Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Deleted
    ill wait till they remake it with Male lead - these female leads just do not work.

Something juseemqeems off with the trailer. Is the character supposed to seem so aloof and bored with everything? The highlight of the trailer is Nick Fury gushing over the cat. Also the character seems ridiculously powerful and I'm afraid for what this means for the other characters/Avengers 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Incorrect.
    Great.

/chars

I'm gonna say it.. Carol Danvers is a bit of a boring character. I feel like she's been around for 50 years and nobody's really known what to do with her - that's why she's had so many reinventions or just disappears for ages for no reason (or has her powers stolen). In a way I'm glad she's stuck it out, and it felt like great progress for the character when she finally became "Captain Marvel". More recently though she's kinda been forced down everybody's throats which Marvel needs to realise hurts characters as much as it boosts their popularity.

It's understandable though, the vast majority of Marvels top female characters are wrapped up in their X-Men license or are parts of other teams so they need some more female characters to push for the movies. Danvers has a long history with the Avengers so she's a good call if they jetison most of her more "problematic" history.

I'm hoping Marvel Studios can turn it around for the movie though and make her a unique and interesting character. I think boosting her powers to the point she's deliberately unarguably+canonically more powerful than any and everyone else, for no reason, doesn't strike me as a good sign though.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Remus88Romulus View Post
    Don't know Cpt.Marvel from the comics or other movies/tv-series. So I don't know if that's supposed to be and is true to the source material.
    Cpt. Marvel in the comics isn't really so bland and disinterested, she's basically more an arrogant, obnoxious, bitch. During...House of M, I think, where reality was altered and all heroes were basically living their greatest desires? People like Spidey has a family with Gwen Stacy, visiting Uncle Ben and Aunt May, people like Punisher's family was never gunned down by the mob, and...Carol Danvers was the world's greatest, most beloved superhero.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2018-12-04 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Cpt. Marvel in the comics isn't really so bland and disinterested, she's basically more an arrogant, obnoxious, bitch. During...House of M, I think, where reality was altered and all heroes were basically living their greatest desires? People like Spidey has a family with Gwen Stacy, visiting Uncle Ben and Aunt May, people like Punisher's family was never gunned down by the mob, and...Carol Danvers was the world's greatest, most beloved superhero.

This year they have given her a soft reboot to her backstory and her comic is readable again (Life of Captain Marvel). Her run from 2012 to 2017 was horrid.

I was really into Warbird though, Carol Danvers as Warbird will always be my favourite, I loved her character back then, her 80's, to her late 90's run was probably my favourite Carol Danvers era. She was arrogant and stubborn. She was always this hot head overconfident making her very flawed. But she was still likable.

I know now days she has become the face of this 'SJW' comics movement and that is so sad, because she has always been such a great character the fact people are poisoning her character this way makes me sad. Give her new run a chance, I think people will like her again
    Last edited by mmocfb48d32508; 2018-12-04 at 04:56 PM.

"Kree are heroes."
    *chuckles*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "Kree are heroes."
    *chuckles*
    Noble warrior heroes, plz.

Eh, looks pretty generic, I'm not really into it unfortunately. She looks pretty OP and I'm not a huge fan of the marvel space stuff. Some is fine, but this just looks like another CG heavy origin story.

However

I am excited for the possibility of Rogue coming in and stealing her powers. I don't know if Marvel would really go for it, but I'd love to see that happen on the big screen.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

It looks fine imo. Movies are always more than just the lead character. There's only so much you can do with any character. I think Feige and the rest of his team know what they are doing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "Kree are heroes."
    *chuckles*
    Yeah..... There's some propaganda indoctrination going on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Inferiority complex much? :v She was so annoying during Civil War 2. Every page I wanted to bitch slap her hard. Hope they will spare us this version of her character.

Not really excited for the movie. She seems to be made into a one big Deus ex Machina for Avengers 4 (also, don't like prequels). What I hope though, is that movie will set up Skrulls for future Secret Invasion.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Yeah..... There's some propaganda indoctrination going on.
    It'd work for me if the "Supreme Intelligence" is in control.

Deleted
    Great. Another franchise down the drain because we need to empower women.

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-12-06 at 12:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacus View Post
    Great. Another franchise down the drain because we need to empower women.
    Soooo, it's bad they made her a woman when a source material character is also a woman? What?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Soooo, it's bad they made her a woman when a source material character is also a woman? What?
    My guess is he doesn't realize that the comic version is a woman, and he associates "Captain" with male, and was instantly triggered because he assumed they turned a male character female and decided not to think. Weird how you can't have a movie or comic with a woman superhero without it having some ignorant idiot chime in about how they're all pandering to SJW or some shit.

Or he's just a troll.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I can't imagine the person is actually serious and instead just trying to elicit a response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people say things to get hard off of the potential triggers.

Anyway, I am all for this movie.
    -K

I'm not a big Marvel reader, but even i think it smells like pandering to loudly proclaim her the strongest hero in the MCU.
    Shes not weak, far from it, but to put her over Thor, Hulk and others seems just ... over the top, no pun intended.

The trailers do not rise my interest in her stand-alone movie, and depending on how that one goes ... i might dread IW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    I'm not a big Marvel reader, but even i think it smells like pandering to loudly proclaim her the strongest hero in the MCU.
    Shes not weak, far from it, but to put her over Thor, Hulk and others seems just ... over the top, no pun intended.

The trailers do not rise my interest in her stand-alone movie, and depending on how that one goes ... i might dread IW2.
    Eh, I think they said that just to hype up the character, and the movie. We don't have a clear power hierarchy in MCU to tell whose the strongest, and bringing down Thanos will surely be a team effort.