Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So, you don't raid, you don't play arena... you just.. i don't know, i guess you just do mythic dungeons runs and you've formed your opinion about ret capabilities entirely based on lack of cleave in mythic dungeons.
    I'm a 382 SP currently and i can compete with anybody at this point, but you can grab literally random ~360 frost mage or dh from the trade chat and they're gonna do 40k dps burst by pressing 2 buttons on any pack of 4+. Do i go to my subforum and complain about the fact that some other class CAN BE more beneficial than mine under certain circumstances? No mate, it's never going to be perfect.. it's not how it works, you tweak one little thing and someone will find a way to abuse that little thing in a completely different aspect in the game and you're getting a DS buff while we're at it

I was referring to raiding scene mr pro player 382 SP that can compete with any other classes in the game, don't come here with your hurr durr and talk crap about a class that has been most shit in every raid tier than any other. It;s not hard to go to warcraftlogs and see top 100 of each class in every raid fights and try to comprehend that some classes are shit and others are OP cuz blizz can't balance shit, you don't need a PhD to understand to look at logs.
    And ofc ppl will want the OP classes for aoe burst in m+ dooooooh kiddo

.. c ya .. you made me laugh .. ppl like you are the most fun to talk to sometimes.. cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    I was referring to raiding scene mr pro player 382 SP that can compete with any other classes in the game, don't come here with your hurr durr and talk crap about a class that has been most shit in every raid tier than any other. It;s not hard to go to warcraftlogs and see top 100 of each class in every raid fights and try to comprehend that some classes are shit and others are OP cuz blizz can't balance shit, you don't need a PhD to understand to look at logs.
    And ofc ppl will want the OP classes for aoe burst in m+ dooooooh kiddo

.. c ya .. you made me laugh .. ppl like you are the most fun to talk to sometimes.. cheers!
    Ooh.. for fuck sake why is always impossible to have a conversation with a blood elf male players, you know what you need? You need to get absolutely obliterated by random 1700 rated backpeddling fire mage 100%-0 in 3 globals 10 games in a row and then have the same exact guy complaining about fire mages need a buff because they don't top meters in raids. Get your shit togather

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    Ooh.. for fuck sake why is always impossible to have a conversation with a blood elf male players, you know what you need? You need to get absolutely obliterated by random 1700 rated backpeddling fire mage 100%-0 in 3 globals 10 games in a row and then have the same exact guy complaining about fire mages need a buff because they don't top meters in raids. Get your shit togather
    Where did i day anything EVER about PVP here?? ( except that we were awesome back at the start of CATA ) look again you blind kid and learn to comrpehend when i'm TALKING ABOUT PVE and now you compare a class and his anti class GG kid GG, SP's and MAGES are ANTI RETS and will ALWAYS BE ANTI RETS ... now get lost to your SP thread.. fantastic IQ you have there sport

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and yet WW who is also a JOAT/MON are #3 DPS, top tank, and top heals possibly behind Priest.
    No they arnt. Third tank and third healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did i day anything EVER about PVP here?? ( except that we were awesome back at the start of CATA ) look again you blind kid and learn to comrpehend when i'm TALKING ABOUT PVE and now you compare a class and his anti class GG kid GG, SP's and MAGES are ANTI RETS and will ALWAYS BE ANTI RETS ... now get lost to your SP thread.. fantastic IQ you have there sport
    This is exactly why ret doesn't deserve buffs. The most toxic players in the community .
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No they arnt. Third tank and third healer.

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly why ret doesn't deserve buffs. The most toxic players in the community .
    ^ braindead response detected

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    What is the bugfix for DP?
    Divine purpose can't proc from itself at the moment.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I don't know why other ppl with mains non ret pallies even come to other threads specific for other classes than theirs and talk crap ?? what's with this mentality ?
    Do you have to choose a "main" when you install wow? It's not "your" class, just because you refuse to play anything else. Other people are allowed to have an opinion too.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Do you have to choose a "main" when you install wow? It's not "your" class, just because you refuse to play anything else. Other people are allowed to have an opinion too.
    You have your main and alt(s)... and yeah you must have if you raid more than hc or so.. you got 5 alts and want to gear them all you kinda fuck up other else in your raid team you know? ( talking about normal raiding and not world first race guilds)..
    Anyway if ppl want to have opinion they should say why x shouldn't be buffed or why y should be changed. not just say like a monkey:no... no buffs needed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishikyu View Post
    385 ilvl equipped ret pala here, 33 neck lvl 8/8 M. No, we don't top the meters. Not if everyone else in your raid is putting out their A-game. We are middle/middle-bottom on most fights.

(https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...ec=Retribution for reference)
    Yeah, this 100% I'm sitting at 384/34 and it's painful. I have the highest neck and ilvl of my whole guild and I'm mid to low on meters. It's pretty pathetic.

I'm really hoping the 2 new Azerite traits and the buff to Divine Storm's damage will help, but it still pisses me off that our "buffs" are gonna basically come from those 2 new traits that are likely going to become necessary now otherwise we'll be back to being shit. So when the new tier comes out and I get an "upgrade" that doesn't have either the Divine Storm or Wings trait, then I may as well just vendor it ffs. Got Shamans and Spriests and Feral that just directly got a buff or are getting one, Ret has to go fucking fishing for theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people still using anecdotal evidence to try to prove that a spec is good/bad? I thought we were past that considering logs are so easy to find

Deleted
    ST on my DH i did 10k dps on the last boss of Freehold on +2 with 345 ilvl. Ret paladin on my group, completely geared 370+ did the same. I felt bad for him as a fellow Ret, but it showed clearly to me that something is terribly wrong.
    Sure, maybe he wasn't the best, but given the gear difference theres no way i'd be able to compete with that unless DH was OP and Ret underpowered. I totally turned to prot on my Paladin. Gonna wait and see what the new traits can do.

Of course, this is in line with what we have been seeing in the logs rankings.

But, heck... i've been Ret since it was first viable in TBC, but being underpowered and needing buffs every expansion is becoming really tiresome.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-12-06 at 02:23 AM.

Retribution
    Ultimate Retribution Name changed from "Ultimate Retribution " to "Ultimate Retribution". When an ally within 40 yards falls below 25% health, you gain Avenging Wrath for 6 sec. When an ally is slain within 40 yards of you, your Redemption spell can now be cast while in combat within the next 20 sec. with a 6 sec cast time. Using Divine Shield or Blessing of Protection on yourself will cancel this effect. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 1 sec global cooldown. Requires Paladin. Requires level 40+.
    Are we gonna talk about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Helsinki View Post
    PvP Talent. 1 sec global cooldown.
    Done talking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsinki View Post
    Are we gonna talk about this ?
    There's no way you're going to get that cast off in pvp so it's pretty useless tbh

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Yeah, this 100% I'm sitting at 384/34 and it's painful. I have the highest neck and ilvl of my whole guild and I'm mid to low on meters. It's pretty pathetic.

I'm really hoping the 2 new Azerite traits and the buff to Divine Storm's damage will help, but it still pisses me off that our "buffs" are gonna basically come from those 2 new traits that are likely going to become necessary now otherwise we'll be back to being shit. So when the new tier comes out and I get an "upgrade" that doesn't have either the Divine Storm or Wings trait, then I may as well just vendor it ffs. Got Shamans and Spriests and Feral that just directly got a buff or are getting one, Ret has to go fucking fishing for theirs.
    I'm curious as to your own performance. On the single target/priority add fights in Uldir, I've done reasonably well when playing with comparable players. I'm not quite as good as Shish, who you've quoted, but my own parses are nothing terrible. https://i.gyazo.com/e0d51989d1720303...d36e51d74c.png Often top 2-3, even against high 80/low 90 parsing players.

Are you a 90th+ player comparing to other 90th+ players? Or are you mid/low on the meters for other reasons?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laego View Post
    I'm curious as to your own performance. On the single target/priority add fights in Uldir, I've done reasonably well when playing with comparable players. I'm not quite as good as Shish, who you've quoted, but my own parses are nothing terrible. https://i.gyazo.com/e0d51989d1720303...d36e51d74c.png Often top 2-3, even against high 80/low 90 parsing players.

Are you a 90th+ player comparing to other 90th+ players? Or are you mid/low on the meters for other reasons?
    I’ll link you our Damage Done on our first down of Fetid from Tuesday. I’m parsing only 77 (which is decent on a 1st kill) also, the 2 Hunters parsing grey are actually our WW Monk and our Enhance Shaman, we kinda sprung it on em they’d be ranged for Fetid so you can kinda discount them. But even compared to some blue parsers I’m low and almost getting beat by a green parsing Warlock.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I’m definitely not the best Ret ever, I’m comparing to other DPS in my own group and I’m consistently lower than even people parsing worse though is my point.

Also, your overall Mythic parses are definitely better than mine, I’ll take tips if you got em
    Last edited by xxcloud417xx; 2018-12-07 at 10:46 PM.

OK that was my main concern, just making sure you were comparing at the same level of play. A 50th percentile rogue above you makes me

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laego View Post
    OK that was my main concern, just making sure you were comparing at the same level of play. A 50th percentile rogue above you makes me
    I know right? lol We're definitely not in a great spot and overall logs don't lie, we're dead-last in Uldir by a pretty unreasonable margin.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Only you must not forget that all classmates grew over the summer