Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHopper View Post
    Blizzard is probably working tirelessly to recapture what they had going back in the day.

My issue with this is that the game designers are regressing rather than moving forward.

Once i wrote an artist for a skateboard company, Pendleton who was the designer for alien workshop skateboards, and in my email i expressed how i would love it if they re-released the old designs of their boards.

He went on to elaborate that you shouldn't dwell on the past, and as an artist you need to keep advancing and moving forward. Reselling what he had already made is cheap and lazy.

Pendleton left the company a few years after that email. Not long after that the old graphics reappeared for sale. I got my wish but at the cost of creativity and the concept of being ever evolving.

The point is, i feel like they should be putting more thought into the current game rather than trying to capture a market from the past.
    Pendleton sounds like a tunnel-visioned designer trying to promote his 'graphics' through other people's money and throws a hissy-fit when he doesn't get his wish.

Also, Classic is a different team, as has been pointed out many, many times before.

Also also, there is a Classic forum where you can post this nonsense.

Also also also, kind of arrogant to just post 'your problem with re-releasing Classic'. Like really? Not only can you not let other people have their fun, but you also have to spout your nonsense and 'problems' at other people?

Let Classic be Classic, get over yourself and do something else if Classic is too hard for you.

Deleted
    Many people talk like Classic is the next expansion when its just another game like diablo/OW/SC. No resources are being "stolen" from retail and with the amount of people that want classic and forward, theres no reason not to make Classic.

The WoW is regressing argument doesnt make sense.

Dont like it, dont play it thats all that needs to be said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Oh it would be wonderful if the response to Classic would remind Blizzard that hey, removing almost all those grindy/archaic MMORPG elements maybe isn't such a great idea even if those elements can be referred to as boring. Maybe remind them that even if the "point" of the game is to defeat bosses and receive loot, it's not necessarily the best to make sure all non-premade content is impossible to fail at.

Maybe the next expansion will be the best of both worlds. Extremely unlikely but one can hope.
    They will learn one way or the other.
    Hopefully fast enough.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as whether or not Blizzard should be doing this is sort of beside the point. They are. That's done.

This has been endlessly discussed in the forum for WoW Classic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."