Thread: Affliction Nerf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    dont worry. 8.2 will see the next UA Nerf. Just like Legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    And?
    What are you trying to say? Are you angry? Do you want our opinions? Or did you just test your copy pasta buttons?

The target is our ST dps, which needs a nerf.
    They want to buff our spread dmg and make rot comps(pvp) viable again, thats why they nerf UA.
    We will hopefully see nerfs to DG too.
    I would like to have DG nerfed to hell and all our other dots buffed up to compensate, that CD is way to strong and performance defining.

I would prefer a DG nerf first, then maybe touch UA, but what can you do, im not a dev.
    PvE wise warlock is more than fine, PvP wise we are a bottom tier class.
    So where the hell is our buff to agony and corruption?

In the meanwhile i still hit eye beam and burst for 150k on a decent pull...

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post

8.1.5 will fix it

But seriously, I think while absolute corruption exists they wont buff corruption to what it needs to be. Which is a shame, because I'd hate to lose AC as a talent.

Agony itself is a joke now, hit's for a joke amount without WiA and Sudden Onset.

the multi target dot buff that they were talking about is for pvp. gl

Im sorry that they dont implent everything at ones, without stages of testing and slowly comming to a finished state. Maybe you should apply for a job as a dev and do better?

Comparing range spread sustain cleave with a melee single line burst CD, ok man... thats a solid comparison...

Quote Originally Posted by therealkenzo23 View Post
    You're right, but it could work for PVE too. Afflic cleave or multitarget sucks, many other specs excel at where we should be at least better than good at.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by therealkenzo23 View Post
    And doesnt exist.

Im sorry that they dont implent everything at ones, without stages of testing and slowly comming to a finished state. Maybe you should apply for a job as a dev and do better?

Comparing range spread sustain cleave with a melee single line burst CD, ok man... thats a solid comparison...
    Why are you apologizing for them? Hopefully they do something to agony or corr but I don't think applying for a job as a dev will help.

You special people that think that this nerf isnt a massive one are blind.

The total overall value of the UA nerf is almost 9.5% dps. Outside of our Darkglare, AFF dps is horrid. All of our bulk damage is built up during Darkglare and its extended UA dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carcrashcripple View Post
    You special people that think that this nerf isnt a massive one are blind.

The total overall value of the UA nerf is almost 9.5% dps. Outside of our Darkglare, AFF dps is horrid. All of our bulk damage is built up during Darkglare and its extended UA dots.
    It's 2% total loss at most. MASSIVE NERF!

Deleted

Sustain cleave would mean something if there were actual encounters in current content that would favor it.

Don't get me wrong, affliction ST is strong. Al tough entirely centered around darkglare, but all things considered, strong, very strong. UA nerf is fairly justified, however its only justified in light of the fact that affliction AoE is NON-EXISTENT right now.

Tap down single target, up cleave and AoE. That would be balance.

This nerf means tap down single target. That's it.

This means in 8.1 we`d have average ST and bad AoE/cleave. this is not alright.

It is a break something without having any idea of how to fix it management. Plain and simple. They have not caught up from launch in terms of making a tree that is playable in any sort of flexible manner whatsoever. They beat the fun out of it and bought it back player wise with single target numbers. When those go away and people are left with their “passion” for affliction let’s see how many want to play it? Especially after most of last expansion.

Affliction does typically out scale single target but that is usually end tier. With the existing toolkit let’s see how it fares in pve safe space and PvP where it is already a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sustain cleave would mean something if there were actual encounters in current content that would favor it.

Don't get me wrong, affliction ST is strong. Al tough entirely centered around darkglare, but all things considered, strong, very strong. UA nerf is fairly justified, however its only justified in light of the fact that affliction AoE is NON-EXISTENT right now.

Tap down single target, up cleave and AoE. That would be balance.

This nerf means tap down single target. That's it.

This means in 8.1 we`d have average ST and bad AoE/cleave. this is not alright.
    Yes. 2% nerf will totally destroy Aff viability, better reroll something like Ele, I hear they get mega buffs!

It's a nerf to make sure Aff is not completely out of scale again in Dazar'alor. That's it. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes. 2% nerf will totally destroy Aff viability, better reroll something like Ele, I hear they get mega buffs!

It's a nerf to make sure Aff is not completely out of scale again in Dazar'alor. That's it. Get over it.
    I don't think it's a big nerf, the issue isn't this one nerf so much as it is the spec gets nerfed literally every patch with nothing given in return.

Aff is strong, it isn't overpowered. The spec is hilariously boring to play, half the talents aren't even close to viable, literally the only thing aff has is good burst dps, and even then it takes like 8 globals to get rolling.

What evidence do you have aff, in this current state, would be "out of scale" in dazar'alor.

The spec has been borderline if not unplayable in pvp for like 2 fucking xpacs now, maybe 3 (I didn't play WoD.)

UA is already a joke in pvp and now it's even more of a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    Why are you apologizing for them? Hopefully they do something to agony or corr but I don't think applying for a job as a dev will help.
    I was being sarcastic.

And btw, why do you guys think that every serious raiding guild is leveling/equiping shadow priest right now?
    Hint: It's not just because they got a decent buff.
    Then new raid favors dot classes, speaking of encounter design.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2018-12-04 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I don't think it's a big nerf, the issue isn't this one nerf so much as it is the spec gets nerfed literally every patch with nothing given in return.

Aff is strong, it isn't overpowered.
    In PvE? It is borderline OP, I think Aff is extremely lucky and Blizz is uncharacteristically lenient with it. It could have got the BM treatment where various abilities got nerfed and then it got another 5% hammer dropped on top of it, instead Blizz keeps being super careful with tiny nerfs to it that keep it right there at the top dog block.

In my opinion, when it comes to nerfs or supposed unfair treatment in PvE - Aff and Destruction have nothing to complain about. Demo I could say has an axe to grind there with spectacular Beta nerf which overshot quite a lot, but Destruction and especially Aff? There are legit no complaints there, because all the nerfs ended up being super precise and right on spot there seeing from statistics.

As for PvP, that's a whole other can of worms, one I don't touch. I tend to not speak about stuff I don't have experience with, unless totally forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by severan View Post
    2% single target nerf and even less to multitarget. Not a big deal really.
    Probably less than 2% honestly.

It's technically, not a nerf but a balance to reflect the increased ilvls that will be introduced due to DoT dmg scaling too well with item levels and stat weights. Thats why we're not getting the efficiency changes now on current patch.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    due to DoT dmg scaling too well with item levels and stat weights. Thats why we're not getting the efficiency changes now on current patch.
    The DOTS would have to scale a hell of a lot more than they are atm for scaling to be a worry. All of the damage is built into db and dg. The dots are a joke outside of that (other than UA).

Not that this UA nerf is going to even be noticable, but it's the principle.

Deleted
    It's not only a nerf to UA but also to deathbolt. This will be noticable during darkglare.