Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Ye sure I will take I will take in consideration something from " antibigot "

Beside the fact that there is nothing in Bellular statement that is ignorant regarding the subject, and this just show us that you are one of the kiddo that smells like crusted socks.

Also assuming you get the majority of a wow fansite doesn't know who are at least one of the most famous yt cr of wow is hardly to believe.
    If you'd focus for a second reading what people are saying you'd realise I wasn't talking about Bellular statement, I was refering to the person you quoted. That "old guy".

Bellular made some valid points and I don't know much about smelling children what you seem to be interested of . I haven't played wow in years, but I'm still interested of its deplovement and this forum is occasionally amusing.
    Last edited by mmocc2f27a682c; 2018-12-03 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    As a huge Blizzard fan boy even I can say I really liked Bellulars video, it doesn't apply to me specifically, but I am not too selfish to say this is all about me. I personally am happy with the game (even though I am aware of some issues of which there are a few) but I cannot fault his opinion.

Bellular is one of my favourite WoW content creators out there because he will compliment when the game needs complimenting and he will criticise when the game is fucking up. Too many youtubers out there now are like a drama pump where they feel everything WoW does now is bad and we shouldn't like anything they do, the ones that use buzzwords or just come off like bitter people towards the compnay, those people make me sad.

I don't always agree with Bellular but he presents his arguments really well he is constructive and doesn't go on camera being angry or bitter at Blizzard he makes his case and he discusses. And that's the sort of criticism Blizzard will listen to. And I respect that,

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    But Xmog is more a psychological issue, because if everybody can look alike to everybody there is no way to recognize "prestige"

But there still can be a "progress" feeling even if everybody have the same weapon or armor, as an example in Legion everybody have the Ashbringer at the start but at some point into Legion somebody would unlock

The +15 skin or the PvP skin, and that was basically the " progress " that you could achiv and show to you and everybody else your progress.
    I agree that the artifact worked like a psuido solution but it still didn't fix the problem with current armor and such. Imo they need to lock Tmog to the expansion so that everyone goes back to looking a bit clownish at first and there is an increased incentive to collect the raid and pvp armor etc.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Sure, why not?
    I'll add that to my resume then. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    I agree that the artifact worked like a psuido solution but it still didn't fix the problem with current armor and such. Imo they need to lock Tmog to the expansion so that everyone goes back to looking a bit clownish at first and there is an increased incentive to collect the raid and pvp armor etc.
    That would probably have a huge backlash because even if there is a content draught in any moment, some people will still play wow to hunt xmog or pet or mount, and if you forbid them do use xmog because it is locked you would risk to lose players.

It is ok to looks like the same, I mean the Vanilla feeling of looking at somebody with a rare weapon can be still achive in the current exp ( not BfA ) if you add a content suited to a RPG game, not just complete 1 quest in 10 minutes and GG.

Let's assume that the King Rest 2h Sword wasn't a drop from KR Boss but rather you had a chance to drop a quest item (boe) that started a long chain quest a la Quel'serrar from WOTLK not Vanilla.

You could award people doin the quest with a nice unique looking item and if there wasn't TF or WF it could be even a BiS.

That would be a RPG quest that gives you the feeling of progression / accomplishment.

BfA uses mobile game reward mentality and that is why it has lost many players, also the lack of meaningful content at launch more than anything else hurt the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    BfA uses mobile game reward mentality and that is why it has lost many players, also the lack of meaningful content at launch more than anything else hurt the game.
    Legion, Wod and MoP did the exact same thing though. Two of which are relatively ''revered''. Retail just throws epics in your face every 10 minute and you reach a point where no gear, mount or reward of any kind feel good, you simply stop caring alltogether.
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The mobile game mentality is exactly what stops me from returning to wow. I know there's also quality content there somewhere, but the activision s*** is just getting too dense. Most likely things will just get worse from now on. I guess alteast the shareholders will be happy

Legion, Wod and MoP did the exact same thing though. Two of which are relatively ''revered''. Retail just throws epics in your face every 10 minute and you reach a point where no gear, mount or reward of any kind feel good, you simply stop caring alltogether.
    Going from artifact weapons to the extremely poor design of azerite gear that 1st year game devs in college would know is a bad idea was/is one of the biggest glaring issues. They could have done something to spice up the game like a new spec for each class since they could easily make one with all the abilities they have pruned over the past 2 expansions. A lot was done wrong for the sake of getting the expansion out quickly.

Deleted
    The mobile game mentality was in its infancy @ mop. All the other quality content and the fact it wasn't nowhere close as disturbing what it is now didn't disturb the overall game experience.
    Last edited by mmocc2f27a682c; 2018-12-03 at 03:03 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawnapple View Post
    Bellular is quite often full of shit and shilling WoW.... It's irritating. Blizzard has him on speed-dial, i'm sure.
    Translation: Anyone who disagrees with my incessant, continuous, mostly irrational baby raging is a paid shill for Blizzard.

It's getting very tiresome reading this drivel on a daily basis no matter what website you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawnapple View Post
    Bellular is quite often full of shit and shilling WoW.... It's irritating. Blizzard has him on speed-dial, i'm sure.

TLR: WoW is ded and we have killed it
    "shilling Wow"? He is literally criticising the game in the video, as he does rather often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    Translation: Anyone who disagrees with my incessant, continuous, mostly irrational baby raging is a paid shill for Blizzard.

It's getting very tiresome reading this drivel on a daily basis no matter what website you use.
    Unfortunately internet merely reveals the weakness of everyday thinking which most people relies upon when they try to comprehend large concepts. Try to think it as an amusement instead of constant reminder of humanity's irrationality.
    Last edited by mmocc2f27a682c; 2018-12-03 at 03:15 PM.

The rewards are lackluster, but the bigger problem, the real problem (and I am not the 1st or only person to say this) - Class Design. Class design is a train wreck right now. They "should've" resigned the classes the minute they took way the artifact and legendaries (the ABSOLUTE core of Legion class design). Azerite armor didn't fill in the gap and the 8.1 fix doesn't fill in the gap. But don't worry... they brought Brian Holinka back to fix class design.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2018-12-03 at 03:33 PM.

Collecting the 10,000th item does lose its luster.

What would motivate me better than BFA is Garrison / Order Hall style content where I have something to build out or work towards. With followers and their equipment, etc. Throw progression of side systems, where the fulfillment of those systems across several characters results in a sort of gold farm. Then you have my interest. Otherwise, my character is already geared, AP is a very poor reward, war resources too. And not enough gold drops to matter much.

Love for a 14 year old game is the only reason to login, I've got nothing (I care about) to progress on my main.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    WoWs repeatable content isn't fun anymore because the vessel you use to play through it - your class; has been neutered beyond belief.

BfAs failures begin and end with Class Design and the complete and utter lack of character progression past level 100.
    Well i can't speak for other classes or spec but for atleast elemental shamans we have the same spells or more less and gameplay hasn't suffered if anything it's getting better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Asmongold,bellular....guys with zero knowledge for the game,with standpoints of 12yr olds.
    Like it or not Asmongold probably knows the game better that 99% of the devs at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    WoWs repeatable content isn't fun anymore because the vessel you use to play through it - your class; has been neutered beyond belief.

BfAs failures begin and end with Class Design and the complete and utter lack of character progression past level 100.
    Exactly 100%. I unsubbed because two classes I got to 120 with were boring and not fun to play....not wasting time to hope I get it right on the next choice. While my Frost DK could pump out damage it was terribly boring to play. Nothing like sitting there sometimes only pushing a button 2-3 times in a ten second window. While enhance doesn't have that issue nothing felt impactful that wasn't stormstrike and the class just doesnt feel enjoyable without doom winds. Was waiting for the enhance rework and to see it was just something that could've been hotfixed in and didnt need to wait til 8.1 I decided it was best to just unsub. Not taking any chances with any other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Talking about the most recent video of Bellulargaming titled "The WoW PROBLEM That Blizzard Doesn’t Understand: Why WoW Rewards Feel BORING!"
    Basically he claims "rewards" are the problem with WoW. They feel boring.

Stuff be said, like this:
    "they need to start innovating in the visual and cosmetic direction if they want people to feel their characters progress"

And ths kind of mentality is what is wrong with World of Warcraft (IMO)
    WoW players are addicted to rewards and Blizzard trained people to be addicted to them.
    Useless to say this is a short term thing and, to my knowledge, is not "rewards" that make people play the game on the long run.

Why this is a flawed design? (a design focused on rewards)
    -What happens when Blizzard creates the "ultimate cosmetic of mass destruction everyone wants"? What happens to the rewards after that?
    Its impossible to keep making a reward better than the previous one. And if they made the "ultimate" one, everything after that would feel boring...
    -Whats the point in having mount number #324 or transmog #222 i ask you.
    What are you supposed to do when you get the transmog you want? Stop?

------

My opinion:
    Gameplay & Community > Everything else

Like @Slowpoke is a Gamer told me, what WoW needs is "fun repeatable content"
    And i would add on top of that, create a design structure of gameplay that promotes the community helping eachother out.
    Basically we need gameplay that will unite us.
    This is mostly a product of playing in a "harsh environment" where people need the help of others. Be it information or actual help.

IMO what keeps people playing on the long term is Fame, Power, love for the gameplay and above all else, the relationships made ingame.

------

Do you agree with Bellular? This guy is a game designer...but to me he is failing when he says the problem is with the "rewards"
    Sure, game play is important but thats one of BfA's main problems. Class design is bad.
    But also, rewards are important and the game is not rewarding or doesn't feel like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Considerin we had mythic raiders, the supposedly epitome of best player, yell during the big bot-banwave that they cant raid anymore without a rotation bot just shows that your achivements mean nothing about knowledge.
    when you say "we" i take it you mean people from your guild? and if thats the case, if anyone did receive a ban, it was warranted, No real Mythic Raider needs a bot to play for them!