

Every time someone shits on it in a thread and I mention how I didn't hate it I always find others saying the same. Its really not as universally hated as people make it out to be. They just screwed up the open world reward structure, rest of the xpac was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Funny, I seem to be enjoying it. I wonder what I must be doing wrong?
    Absolutely nothing, I can hate what they've done with the game and still appreciate that there are others who are going to still enjoy it.

Its just unfortunate that its leaving people not unlike myself behind.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Asmongold trying to generate more views?

Lol... no way!

Seriously, his entire streamer image is based around a facade of being 'too good for the game.' He should be true to his roots and one shot the next raid on mythic..

Why the fuck can't we have streamers that play the game for fun? Lol, time for ol' Asmon to get a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Why the fuck can't we have streamers that play the game for fun?
    "Eat shit, millions of flies can't be wrong."

If your viewer can only releate to transmog stuff and complaining about trivia MMO problems, you get more viewers but the content has to be very dull and the lack of "fun" is by CHOICE and not by the game design it self. There are streamers doing non-stop high end pvp / high end pve with focused game play and less chat interactions, those are less popular.

Nothing wrong with either streaming directions, just the assumption of popular streamers speaking FOR THE GAMING COMMUNITY is ridiculous - its the polar opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    Him choosing to make a living/career/job of streaming WoW every day is certainly his choice, wont fault him for that

When you play the game that much for ____ amount of years, it is natural to get burned out on the game. you've seen the same thing over and over and over.

I dont think people should misconstrue him saying "there is nothing left to do" with "there is nothing to do" because that is 2 different points.
    He was talking about BFA and please stop reverting to the "you're just bored of the game!" argument because if he enjoyed WoD then he definitely is quitting because of quality then.