Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Aside from the 100% lack of empathy, aren't they just blaming the victim? To me the above sound the same as someone saying the way to not get raped is "just don't dress like a slut, it's really not that hard".
    Job of being Wall Street executive is not known for selecting those with loads of empathy; some sociopathic and dominating tendencies can be more helpful for successful career there.

As such, plenty of them can be quite right worrying that they can look like an asshole - or perfectly aware that they are.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If they are avoiding women, it's probably for a reason. Probably best for these women to not work for men who have to force themselves to avoid them because they are scared they're gonna sexually harass them.
    Some people are afraid of false accusations, not that they're going to sexually harass someone. They're worried that their position and power makes them an ideal target for the very few women who are willing to take advantage of that to advance themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    Or more likely, they’re worried some woman will post a fabricated story on a forum and thousands of internet white knights will demand the head of the alleged perpetrator. Or did you think giving a platform to the Lena Dunham’s of the world wouldn’t have blow back? You think after Ford, Ramirez and Swetnick, reasonable men in positions of power wouldn’t be terrified at how quickly half the population jumps to a conclusion without a shred of evidence.

There are consequences in the real world. Just because google and Apple Pay lip service to far left, fringe ideas doesn’t mean you’ve won the culture war or the intellectual debate.

I wouldn’t hold it against a potential new hire, but the concern that some moron looking for a quick payout and 15 minutes is always going to be present.
    Nah if you have to actively avoid women to not be accused of sexual harrasment, you probably are likely to actually do it. The overwhelming majority of men don't commit sexual harrasment and are very very likely to not be accused of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If you can avoid taking those sorts of risks you do. Kind of like I lock my doors, I mean I could trust my neighbors or fellow citizens not to rob me, but I don't do that.
    Really, you let your neighbors control all aspects of your life like that?

So the men at these companies that the author looked at has such little self self restraint that they are unable to act as normal, decent human beings? Sounds like companies you just should avoid like the plague. Good to know. Also, this will just force quotas on these companies in the long run. I'm sure these insecure guys will love that, oh yes.

But no, MeToo has no made life harder for women. It has show us that some (way too many) men are absolute creeps and should be looked down apon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Some people are afraid of false accusations, not that they're going to sexually harass someone. They're worried that their position and power makes them an ideal target for the very few women who are willing to take advantage of that to advance themselves.
    I don't believe the overwhelming majority of men who do get accused of sexual harassment are accused falsely. Are there cases of false accusement? sure, but slim, and not a reason to avoid women at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Trust your fate to random strangers and relinquish all control over your life to these random strangers. I am not surprised this was your favorite part.
    Seriously dude, do you live in fear someone will accuse you of rape or something similar? I can't imagine how shitty of a person do you have to be to live in fear like that and the paranoia too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preventing a situation where it's your word against hers (aka automatically guilty).

It's sort of like driving a motorcycle. I'm not concerned with my ability to drive and follow the traffic laws and be safe. It's other drivers' actions (potentially malicious actions included) that cause me concern.

Jobs that I would have given to a woman 10 years ago, I now fill with men. Now I don't have to worry about someone working close to me developing a crush, getting upset when I turn them down, and trying to get revenge while cashing in on a payday (among many other possible scenarios that would be very annoying for me).
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2018-12-04 at 08:47 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    It's a logical result, no? These companies are easy targets for false accusations.

In the end the entire #metoo thing backfired so hard that women are suffering because of it. The real cases are now thrown in the same heap as all the fake ones.
    Not that feminists care though, they just want anarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is not mainly about men who are not able to control themselves. This is more about trying to remove any possibility that any type of accusations may occur. As in avoid any circumstances where it could occur and there can be no accusations. False or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    but it still confirmes what he said? that you get judged and then consequences show up before you are proven guilty. Just because you don't see it as a problem that is on you but it still exists.
    People get judged all the time, and have for thousands and thousands of years.

I have a potentially controversial solution to this problem.

When a male banker gets that dreaded call from HR about their anti-woman behaviour they can produce this impenetrable defense. Just show HR a picture of themselves sucking a really big cock. "Couldn't have been me, this picture shows that I don't even like woman that way."

That's gotta be the easier, saner solution than acting like a fucking professional right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Wow, they really don't trust themselves to keep their hands off, do they?
    I think they don't want to risk false allegations. If I'm never alone with a woman I can't be accused of anything. Are you people really that dense? I mean I've had a woman who was under me who wanted my job make bullshit accusations before. She didn't expect the other woman who was present to call her out for lying but she still tried nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So the men at these companies that the author looked at has such little self self restraint that they are unable to act as normal, decent human beings? Sounds like companies you just should avoid like the plague. Good to know. Also, this will just force quotas on these companies in the long run. I'm sure these insecure guys will love that, oh yes.

But no, MeToo has no made life harder for women. It has show us that some (way too many) men are absolute creeps and should be looked down apon.
    No, they fear lying cunts. They fear that a little flirting will be seen as offensive. The natural dynamic between men and women is being destroyed by ugly fat lying cunts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Aside from the 100% lack of empathy, aren't they just blaming the victim?
    Um, what? In order for it to be "victim-blaming", there has to be, you know, a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I don't believe the overwhelming majority of men who do get accused of sexual harassment are accused falsely. Are there cases of false accusement? sure, but slim, and not a reason to avoid women at all costs.
    The problem lies with the misconception about what sexual harassment actually is. First and foremost, it's only applicable in a workplace or professional setting. Additionally, sexual harassment generally requires multiple instances of a specific type of scenario. Someone overhearing a single dirty joke or saying something mildly inappropriate once isn't sexual harassment. So you've two ways it's being misunderstood: Guys thinking "anything" could be mistaken for "sexual harassment" and the would-be "false accusers" who think anything that makes them uncomfortable or offends them is "sexual harassment". This is why most companies have policies and training in this regard. That said, it's generally a good idea to not trust anyone. Most people are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    They fear that a little flirting will be seen as offensive.
    You shouldn't be flirting, even a little, in a professional setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    The natural dynamic between men and women is being destroyed by ugly fat lying cunts.
    Why are guys flirting with "ugly fat lying cunts"? Also, the "natural dynamic" between people is respect in a professional setting. It doesn't matter how fucking "hot" your co-worker is, flirting with her/him makes you the asshole.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-12-04 at 08:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, it's not something new, though the extent of it has increased. I still remember a friend of mine working as a university professor telling me he always left the office door open when meeting with young women, particularly students, and that was roughly 10 years ago.

I'm convinced the solution is not being an asshole, still, if your job is on the line, such simple precautions aren't exactly astonishing. I wouldn't go as far as avoiding hiring women though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    oh noes guys, how much must those wall street execs suffer while they gamble with other peoples money? My heart goes out to them.
    If you think it's only happening in wall st....boy do I have news for you...

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    If you think it's only happening in wall st....boy do I have news for you...
    ah yes, and Hollywood, oh, how those rich old fucks in the ivory towers can't grope the up and coming actress anymore, ooooh the humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

This is so funny to read. You're being intentionally moronic with this line of thinking. Lets say your argument is true. These men are showing a lack of restraint by... restraining themselves? They aren't being told to avoid woman. They are avoiding them of their own choice. AKA wouldn't that be showing restraint?

The real reason is men don't want to be falsely accused because even if the court finds no evidence of foul play the men can still be crucified. As someone that was accused of sexual assault in High School and the mere accusation of it had me nearly kicked out of the school because of something that was PROVEN false (Me on video almost 50 miles from the victim). You have to be a complete dumbass to have this line of thinking.