Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You just have really low standards.

It's okay to enjoy something that is objectively bad.

Just like it's okay to keep sending negativity towards Blizzard so they can make this game good again.
    I don't think you actually know what the term "objectively" bad is. I'll use it in proper context.

People that hang around forums about something they hate for months on end are objectively pathetic and should grow up.

Anybody telling there is nothing wrong with wow I believe is the one lucky enough to be in a big guild.
    I play on Frostmourne-OCE and horde side. After we cleared heroic uldir, it was impossible for us to find 9 more people to fill a mythic roster. Spammed trade for weeks but to no avail. Rio leader boards filling on the same day after reset with plus 10s now are empty or at a laughable plus 2 difficulty. People are leaving the game in flocks. I am the only one in my small guild left playing the game regularly every night for 2-3 hours. I just can't up and leave the guild. Even if it is inactive mostly, we still had good times together and I just cannot sell them. Our raids are put on hold until 8.1 hits.

Guys I love this game. I owe this game my life my career. I just want it prosper, be better. Been playing the game since vanilla, never felt this desperate in all my wow career. never. There is something wrong, why are you denying?

My lord the irony in this post is hilarious. 17k posts. Most of them defending a corporation.

I won't result to thinly veiled insults though because I don't get a free pass like some posters.
    No the problem is the use of the term "objectively bad" to describe a subjective experience. I'm unsubbed and wasn't having fun, but fun is purely subjective. It's in Blizzard's best interest to maximize the subjective appeal of their game, and they appear to be failing, but suggesting that there is something wrong with the people who are enjoying it is hilariously arrogant.

If I had been playing the same game for as long as Asmongold, I'd be burnt out too.

More to life than video games. Breaks are healthy and good. And sometimes you just need to move on to other adventures.

Fair Winds & Happy Trails!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

people still defending bfa are probably just mad they fell for the 6 month pirate ship scam. every time i open bnet in the last month nobody is playing. BFA is sinking faster than wod.

BfA is a low quality product. You only need to do a direct 1 for 1 comparison with Legion to see this. It is incredibly disingenuous to constantly throw around the word subjective.
    Agreed 100%.

You lose maybe 4-5 things and gain 1 thing in return going into BFA from legion.

It's a horrible feeling, we devolve and gain virtually nothing.

I didn't suggest there was anything wrong with the people who are enjoying it. I said he had low standards. Low enough to enjoy something that is bad.

BfA is a low quality product. You only need to do a direct 1 for 1 comparison with Legion to see this. It is incredibly disingenuous to constantly throw around the word subjective.

If everything is subjective then nothing is bad.
    It's not disingenuous and you don't have a clue what those player's standards are because you don't know why they enjoy the game.

Objectively bad looks considerably more horrible than this, does not attract hundreds of thousands of players. Attracting as many players as WoW had was the anomaly, not the rule, that it has declined in fun for some of us does nothing to detract from the craftsmanship which went into the expansion. The art, the acting, the world/level design, the technical improvements, the writing, all at or near the top of the heap for what's available on the market. Unfortunately some few but critical failings have devalued the experience for many of us. If you think this game fits the "objectively bad" descriptor you must not have bought many games over the years, it gets so much worse than this.

For me and it appears you and many others, it's a weak expansion; there have been several and I hope there is a next one and it's better because this game has been a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It's not disingenuous and you don't have a clue what those player's standards are because you don't know why they enjoy the game.

Objectively bad looks considerably more horrible than this, does not attract hundreds of thousands of players. Attracting as many players as WoW had was the anomaly, not the rule, that it has declined in fun for some of us does nothing to detract from the craftsmanship which went into the expansion. The art, the acting, the world/level design, the technical improvements, the writing, all at or near the top of the heap for what's available on the market. Unfortunately some few but critical failings have devalued the experience for many of us. If you think this game fits the "objectively bad" descriptor you must not have bought many games over the years, it gets so much worse than this.

For me and it appears you and many others, it's a weak expansion; there have been several and I hope there is a next one and it's better because this game has been a lot of fun.
    Did you really just list writing as one of the things wow does well? And without a hint of sarcasm? Oh, damn. Sorry, but most people could shit out better stories after eating alphabet soup. Or at least more original ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Did you really just list writing as one of the things wow does well? And without a hint of sarcasm? Oh, damn. Sorry, but most people could shit out better stories after eating alphabet soup. Or at least more original ones.
    Link to the masterful epics you've shit out after eating some abcde?

The writing in the game has a few objectives: broad appeal (check, millions of players), emotional engagement (check, see any number of rage/debate threads about lore), distinctiveness (check, it's recognizably distinct from the rest of the market). Originality is a weird and hard to define concept, as virtually all art is iterated versions of other works. Pure originality is incredibly rare and usually commercially fails, which is not a winning formula for your mass market game. Their writing staff tell competent stories which consistently engage their player base, and have even into BFAilure.

Armchair critics who haven't practiced the craft but know what all the right moves are, are a dime a dozen. Competent professionals who consistently engage their audience are harder to find. Maybe you're the latter, I'm interested to read your work if so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't suggest there was anything wrong with the people who are enjoying it. I said he had low standards. Low enough to enjoy something that is bad.

If everything is subjective then nothing is bad.
    You pretty much are suggesting just that in the following two sentences in fact.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My lord the irony in this post is hilarious. 17k posts. Most of them defending a corporation.

I won't result to thinly veiled insults though because I don't get a free pass like some posters.
    Most of my posts are in Off-topic. So you are incorrect there, as you are with most things. There is also no irony in said post so it seems you don't know what the term irony means as well as the term objectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    people still defending bfa are probably just mad they fell for the 6 month pirate ship scam. every time i open bnet in the last month nobody is playing. BFA is sinking faster than wod.
    What exactly was the scam? Buy 6 months of Sub and get a Ship mount is a pretty straight forward transaction.

Ashmongold is really bad at games lol.On 02.12.2018 he tried something other than WoW and he failed miserably at it.He thought he is some great gamer but Dark Souls definitely smashed his ego into smitherins!It was hilarious.Now i'm waiting him to try PoE.Lets hope it is not so hard for him!
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

I wouldn't disagree, for whatever reason BfA is just meh.

For me personally the whole hear progression has just broken down. I don't care about raiding anymore as the gear just resets every few months. With them taking out set bonuses I don't really have that to strive for either.

Mythic+ got old in Legion and with no reason to raid I just need enough gear to make dailies and old content easier.

What's left to do is consumed quickly and easily so it gets stale quickly. I spend most of my time doing old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm enjoying the game to the boots and an internet nobody is no concern of me.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    If I had been playing the same game for as long as Asmongold, I'd be burnt out too.

More to life than video games. Breaks are healthy and good. And sometimes you just need to move on to other adventures.

Fair Winds & Happy Trails!
    Been playing since day one. Not burned out. I actually used to loathe raid nights in vanilla and TBC. 4-8 hour nights of banging heads on desks. Lately I play very limited hours with good friends and family a d only do so for fun. I don't worry about progression, parses, topping meters and what not. Much better experience since.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    But I wanted to buy it? I'm happy with my purchase for a product I enjoy.

I know I'm going to be playing it those 6 months alongside FF14.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I'm excited for him to have his vanilla server in which there is even less to do.
    You are probably the type of player that think world quests are "content". Did you even play Classic?

Bfa is the best expansion so far, it is just taking a bit long for 8.1 to come out and we have accomplished everything to do in 8.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elguappo View Post
    You are probably the type of player that think world quests are "content". Did you even play Classic?
    Oh ya vanilla was all about raiding other towns for no reason at all for no gain whatsoever sounds fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i'm enjoying the game to the boots and an internet nobody is no concern of me.
    He isnt nobady. You are nobady. You can disagree with him but saying he is nobady is nothing but lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    He isnt nobady. You are nobady. You can disagree with him but saying he is nobady is nothing but lie.
    everyone on the internet, including you and me, are nobodies. you are just a few pixels commenting on what i typed and nothing more. same goes for me too. asmongold is just an overgrown adolescent and his opinions are less than jackshit for me. hope i was clear enough this time.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.