Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If they only did communicate from beginning how the islands and loot acquisitions worked this all shitstorm could have been avoided.

Pet battles, pets, toys, mounts, transmog...

Has WoW turned into a game for girls?

Ooh I like this new change. Absolutely agree. Way too many groups did not care about the cosmetics or mounts. There is major selfishness in many players. They feel they don't need it, or already have it, and almost on PURPOSE avoid those specific inhabitants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

So you don't try to collect things and get achieve points as the manly, manly man you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    Ooh I like this new change. Absolutely agree. Way too many groups did not care about the cosmetics or mounts. There is major selfishness in many players. They feel they don't need it, or already have it, and almost on PURPOSE avoid those specific inhabitants.
    Well, one could also suggest that you're the selfish one for wanting everyone else to kill the mobs you want to kill instead of taking the most efficient route to complete the island in time.

- - - Updated - - -

I still won't enjoy IE. It's just too RNG merged with too low drop rate. It's even worse than Timeless Isle, which I hate as I still miss most things from there despite camping and farming the shit out of that place. Wish I could do it on my own :P

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    So you don't try to collect things and get achieve points as the manly, manly man you are?
    I don't care about achievement points either.

WoW is just a boring collection game now...

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The "Gogogogogogo" crowd wins again. Participation must be really low for them to abandon the mechanics like this.
    well, it's not the players who made island exp a race with cheating AI

I don't care about achievement points either.

WoW is just a boring collection game now...
    Boring is a matter of opinion. I was bored doing M Progression so I quit and I don't anymore. Now I mostly level alts and collect stuffs

Thanks for the change and clarification hidden Blizz employees
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Well, one could also suggest that you're the selfish one for wanting everyone else to kill the mobs you want to kill instead of taking the most efficient route to complete the island in time.

- - - Updated - - -
    Never said I don't finish the expedition on time. I always plan on doing that. But one can do both at the same time. If running past a bunch of mobs that has a chance to drop a toy/ mount, you can target that mob and rare easily. It's about teamwork. Unfortunately not anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You mean they cut down from 13 class sets + recolours + generic PVP sets + PVP reskins. Plus 36 legion artifacts + 4 unique models + 4 reskins per model

But that's ok, we get battle pets instead!
    in legion we got sets redskin again and again in bfa we got sets split by horde and alliance that wernt just reskins for leveling, pvp, warfronts, raids, and were not just taking the same sets recolored again into the second raid and dungeons. Bfa has lets tier sets sure but it has more sets every where else.

Probably a good change with the islands, however the problem remains that the main reward is azerite, a non-reward mechanic that is only there to gate the weekly progress of your Progress Quest (sorry, you're more fun than it, i apologize) AP bar moving forwards on the neck. The content is also mob/rare grinding in a scenario, which can be fine but it's quite tedious to repeat without a variety of events, so let's hope that's being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    If you're joining a group specifically created to farm rares for toys, then it is indeed selfish behavior.

If you're using the random group finder, don't expect people to be there for anything but getting the island done as fast as possible in order to get their weekly cap. There's absolutely nothing selfish about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Now I mostly level alts and collect stuffs
    Collecting stuffs... I really don't get where the fun is in collecting things you'll never use. And paying a monthly sub for that.

what a crock of shit.... seriously? I'd like to know what that threshold was , I bet something lke 5% MAX... guess that will go away , have fun running thousands of IE with an even lower streamlined drop chance . So bold to even call it an improvement.. lol poor us..

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    what a crock of shit.... seriously? I'd like to know what that threshold was , I bet something lke 5% MAX... guess that will go away , have fun running thousands of IE with an even lower streamlined drop chance . So bold to even call it an improvement.. lol poor us..
    Why wouldn't it be an improvement?

Old system: Kill x mobs of type y to get your 5% drop chance for that category
    New system: Have mobs of type y on your island? 5% drop chance for that category

With the chance increased by dificulty (and the 5% being a completely random number)

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You mean they cut down from 13 class sets + recolours + generic PVP sets + PVP reskins. Plus 36 legion artifacts + 4 unique models + 4 reskins per model

But that's ok, we get battle pets instead!

Dude wth u stole my avatar.

jk i dont mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    over 1000 island exped and still no mount. oh well hope this gets better in 8.1
    WHAT? |You 've done 1000 expeditions? For real?
    I got like 30, never got anything, got bored , never did it again

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    what ever happened the the smart ai system.. where it reads what you have ?

Quote Originally Posted by Palemoon View Post
    Why wouldn't it be an improvement?

Old system: Kill x mobs of type y to get your 5% drop chance for that category
    New system: Have mobs of type y on your island? 5% drop chance for that category

With the chance increased by dificulty (and the 5% being a completely random number)
    Because knowing blizzard they will set the current max threshold to mythic and lower chances on normal and heroic , mythic IE sucks ass making the farm 10x boring

It's ALWAYS been a game for girls. Guys play it too, of course

Why do you think having fun things in a game makes it more for girls?