Why can't blizzard mold titanforge and valor points together ?

This idea was brought up a few nights ago in my discord and realize how simple this is but revitalizes the reason to play the game.

Valor back in the day could be used in the sense that you farmed it through dungeons, raid, pvp, maybe some unique weekly quests or special added quests.
    You could purposely make it so it would give enough valor to upgrade 2 pieces per week 3/3 . however much makes sense for the community.

General Numbers
    1500 per week. 200 valor per upgrade. making 1 BG win 50-100 points. M+ Dungeon rewarding based off the + 10-150 +1-+15. Raid Boss based on difficulty also LFR +10 Normal +20 Heroic +30 Mythic +40

We could treat the titanforge system like a /3 system. you can get lucky and get the Wfg / tfg proc of 1/3 2/3 3/3 on your piece turning a 370 into 375 380 385.
    This treats the titanforge system as rng lucky but also deterministic on using valor as a way to upgrade your items constantly on a scale of 8-12 weeks which is nearly an entire progression timeline of a tier creating soft nerfs to content and making you feel more powerful each week and knowing your excited to do any bit of content because of tf but also constant valor upgrades. This can also go back to the catch up mechanic they had where if you missed a week you could relevantly catch up and alt or not feel bad about a vacation.

This system in short determines your lucky short term and you get skip the random wrist piece and move along to upgrading something else but has a full circle deterministic system that everyone is working constantly to the same goal but can control their character in how they want to express upgrading their character. You could relevantly even leave the +20-+30 titanforges in this would at least lower that obnoxious LFR BIS proc blow.

Please kindly post a reply on my poll

https://www.strawpoll.me/16961788

\
    \
    \
    \
    Hi Asmongold.

Lots of people have been asking for this for literally years. Obviously they've made the conscious decision to exploit purely RNG systems instead.

That idea has the major flaw that it makes potential shiny upgrades unusable until upgraded, and god forbid you upgrade the wrong item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    That idea has the major flaw that it makes potential shiny upgrades unusable until upgraded, and god forbid you upgrade the wrong item.
    What, compared to now where they are unusable period?

The titanforging system is shit but blizzard want to keep it. The only real way to fix titanforging without removing it is to do some kind of upgrade system. Personally, i'd prefer everyone to just get a basic item which they can THEN upgrade (if we do not remove titanforging completely). This would allow the other shit system of loot (personal loot & trading) to be much less of an issue.

Otherwise a system like the OP suggests where you get a chance of 3/3 or can upgrade your 1/3 is a much better system than currently. As of now, you either get a titanforge, or you throw your item in the trash.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Or perhaps just remove Titanforging/Warforging all together?

Because that would give the player a choice and allow for customization on some level. Now you just hope for good RNG. I at least like the choice and decision of which piece to upgrade as valor points were finite in the beginning during progression.

Again I always come back to the RPG element being largely removed from the game. You don't get to 'build' your character anymore or adjust how it plays. Everything is spoon fed to you and you are told how to play by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Because Valor Points system, like any currency system, isn't gated behind RNG.
    That Item cost 500 points? You farm 500 points, end.

BUT doing like this will make people get asap bis gear and PROBABLY not staying subbed as long as farming a slot machine like now, Activision wants people to stay sub not to enjoy things.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because they want you to get the same item 20 times instead for a "chance" for it to be BIS (not counting Azerite pieces).

Back in the old days it worked to have 1 version of an item, cause there were only a few items for 40 man or 25 man with 1 raid lockout per week.

Ya having a point system that would give you the option to titan forge a drop is the best solution for their current design mindset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhowwl View Post
    This idea was brought up a few nights ago in my discord and realize how simple this is but revitalizes the reason to play the game.

Valor back in the day could be used in the sense that you farmed it through dungeons, raid, pvp, maybe some unique weekly quests or special added quests.
    You could purposely make it so it would give enough valor to upgrade 2 pieces per week 3/3 . however much makes sense for the community.

General Numbers
    1500 per week. 200 valor per upgrade. making 1 BG win 50-100 points. M+ Dungeon rewarding based off the + 10-150 +1-+15. Raid Boss based on difficulty also LFR +10 Normal +20 Heroic +30 Mythic +40

We could treat the titanforge system like a /3 system. you can get lucky and get the Wfg / tfg proc of 1/3 2/3 3/3 on your piece turning a 370 into 375 380 385.
    This treats the titanforge system as rng lucky but also deterministic on using valor as a way to upgrade your items constantly on a scale of 8-12 weeks which is nearly an entire progression timeline of a tier creating soft nerfs to content and making you feel more powerful each week and knowing your excited to do any bit of content because of tf but also constant valor upgrades. This can also go back to the catch up mechanic they had where if you missed a week you could relevantly catch up and alt or not feel bad about a vacation.

This system in short determines your lucky short term and you get skip the random wrist piece and move along to upgrading something else but has a full circle deterministic system that everyone is working constantly to the same goal but can control their character in how they want to express upgrading their character. You could relevantly even leave the +20-+30 titanforges in this would at least lower that obnoxious LFR BIS proc blow.

Please kindly post a reply on my poll

https://www.strawpoll.me/16961788

\
    \
    \
    \
    Hi Asmongold.
    Sorry I don't get it.

You drop any item with 0/3 and the rng is just if it is already 1/3 or 2/3 or 3/3? or you can drop the same item plain 0/0 and 0/3?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Lots of people have been asking for this for literally years. Obviously they've made the conscious decision to exploit purely RNG systems instead.
    Not only this but they also confirmed during last blizzcon that they do not want any deterministic way of gearing up .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Not only this but they also confirmed during last blizzcon that they do not want any deterministic way of gearing up .
    If this is true, it show us how fucked in the head they must be to think that it will be ok, and current situation ( even assuming numbers ) prove them wrong.

With any VP structure you will give player the possibility to get their character to " BiS ' state, and thus opening up the path to play other characters, levelling alts and trying out different classes/spec without getting sick of tedious RNG, and so making people more willing to play WoW and stays subs.

But no, better make people unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhowwl View Post
    Valor back in the day could be used in the sense that you farmed it through dungeons
    NO. The entire reason we do not have valor currently is because of how tedious it was to cap valor weekly. The biggest complaint was having to run Heroic dungeons to make your raid gear usable. Valor Nostalgia is a terrible idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    NO. The entire reason we do not have valor currently is because of how tedious it was to cap valor weekly. The biggest complaint was having to run Heroic dungeons to make your raid gear usable. Valor Nostalgia is a terrible idea.
    You can make Valor drops from : Dungeon, Heroi Dungeon, Myth Dungeon, M+, Raid, WQ, Giving Daily or Weekly quest do run a Dungeon M+ for tot Valor.

Fixed the "Tediousness"

They had this already in MoP (things just couldn't randomly titan forge when it dropped). However they removed it along with reforging to make gearing 'simpler' even though it was the best iteration of gearing the game has seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    the upgrade system was the worst because you felt just like shit when you upgraded an item and got a replacement in the same slot or waited for that glorious bis item that never dropped
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    You can make Valor drops from : Dungeon, Heroi Dungeon, Myth Dungeon, M+, Raid, WQ, Giving Daily or Weekly quest do run a Dungeon M+ for tot Valor.

Fixed the "Tediousness"
    At best having a +5 ilvl token drop from using a roll coin for gear would I find acceptable. Adding a mandatory grind to make your raid gear equip-able is not a system I want back.

Why not go full Diablo and lock the ability to WF/TF behind some arbitrary barrier like B/S/G training grounds or average ilvl equipped? bronze/340->+5max, silver/355->+10max, gold/370->+15max

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    We did, in fact, have this exact (almost) system in Mists of Pandaria. You earn your points through various methods, then once you have a piece of gear you want to upgrade, you go to the Ethereal, talk to him, pop the gear in, and upgrade it up to three times. It worked pretty damn well back then, so why not have it now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    We did, in fact, have this exact (almost) system in Mists of Pandaria. You earn your points through various methods, then once you have a piece of gear you want to upgrade, you go to the Ethereal, talk to him, pop the gear in, and upgrade it up to three times. It worked pretty damn well back then, so why not have it now?
    Because Blizzard wants you to stay subbed on the off-chance that tomorrow a max ilvl item drops from a critter in LFR.

There are multiple systems in WOW meant to ensure passive char growth every week as long as you log in simply for the purpose of extending your sub.

They would end up balancing content around the expectation of people upgrading their gear, making it more difficult to open and do noth I ng in the long run. Sure things can WF/TF, but those are rare enough that it doesn't have as much of an expected impact. Having said that I hate the TF system and would much rather have valor upgrades back
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."