Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    There's no doubt it's going to be an addictive game. After they get everyone on board, that's when they'll turn the screws on micro-transactions big time.
    I'm not that concerned about the MTX options in DI. In Hearthstone you can buy things with real money or in game gold. I expect the same formula in DI if they go with a FTP model.

It already gets a 0/10 from me because there's no Witch Doctors. Not sure about anyone else but I'm giving this a hard pass

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Just because they decided to release a mobile game ahead of potentially a new Diablo pc/console game people cry like fucking babies. Yes, entitled fucking babies. People shouldn't get so attached to a franchise, if they want to get attached to a game that's fine, games die or stopped getting worked on at some point. Nobody was made any promises and nobody knows what future content they have in store.
    can you link your amory? thanks!

Just because they decided to release a mobile game ahead of potentially a new Diablo pc/console game people cry like fucking babies. Yes, entitled fucking babies. People shouldn't get so attached to a franchise, if they want to get attached to a game that's fine, games die or stopped getting worked on at some point. Nobody was made any promises and nobody knows what future content they have in store.
    You say people shouldn't get so attached to a particular franchise yet that is literally what game companies want. They want people to become attached to a particular game franchise. Nowadays more than ever as they move towards more exploitive or lazy styles of making money from that same attached franchise base.

And as much as you feel these people might be acting entitled you would do to remember that some of these franchises were literally built off the support these communities gave to that franchise.

And let's cut the bullshit here. Blizzcon is attended by a community of people that are a majority of PC gamers. Walking out on to that stage to announce a mobile game was never, ever going to go down well. Blizzard themselves cannot honestly believe that was not going to go that way. The fact that they have nothing to say on the front of a new Diablo game for PC/console tells you that the mobile game is the focus and the other game is the after thought.

And as a final note.

Since when does a multi-billion dollar corporation that could literally trip over you, break its nose on the sidewalk and still not even register you exist require people like you to defend their behavior? Fuck them. Their literal responses showed they don't care about you so fuck them. I mean you are literally talking about an organisation that charges people a premium to watch ads for their products. Fuck them.

if i had a phone, i certainly would.

hell, i'd like to have a phone just to do it.

Deleted
    They kept saying multiple projects and we have something to show you later this year....no one asked for mobile game.It's not even diablo game...2018 is really showing what game companies do and how they mess with their fans.Fallout 76 has same code from skyrim and fallout 4,selling different items than advertised.Poor performance,lag,buggy game,rushed garbage...all for 60dollars...

I love blizzard games and I grew up on them but Blizzard has screwed up at blizzcon 2018 and after that people went to dig up dirt on them and it started to show how things are at the company and I'm more than happy their stocks tanked a bit and wouldn't mind for it to burn.Also Bethesda and EA...just stop supporting those practices.CD project red is pretty much last company that is making good games at the moment.

You know they will. I don't bother with those. Much like company surveys. Not interested.

Not gonna dignify it with a vote, down or up. I really don't play games on my phone, ever.

You can bet your pretty ass I will! Fuck Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by whitepanda View Post
    Like it or not, there are some good mobile games out there, and it's a different gaming experience (that I personnally enjoy, just my 2 cents)
    Would you kindly please name their names for us? At least one mobile game that is not time/money locked, which you can play as much as you want?

Because those mobile games I've tried, were time locked (i.e. play 10 dungeons and then get locked for a day, or pay $$$$$ and unlock 1 more dungeon entry, etc)....

...not to mention obvious battery/input/ridiculously small screen issues.

OT: no, but I will not play that crap, that's for sure. I wonder, what the hell happened with AAA game companies in 2018. Its almost like there were some magnetic storms or something like that. An epidemics of stupidity. Blizzard deleting trailer with negative comments on youtube, seriously, that's simply beyond good and evil, plain moronic.
    I fell sadness seeing my favourite game dev company turned into your typical greedy fuckers. Well, looks like no king can rule forever.
    Last edited by l33t; 2018-12-04 at 11:12 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    While I am no fan of mobile games (PC for life!!!111) you should acknowledge that their development effort and their quality is continuously increasing.
    The Hardware from premium Smartphones outperforms the current console generation since 2017.

Just check some numbers for yourself:
    In the US there are 211,2 million gamers (=67%). 52% play on PC, 90% on mobile and 41% on console.
    (https://www.pcgamesn.com/pc-gamers-v...gamers-numbers)
    The worldwide coverage of smartphones will be around 66% in 2018
    (https://www.wuv.de/digital/weltweite...auf_66_prozent)

It would just be dumb if big players like Blizzard wouldn't try to bring their brands to mobile.

Perhaps they are smart enough to announce the Diablo PC project before the mobile launch to dodge the PC Gamer's rage. And who knows - perhaps there will even be smart and fun cross-platform features to be able to play some PC content mobile as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    The Hardware from premium Smartphones outperforms the current console generation since 2017.
    Of course it does, rendering you a 7 inches picture. Play your console or PC on a 7'' monitor, it will give you 9999999 fps on ultra as well, lol.
    Not to mention how much premium smartphones' costs compared to consoles. You can buy what, 3 ps4 for the cost of one foolPhoneX?
    Last edited by l33t; 2018-12-04 at 12:10 PM.

It would just be dumb if big players like Blizzard wouldn't try to bring their brands to mobile.
    The problem is how its being done. People associate Blizzard with AAA PC gaming. They are diluting their brand identity and confusing people. Upsetting people.

Take Woolworth's as a better example. They started out in the 1800s as basically the words first dollar store. They grew massive. They started to expand into other ventures. They would open these other ventures as wholly-owned subsidiaries so as to not dilute the Woolworth brand name. One of these was called Foot Locker. Eventually, Woolworth's got crushed by competitors in the dollar store world and got driven out of business. But Foot Locker thrived. Woolworth's shuffled things around and renamed themselves Foot Locker. So Woolworth's still exists today, just under the name of a successful subsidiary. Foot Locker now has 2 subsidiaries of its own in Champs Sports and Eastbay.

Had Woolworth's named its Foot Locker brand as "Woolworth shoes" it might have failed along with the dollar store because it will have been associated with a dying brand. But because they named it Foot Locker, consumers never made that association so it escaped from the collapse of Woolworth's without a scratch.

If Foot Locker ever ran into financial trouble and had to close, they could reshuffle again and rename themselves Champs Sports or Eastbay. They recently started up a new subsidiary named Six02 which specializes in upscale womens athletic wear, so they expanding back out beyond shoes into more a department store all over again.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Of course it does, rendering you a 7 inches picture. Play your console or PC on a 7'' monitor, it will give you 9999999 fps on ultra as well, lol.
    Not to mention how much premium smartphones' costs compared to consoles. You can buy what, 3 ps4 for the cost of one foolPhoneX?
    Of course you may see it like this. On the other hand you do not need to buy a big TV and your smartphone has a very sharp resolution. On top you may use your phone for lot of other stuff. But please don't get me wrong, I just tried to make a point that big companies on their "mission to gold" have to get into the mobile market to get their cut.

It's just business and nothing personal against PC gamers. As I said I am PC only Gamer and I do not like the way Bliizard's company culture has developed. However it seems that to many people seem to be way to comitted due to the Blizzcon announcement fail and are on a personal crusade against Blizzard now and there is no more rationality in some statements within this thread.

Would you kindly please name their names for us? At least one mobile game that is not time/money locked, which you can play as much as you want?

Because those mobile games I've tried, were time locked (i.e. play 10 dungeons and then get locked for a day, or pay $$$$$ and unlock 1 more dungeon entry, etc)....

...not to mention obvious battery/input/ridiculously small screen issues.

OT: no, but I will not play that crap, that's for sure. I wonder, what the hell happened with AAA game companies in 2018. Its almost like there were some magnetic storms or something like that. An epidemics of stupidity. Blizzard deleting trailer with negative comments on youtube, seriously, that's simply beyond good and evil, plain moronic.
    I fell sadness seeing my favourite game dev company turned into your typical greedy fuckers. Well, looks like no king can rule forever.
    Most of them would be found not in the free games section of the respective app store. There are plenty paid games that do not have they typical F2P money/time restrictions. But I have a feeling many do not bother with those games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The problem is how its being done. People associate Blizzard with AAA PC gaming. They are diluting their brand identity and confusing people. Upsetting people.

Take Woolworth's as a better example. They started out in the 1800s as basically the words first dollar store. They grew massive. They started to expand into other ventures. They would open these other ventures as wholly-owned subsidiaries so as to not dilute the Woolworth brand name. One of these was called Foot Locker. Eventually, Woolworth's got crushed by competitors in the dollar store world and got driven out of business. But Foot Locker thrived. Woolworth's shuffled things around and renamed themselves Foot Locker. So Woolworth's still exists today, just under the name of a successful subsidiary. Foot Locker now has 2 subsidiaries of its own in Champs Sports and Eastbay.

Had Woolworth's named its Foot Locker brand as "Woolworth shoes" it might have failed along with the dollar store because it will have been associated with a dying brand. But because they named it Foot Locker, consumers never made that association so it escaped from the collapse of Woolworth's without a scratch.

If Foot Locker ever ran into financial trouble and had to close, they could reshuffle again and rename themselves Champs Sports or Eastbay. They recently started up a new subsidiary named Six02 which specializes in upscale womens athletic wear, so they expanding back out beyond shoes into more a department store all over again.
    I believe this would be the case if Blizzard got into other venues other than video games and video game related things. Mobile is just another video game medium, the issue is that they made this the only Diablo announcement in the "year of Diablo" Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    2018 is really showing what game companies do and how they mess with their fans.
    This has been the direction for several years now. Especially the monetization schemes get worse and worse (remember when people used to think DLC was bad? Or season passes? Now we have EA knowingly breaking and fighting the law to keep gambling in their games.)

It's at a point where things are no longer sustainable. Video games need to reach unachievable sales numbers and rake in ridiculous amounts of cash to not be considered a failure by the publishers and investors. They aren't made for the players anymore, just for the investors. And that makes Bethesda, Blizzard & Co forget that they should maybe try and keep their actual audience happy, too.

The video game industry is currently more lucrative than any other part of the entertainment industry and so everyone wants their piece of the cake. Unfortunately people don't have infinite amounts of time and money.

I think the whole industry needs to crash to wake up from their dreams and remember what they should be doing again.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    To be fair, D3 was a gigantic pile of dogshit when it released.
    still is.....
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

It's just business and nothing personal against PC gamers. As I said I am PC only Gamer and I do not like the way Bliizard's company culture has developed. However it seems that to many people seem to be way to comitted due to the Blizzcon announcement fail and are on a personal crusade against Blizzard now and there is no more rationality in some statements within this thread.
    Nobody in their rational mind denies Blizzard exploring new possibilities. Its a business after all, it has to bring profits, and to bring profits, it has to expand into new markets.
    Problem is, Blizzard failed to do their promotion right. Look at how Bethesda presented their mobile game: showed a little trailer of tes6 and voila, everyone's happy. Now look how blizzard presented theirs: gathered PC players, their most loyal fans for decades, stuffed a mobile game into their throats, and when met with overwhelming dislike from fans, started to delete dislikes on youtube and overall spreading straight lies. Blizzard I knew, the company who made Warcraft3, Starcraft and Diablo2, would never do such idiocy... that's why some people feel like they are on a personal crusade, because they received a clear spit in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Most of them would be found not in the free games section of the respective app store. There are plenty paid games that do not have they typical F2P money/time restrictions. But I have a feeling many do not bother with those games.
    Please, share their names with us! Because I've tried some paid games as well, and they still have time walls as their main mechanics.
    Last edited by l33t; 2018-12-04 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Of course it does, rendering you a 7 inches picture.
    Not that I care about mobile gaming at all, but in this case it's not about screen size, it's about the number of pixels. Full HD is still Full HD, whether on a 5" or a 50" display.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    And let's cut the bullshit here. Blizzcon is attended by a community of people that are a majority of PC gamers. Walking out on to that stage to announce a mobile game was never, ever going to go down well. Blizzard themselves cannot honestly believe that was not going to go that way. The fact that they have nothing to say on the front of a new Diablo game for PC/console tells you that the mobile game is the focus and the other game is the after thought.
    Yeah that was exactly why they announced hearthstone 6 months prior to the blizzcon, to not create false expectations about a project that might not be popular, and to be able to present the project thoroughly at said Blizzcon. They would have handled Immortal the same way, instead of building up the whole opening ceremony around it, things would have been smoother (not perfect, but far more manageable).