Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I don't believe the overwhelming majority of men who do get accused of sexual harassment are accused falsely. Are there cases of false accusement? sure, but slim, and not a reason to avoid women at all costs.
    It's just that the false accusal cases are highly publicized so it seems like it happens all the time, but really it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    ah yes, and Hollywood, oh, how those rich old fucks in the ivory towers can't grope the up and coming actress anymore, ooooh the humanity.
    You're dense, It's rippling through damn near every field.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't believe the overwhelming majority of men who do get accused of sexual harassment are accused falsely. Are there cases of false accusement? sure, but slim, and not a reason to avoid women at all costs.
    One case of false accusement is enough to ruin your entire life, so yeah, it's a good reason for these higher ranking dudes. It's like keeping a first aid kit in your car, or having an emergency bag, or a shelter in case of a bomb or tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Um, what? In order for it to be "victim-blaming", there has to be, you know, a victim.

The problem lies with the misconception about what sexual harassment actually is. First and foremost, it's only applicable in a workplace or professional setting. Additionally, sexual harassment generally requires multiple instances of a specific type of scenario. Someone overhearing a single dirty joke or saying something mildly inappropriate once isn't sexual harassment. So you've two ways it's being misunderstood: Guys thinking "anything" could be mistaken for "sexual harassment" and the would-be "false accusers" who think anything that makes them uncomfortable or offends them is "sexual harassment". This is why most companies have policies and training in this regard. That said, it's generally a good idea to not trust anyone. Most people are stupid.

You shouldn't be flirting, even a little, in a professional setting.

Why are guys flirting with "ugly fat lying cunts"? Also, the "natural dynamic" between people is respect in a professional setting. It doesn't matter how fucking "hot" your co-worker is, flirting with her/him makes you the asshole.
    I don't trust anyone, especially those who have to avoid women at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    I was being sarcastic you shrubbery. not that I particularly care if it is or not.

Preach all you want, but when a simple misunderstanding/miscommunication can lead to a lucrative lawsuit, especially against a wealthy target who may or may not deserve it you'll start taking their side too.

Or rather you will when it costs your company a million dollars, a month of bad PR, and the loss of incredible talent and more ammo for the alt-right basement dwellers to fling back at the left next election year.

These harpies are turning women into a liability. Even worse is the fabled wage gap;if I could get away with paying workers 25% less than industry standard...then I would-I'd only hire women at my company. And to be honest in most third world sweatshops they do just that.

Wow, the victim blaming in this thread...

Its not a fear of sexually harassing someone, its a fear they will be falsely accused.

I thought this part was interesting:
    “If men avoid working or traveling with women alone, or stop mentoring women for fear of being accused of sexual harassment,” he said, “those men are going to back out of a sexual harassment complaint and right into a sex discrimination complaint.”
    I remember I did ask out one girl that I basically mentored (she was leaving in a week). She said no, and that was that. We still remained friends and I continued to give advice to her when she asked.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust anyone, especially those who have to avoid women at all costs.
    The point was that, outside of something blatantly inappropriate like groping, etc, it's kind of difficult to make a false accusations of sexual harassment because it requires multiple instances before it even qualifies.

Women should thank feminists. They are doing them a big favor.

The point was that, outside of something blatantly inappropriate like groping, etc, it's kind of difficult to make a false accusations of sexual harassment because it requires multiple instances before it even qualifies.
    True, I completely agree

If they are avoiding women, it's probably for a reason. Probably best for these women to not work for men who have to force themselves to avoid them because they are scared they're gonna sexually harass them.
    No because a majority of these women would take one of those gestures as sexual assault. Look at the most recent one who hasn't been fired after 3 allegations thankfully although it's because he's a darling of the left and the left doesn't fire their own typically on the spot due to an allegation just calls for those who they don't like to have it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hangout with a lot of women 1 on 1 simply because my interest in lust is lower than most. Assuming you're a straight male, chances are you don't hangout with women 1 on 1 just because you can. There's always that underlining thought of "maybe this could become something" whether you're aware of it or not. That being said, I wouldn't mind hanging out with one if there were enough similarities, but I have more in common with the "bros" than I do the ladies. This whole "Fear women" stuff is just ridiculous. If you can't control what you say around someone or you can't control your genetic lust, then you should attempt some introspective.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Yeah, sexual harassment is a big problem.

Um, what? In order for it to be "victim-blaming", there has to be, you know, a victim. :rolleyes
    There have been victims of false accusations, many more recently it seems as the pendulum swings, and these are people taking steps to not become victims themselves.

Or just don't be a creepy bastard.

Maybe if woman wouldn't complain so much when they're victimized by their bosses, their careers wouldn't suffer so much.

Nothing new tbh, I've heard talk about such internal rules years ago from people that have enough to lose but not enough to silence any accusation.

I mean a couple of years ago there were warnings of not entering an elevator alone with a woman, frankly I took at as an excuse to hit the "close" button whenever I see one, saves me time as well . Jokes aside though, this is really nothing new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    There have been victims of false accusations, many more recently it seems as the pendulum swings, and these are people taking steps to not become victims themselves.
    Right. And I'm pointing out that someone has to be actually shifting the blame to an actual victim for it to be "victim-blaming".

Amusing how many posts are completely missing the point and asuming the opposite.

Deleted
    It's ironic how people complaining about sexism, racism, homophobia, whateverphobia actually gives companies an incentive to avoid people of those groups, because at least white, straight men won't complain about any of that shit and won't sue you over having said the wrong word or having looked at them in the wrong way. So they can focus on what they are there for. Making money.

So you are not doing any members of your group a favour. This is particularly extreme with these non-binary people. Who wants to risk being called a bigot just because they can't remember your pronouns. Much easier to just not hire you. There are more attractive alternatives available.