15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/...13890806849536

Soon people who bought the PA edition (for the bag, and not for the PA helmet) can replace the nylon bag they'll never use, that will sit in a closet for the rest of their lives with a canvas bag they'll never use, which will sit in a closet for the rest of their lives. In fact, I guess they'll have the nylon bag, the 500 Atoms and the canvas bag. Problem solved.

"But, but, but..." Cue the conditionals.
    I hope thats sarcasm and not actually complaining that a company has to fix their mistake because they lied to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    There was a guy with a 3 star The Dragon that did extra shot, extra damage at full health and something else I saw the other day. Dude was just blowing everything up 5 seconds at a time.
    I've actually found automatic guns to be a better choice for a sneak sniper. It doesn't have as much as a big one hit as the other hunter/guass/The Dragon but they do have higher dps. The only drawback is they take a lot more bullets. So I've had lead on search forever now, always turning it until extra ammo.

And I always get the codes from Reddit. I don't think many people actually kill the officers to get the code themselves anymore. Heck, the game never showed me what to do with the code pieces. Or told me how many I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I've actually found automatic guns to be a better choice for a sneak sniper. It doesn't have as much as a big one hit as the other hunter/guass/The Dragon but they do have higher dps. The only drawback is they take a lot more bullets. So I've had lead on search forever now, always turning it until extra ammo.

And I always get the codes from Reddit. I don't think many people actually kill the officers to get the code themselves anymore. Heck, the game never showed me what to do with the code pieces. Or told me how many I need.
    Ah, see I've never looked into it. I assumed once all 8 are paired a quest starts to do all that stuff.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It's amazing how people are still defending them even on this, because "it's just a bag", it's also "just" false advertisement, which is illegal, but hey!
    I don't think everyone defending them is doing it because "its just a bag" or whatever. I think there is a decent amount of people who are tired of the "corporation screwed us" crowd so they side with the company. With so many complaining about everything ea or blizzard or whichever company it is does, I think people have gotten to the point that it caused a divide between the community so you have people siding with Bethesda in this situation. Obviously some people are just fanboys but not everyone.

Lol, I just made it to Fort Defiance in the main quest, jesus could the BoS picked a worse place? I half expect the lights to shut completely out in here and leave me in the dark. Maybe that will still happen, I haven't cleared it all yet or powered up the door.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You're not wrong, and I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek (we need the Twitch smiley face emoji instead of ours!), but I guess it's better to do the right thing for the wrong reasons than to do only do the wrong things. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾
    You do understand that they are preying on that exact sentiment ? "The will let us get away with this". Lets face it, them fixing the bag issue doesn't mean they are good guys, it means they are "scared of legal action" guys.

The Scorch Queens could use some big adjustments. She's basically just a mob you wait as she pecks at your leg before you do anything. The whole flying up in the air thing wouldn't be that bad if bullet's didn't disappear after a certain range and her hitbox wasn't so wonky.

And I had a fight the other day I'm pretty sure was bugged. Her health was at ~80% but wasn't going down at all.

Who knew a quest could capture how terrible the DMV is.....

Not everyone, no, should had phrased that better I guess.

I mean, how there are still people defending them even on this...

One thing is enjoying their products, another is standing for their illegal actions against their own customers, against themselves, it's ridiculous
    Yeah totally agree on this bag stuff. Especially at the price point they expected people to pay, how could you not get friggin canvas for a bag.

That's part of the nuke tutorial in The Enclave. You also can go to the chinese base under mama dolce's and find out more information about the codes.

You're right, nobody gets code fragments anymore. Some guy does them, posts them and then everybody can fire nukes.

Well, that was depressing. Was doing a BoS daily, go to VTU, go to a fissure site, go to VTU (spent about 100caps at this point in fast travelling) open the door to VTU 5 minutes loading then server disconnect. Log back in, daily is gone. Guess that's it for me tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking to the false advertisement situation, while I am in complete agreement that Bethesda fucked up, whatever happened to that one little starred line at the bottom of every pre-order product that said something along the lines of "this doesn't reflect the final product"? Didn't that sort of disband the whole false advertising issue? Wonder why they never did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Speaking to the false advertisement situation, while I am in complete agreement that Bethesda fucked up, whatever happened to that one little starred line at the bottom of every pre-order product that said something along the lines of "this doesn't reflect the final product"? Didn't that sort of disband the whole false advertising issue? Wonder why they never did that.
    https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...small-business
    This kind of fits the bill, although instead of books and abridged books it's canvas vs nylon.
    May not be representative of the final product really only matters for minor defects and appearance, not complete material changes.
    The FTC looks at what the ad does not say - that is, if the failure to include information leaves consumers with a misimpression about the product. For example, if a company advertised a collection of books, the ad would be deceptive if it did not disclose that consumers actually would receive abridged versions of the books.
    As for the "accept compensation".
    My company offers a money-back guarantee. Very few people have ever asked for their money back. Must we still have proof to support our advertising claims?

Yes. Offering a money-back guarantee is not a substitute for substantiation. Advertisers still must have proof to support their claims.
    Since Bethesda is in Maryland, this may also apply. Most notably the 4th.
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...cl/13-301.html
    (2) Representation that:

(i) Consumer goods, consumer realty, or consumer services have a sponsorship, approval, accessory, characteristic, ingredient, use, benefit, or quantity which they do not have;

(ii) A merchant has a sponsorship, approval, status, affiliation, or connection which he does not have;

(iii) Deteriorated, altered, reconditioned, reclaimed, or secondhand consumer goods are original or new; or

(iv) Consumer goods, consumer realty, or consumer services are of a particular standard, quality, grade, style, or model which they are not;

So I just got an instigating gauss rifle from a freaking vendor of all places. Wasn't even that expensive. Always make sure to check each vendor before selling your junk!

So I just got an instigating gauss rifle from a freaking vendor of all places. Wasn't even that expensive. Always make sure to check each vendor before selling your junk!
    After selling your junk, if they are already sitting on 200 caps and you buy something their total won't change but if you have gotten caps from them then buy something you can sell some items to get a few of those caps back.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how people are still defending them even on this, because "it's just a bag", it's also "just" false advertisement, which is illegal, but hey!
    Those bags barely cost anything to produce.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Well seems Bethesda released a internal patch and found the materials they needed to craft their canvas bags....

https://www.shacknews.com/article/10...ion-nylon-bags
    Bethesda is replacing Fallout 76's Power Armor Edition nylon bags
    If you purchased a Power Armor Edition of Fallout 76 and want your nylon bag replaced, Bethesda will make things right.
    ethesda is replacing Fallout 76's Power Armor Edition nylon bags with actual, proper canvas bags after a debacle that took place following the game's official debut.

When Bethesda announced the $200 Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition, it advertised a fancy West Tek canvas duffel bag as well as a Power Armor helmet and a smattering of other items along with a copy of the game (er, a cardboard disc in a SteelBook case for some reason). What players got, however, was hardly the same thing as they were promised.
    Players reported receiving a nylon bag that looked nothing like what was advertised, prompting a slew of frustrated customers to complain and demand that Bethesda take action for the snafu. Originally, after responding to fans who reached out to Bethesda and were met with claims that the bag was sent as it was due to the "unavailability of materials," Bethesda sent out 500 Atoms for the inconvenience, which was hardly enough to buy anything at all in the game's cosmetic store, and that was hardly a viable solution.
    Now, Bethesda is working to make things right with a line of replacement canvas bags for anyone who purchased the Power Armor Edition. If you grabbed one and want to return your "trash bag," as the internet has called it, you can head over to a special site and submit a ticket for it to be replaced. Bethesda has stated it will "arrange" to send a replacement bag as soon as they're ready. In order to get the replacement bag, you will need to provide proof of purchase. Bethesda has lined out what you can do to offer this in a lengthy series of tweets.
    At least Bethesda is working to make good on all these issues, despite the fact that players are still having to contend with Fallout 76 being the less-than-stellar title they were looking forward to.
    Its good that people may finally get the bag they paid for, But hopefully someone still takes Bethesda to court over this because it should have never happen in the first place.

Honestly I feel they are doing this just to try to end the PR nightmare that is going on.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-12-04 at 07:39 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Was probably sold by another player, I was in whitespring after a nuke event and the vendor had ~10 legendary weapons and another 6 or so armor. I also like finding Technical Data lowbies vendor off so I can keep farming for the BoS paint job lol.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku....1830831357/amp

There are some very useful mods in there, I very well might download the perk card load out mod tonight. I'm tired of swapping out one of my rifleman perks to pick locks just to swap them back in. I wonder what action Bethesda will take against modding, or since its client side if they can even detect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its good that people may finally get the bag they paid'ed for, But hopefully someone still takes Bethesda to court over this because it should have never happen in the first place.
    They have zero case if they try and take Bethesda to court since the company is following through with its obligation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this really sucks... I was watching an Easy Allies review and it dawned on me. I'm no longer excited for any of Bethesda's games because of Fallout 76. It's not just the technical glitches but the gameplay itself blows which kinda makes me look back on their previous games and realize that they aren't as good as I remember. At least in the gameplay department. The stories and universes still hold up, but Bethesda really need to blow Starfield out of the park both technically and gameplay wise. I haven't seen a major AAA company fuck up to this degree in a long time. Hopefully they can turn things around. We already lost Bioware, I don't wanna lose Bethesda too.