Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Easier to farm herbs means higher supply means low price means cheap flasks means flasks are not what they were in vanilla.

The whole idea in vanilla was they were hard to see. If you didn't know what to look for they were invisible to you, which makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

Also, sparkling objects create this 'gamey' feeling, which plagued i.a. Wildstar. It effectively kills all immersion and reminds you it's not a fantasy world you're living in but only a game.

It's the sum of all such minor, insignificant quality of life-changes that diluted wow over time. It may seem minor, but then the narrative would go "well, we already made herbs sparkle, let's make quest objects sparkle too", and then we got the ball rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Easier to farm herbs means higher supply means low price means cheap flasks means flasks are not what they were in vanilla.
    Every herb had the same spawn nodes so they weren’t exactly hard to find. Especially with addons marking locations after being picked.

7+ Year Old Account
    No changes, let them get what they asked for.

Herbs don't sparkle. This QoL is not necessary.

You have all the changes you need in current wow, how about you play that instead?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

No, you will comb the swamp for blindweed for hours to only find one or two plants and like it! >:O

15+ Year Old Account
    No changes.

We wanted Vanilla - lets get vanilla. I for one played during vanilla and am looking forward to it!

Also, why would you need this with find herbs? It's a glowing yellow dot on your minimap - what's hard about that? Move to the dot, it will be under your feet. Simple?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    It's too hard to realize we're not a hive-mind ¯\_(❛_❛)_/¯
    No but when these threads come up and they do time and time and time again all it does is put more evidence towards the answer "You think you do but you don't." being true for more and more people.

If you want classic then it should be as close to classic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Gotta love all the people saying no changes despite the fact the demo itself has minor changes like Colorblind mode, small animation changes and lighting ones.
    Those changes don't actually change the game for anyone. Except lets colorblind people actually play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Herbs don't sparkle. This QoL is not necessary.
    Yeah, I agree! Also think that Herbs hidden in a terrain makes them more authentic.

I mean c'mon, when you are looking for a specific flower on a field that it takes you a while, why shouldn't it be like this in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Since a lot of them are just obnoxiously hard to see.

Examples:

Lots of herbs are like this, either they're really really small, or they blend in with the ground around them, or both.

Adding the TBC sparkles to them so that you don't have to blindly hover the cursor around to find them, would be wonderful.
    Oooh, yes! And flying, transmogs, LFD and maybe even mythic+!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm indifferent about this change. I've never had an issue translating minimap markers to actual locations.

Also I'm only slightly bother that you called it 'the TBC sparkles.' Sounds a little redundant, no?

>suggest super minor QoL change that would affect almost nothing gameplay-wise
    >"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO CHANGES NO CHANGES NO CHANGES REEEEEEEEEEEE"

I'm not sure what I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Not needed, The tracking ability and your eyes are sufficient
    I literally pointed out examples where the herb is almost invisible against the ground, and you're still just saying "lul use ur eyes xdd"

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    It effectively kills all immersion
    Oh, but carrying 5 swords, 40 rotisserie chickens, a whole separate wardrobe of clothing and a horse all together in one backpack doesn't break immersion at all?

The thousands of real-life pop culture references don't break immersion at all?

It's hard to take you seriously when you're unironically using "muh immersion" as an argument, in WoW of all games.

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    It's the sum of all such minor, insignificant quality of life-changes that diluted wow over time. It may seem minor, but then the narrative would go "well, we already made herbs sparkle, let's make quest objects sparkle too", and then we got the ball rolling.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Every herb had the same spawn nodes so they weren’t exactly hard to find. Especially with addons marking locations after being picked.
    The point is that even WITH herb tracking and dots showing up on the minimap, some herbs were extremely hard to see on the ground, as I pointed out in those two examples in the OP.

Having to blindly run your cursor over the ground and watch for when it changes to a cogwheel, is this the intended design of a gathering profession? This isn't challenging or fun or engaging, it's just pointlessly frustrating, hence why Blizzard added sparkles to herb nodes in TBC.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-12-03 at 05:47 AM.

If you turn outline mode to off in video settings, herbs mines and quest objectives sparkle like the old way. This is on modern client, pretty sure classic has the same option.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I know people will scream "NO CHANGES!!" but I'm fine with this one. Though if you are tracking herbs, they will show up on your mini map, so they can't be THAT hard to find.
    most herbs are ok, but there is some troublesome ones, for example, try herbing sungrass in feralas :X its damn near impossible to see it you just gotta wiggle your mouse back and forth till the icon changes lol.

Deleted
    Fuck me some of the vanilla fanboi's are sad. People talk g about challenge to pick herbs and getting pants all knotted over some sparkles.

People need to learn the difference between challenging and tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    If you turn outline mode to off in video settings, herbs mines and quest objectives sparkle like the old way. This is on modern client, pretty sure classic has the same option.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that herb sparkles will be there in Classic simply because they're there in the 7.3.5 client, but Blizz might remove it because it wasn't in 1.12, but they might also keep it since it's a graphical option....who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    No changes.
    Read as:
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.