Deleted
    https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/...13890806849536

Soon people who bought the PA edition (for the bag, and not for the PA helmet) can replace the nylon bag they'll never use, that will sit in a closet for the rest of their lives with a canvas bag they'll never use, which will sit in a closet for the rest of their lives. In fact, I guess they'll have the nylon bag, the 500 Atoms and the canvas bag. Problem solved.

"But, but, but..." Cue the conditionals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

Soon people who bought the PA edition (for the bag, and not for the PA helmet) can replace the nylon bag they'll never use, that will sit in a closet for the rest of their lives with a canvas bag they'll never use, which will sit in a closet for the rest of their lives. In fact, I guess they'll have the nylon bag, the 500 Atoms and the canvas bag. Problem solved.

I think they realized that they were going to get stomped by the FTC (and whatever the CA, AU, and EU equivalents are) for false advertising if they didn't.

Good, this is the only real "good" response to the nonsense Bethesda could make. Glad they managed to find somewhere that hadn't run out of canvas during the global canvas shortage.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/J36CuwD.jpg[IMG]

i know, it's disheartening when the sheep won't let their corporate master lie to them. what is the world coming to?

now if they can just get the dlc rolling out that adds actual AI, and adds post-war civilization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    @Endus: you're nuts dude. I invested about 12 hours in the game and there hasn't been one quest out of the dozens I've done where I can tell you anything that happened.
    I really can't take this honestly, since it's simply not an accurate way of portraying anything in the game. You probably couldn't even get through Flatwoods without running into the Fertile Soil event, where "stuff happens" in a pretty obvious manner.

Holotapes are arguably the worst way to implement story telling, especially in a game where 90% of your attention is spent exploring the surrounding area of where you found said holotape.
    There are entire critically-acclaimed games that rely entirely on that kind of storytelling, and are lauded because of it. To the point where uncovering that story is the core gameplay, for the most part; no shooty-looty, no crafting, no basebuilding.

If there was a decent story to follow and some kind of impact on the quests you are given, I would have stuck around simply to find out what happened in certain quests. As it stands, the game is simply tedious quests that send you all over the map without any meaning behind it at all. And that should not be defended in any way or form.
    And this is just blatantly false. Rose's missions have a clear point. Abbie's as well, with the Free States. The Brotherhood. The Enclave. The Order of Mystery, though you can miss the Order; the other four are right in the main quest. And those are just the major factions involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Good, this is the only real "good" response to the nonsense Bethesda could make. Glad they managed to find somewhere that hadn't run out of canvas during the global canvas shortage.
    That was always bullshit. If they had manufacturing issues (possible), just flat-out don't include it in the PA edition and put in a cardboard card with an apology and a link to follow to register for later shipping once you work it out. Don't swap it out with a cheap-ass nylon bag and hope nobody catches on.

I participated in a Kickstarter for a board game, and they ended up having issues shipping from the USA into Canada due to customs shenanigans with tariffs that had come out between when the Kickstarter finished and when shipping started. They sent a message out to let everyone know what the delay was, with an apology. That was fine. People are (usually) willing to be understanding about stuff if you're honest about what's going on and work to make it better.

Its nice they are least trying to get the proper bags to the power armor edition owners... problem still exists past the deadline if the power armor edition is still being sold somewhere still with the nylon bag... perhaps recall?

I guess the Legal department finally got to talk to them and explain that they will 100% lose every lawsuit brought against them for false advertisement and that it would be much cheaper to make the actual bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Its nice they are least trying to get the proper bags to the power armor edition owners... problem still exists past the deadline if the power armor edition is still being sold somewhere still with the nylon bag... perhaps recall?
    This isn't 'nice' of them. This is only being done because its a slam dunk lawsuit under EU regulations.(and probably others)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This isn't 'nice' of them. This is only being done because its a slam dunk lawsuit under EU regulations.(and probably others)
    Well its nice in least they got a response to be able to do something even if its on legal ground (before such thing happens) unlike EA be like screw you legal system

Regardless it doesnt change the state of the game it was released in and the nylon bag in first place... dont treat my "nice" as simple free pass

I'm well aware of the bullshit this video game industry spews
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-12-03 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This so much. This is "good", but the kind of "good" where Bethesda doesn't deserve any praise or congratulations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That was always bullshit. If they had manufacturing issues (possible), just flat-out don't include it in the PA edition and put in a cardboard card with an apology and a link to follow to register for later shipping once you work it out. Don't swap it out with a cheap-ass nylon bag and hope nobody catches on.

I participated in a Kickstarter for a board game, and they ended up having issues shipping from the USA into Canada due to customs shenanigans with tariffs that had come out between when the Kickstarter finished and when shipping started. They sent a message out to let everyone know what the delay was, with an apology. That was fine. People are (usually) willing to be understanding about stuff if you're honest about what's going on and work to make it better.
    Nah, they just thought they can weasel out from providing quality, promised items in Collectors Edition. Influencers got canvas bags for free, but loyal fans who shelled out 200 bucks got some cheap knock-off. These companies are constantly pushing the envelope, checking what they can get away with. Bethesda got burned big time
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-12-03 at 11:46 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Was in my first nuke zone last night (Whitespring). I lost count of how many legendaries I picked up (>20), but sadly not a single one was a keeper. Still chasing my dream melee weapon that can compete with my normal super sledge.

Seems like every high level I see somehow has the explosive shotgun. I actually got a three star laser rifle with explosive on it. Added the beam splitter for extra effect. But honestly, the damage sucks. Maybe because it was only level 25, or the fact that it's a sucky laser rifle, but my other guns already beat it. Even worse, for some reason it breaks incredibly fast, almost to the point I think it's bugged. So I won't be doing much with it.

I did manage to get a instigating sledge hammer to drop today. But the game crashed before I could pick it up. Didn't really care seeing as I'm not a melee person and don't really want anything to do with trading.

Seems like melee is the OP mete people are leaning towards these days though. Hope they buffs guns soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if anyone knows. What is the exact outcome of being in a group and having your group members kill something you didn't hurt? Do you still get loot/exp from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And this is just blatantly false. Rose's missions have a clear point. Abbie's as well, with the Free States. The Brotherhood. The Enclave. The Order of Mystery, though you can miss the Order; the other four are right in the main quest. And those are just the major factions involved.
    The point of the Enclave is to unlock the nukes. Not sure what the story behind them is. They even tell you to skip the annoying monologuing Hydra computer as optional quest steps. What the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Seems like every high level I see somehow has the explosive shotgun. I actually got a three star laser rifle with explosive on it. Added the beam splitter for extra effect. But honestly, the damage sucks. Maybe because it was only level 25, or the fact that it's a sucky laser rifle, but my other guns already beat it. Even worse, for some reason it breaks incredibly fast, almost to the point I think it's bugged. So I won't be doing much with it.

I did manage to get a instigating sledge hammer to drop today. But the game crashed before I could pick it up. Didn't really care seeing as I'm not a melee person and don't really want anything to do with trading.

Seems like melee is the OP mete people are leaning towards these days though. Hope they buffs guns soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if anyone knows. What is the exact outcome of being in a group and having your group members kill something you didn't hurt? Do you still get loot/exp from it?
    There was a guy with a 3 star The Dragon that did extra shot, extra damage at full health and something else I saw the other day. Dude was just blowing everything up 5 seconds at a time.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    The point of the Enclave is to unlock the nukes. Not sure what the story behind them is. They even tell you to skip the annoying monologuing Hydra computer as optional quest steps. What the fuck.
    The story behind them is that they started the war the put the world in its current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This so much. This is "good", but the kind of "good" where Bethesda doesn't deserve any praise or congratulations.
    Hmm I think that's a little harsh. It's probably true that if there wasn't this much backlash, and they had only received a couple hundred angry emails or something, they might have tried to get away with the 500 atoms scheme. But the community called them out on their bullshit and they realized it stank and they had to fix it.

I can think of a good few developers who would have dug their heels in until the bitter end. So they get a teeny weeny amount of praise.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Hmm I think that's a little harsh. It's probably true that if there wasn't this much backlash, and they had only received a couple hundred angry emails or something, they might have tried to get away with the 500 atoms scheme. But the community called them out on their bullshit and they realized it stank and they had to fix it.

I can think of a good few developers who would have dug their heels in until the bitter end. So they get a teeny weeny amount of praise.
    If you do something only because you are threatened by a huge lawsuit, then well, you most likely do not deserve praise for it. Returning the stolen property only because otherwise I'd be in jail wouldn't make me a hero.

500 atom stuff is an obvious attempt to diffuse the situation without giving players what they are due, only cementing the fact that Bethesda tried to scam people, and then bribe them with fake money to shut up. I'd rather keep that teeny weeny amount of praise for another occasion.

I need to use Reddit or where ever I can find people playing the game on PC. I let 4 Alpha and 4 Charlie silo keys go to waste this week.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Disagree. This seems in part to be covering their asses legally, as there's a strong argument to make that they violated various advertising laws with this move. It's cheaper for them to put in PO's for a few hundred canvas bags than it is for them to face a serious legal challenge.

Their community called them and their first response was hoping to mollify folks with the 500 atoms. That didn't fly in the slightest and between both community outrage and a whole bunch of negative headlines they're finally delivering folks what they actually ordered.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not wrong, and I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek (we need the Twitch smiley face emoji instead of ours!), but I guess it's better to do the right thing for the wrong reasons than to do only do the wrong things. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

You're not wrong, and I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek (we need the Twitch smiley face emoji instead of ours!), but I guess it's better to do the right thing for the wrong reasons than to do only do the wrong things. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾
    Damn you text for being a poor medium for delivering subtext and snark! Or just me for reading too literally. Or both. Probably both.