40 53.33%
  • Yes

17 22.67%
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)...

18 24.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pay for everything I use and want. I also don't return things because I changed my mind. Only if it is defective.
    Last edited by moremana; 2018-12-05 at 12:15 PM.

I have cracked tons of games over the years to try them out, most I never finish or even come close to finishing. The ones I like I buy and start a new game and enjoy the entire experience and give money to the people who made quality games. Games that are 20+ years old are fair game assuming remade ones don't come out and then you can use your discretion. 2 decades is lots of time to make a ton of money, if you have not made your profit by then maybe the quality of your game is not that great or you made some poor business decisions along the way.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Online games and offline games are two different things. You don't 'crack' an online game.

Can WoW be played without a subscription being paid? No. (Ignoring trial account)

Can WoW be played outside Blizzard servers? Well, yeah, obviously.
    Isn't playing WoW outside Blizzard servers playing it without a subscription being paid though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Loads of people have been using them boycott companies such as EA to avoid giving them money or if they don't have the money or want to spend it they crack media such as movies, TV shows, games, etc. However ISP and others have been cracking down on this because companies complaining back to them and their $$$ going down the drainer. I heavily dislike EA, one of the worst companies if not the worst company in the US. I think it is justified and that the current copyright acts are stupid. What do you think and have you ever used Crack?
    Only drugs I've had are Alcohol and Caffeine so nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't crack games often, but when I do, it's typically a campaign game that isn't worth $60. Most of the time when I crack, it's typically a Call of Duty title that I haven't played yet. Always enjoyed the campaign in those games but can't stand to pay $60 for rehashed multiplayer.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Isn't playing WoW outside Blizzard servers playing it without a subscription being paid though?
    Yyyes and no.

I mean, that really depends on who you ask. Private servers are not, technically, "WoW" in the traditional sense, because a lot of features are changed or modified. Single player cracked games are the actual game with usually no modifications (as long as there isnt an online component)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I meant co click no but accidentally clicked on yes.

Awesome.Now I'm a crack whore apparently.

Incidentally, why can't we change our votes on MMOC?

Ontopic though: No, never. Just don't see a reason to. People get seriously fucked up on anything worse than some weed. Its just a sef destructive drug.

Edit: OOOOOOOOOOH you meant crack as in Cracks, like games and piracy. Then absolutely, yes I have honestly. Some companies deserve to lose some profits due to shady ass business practices like microtransactions and lying to customers.
    Last edited by mmocfce39d790f; 2018-12-04 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Realised that the thread was really about.

goddamn, I was about to make a joke that I used crack for games.
    And ofc I have. Try before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Terminology of thread title is incorrect. In the correct context, it would be "Have you ever used a crack" Not "have you ever used crack".
    clickbait title is click baity >.>

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, I'm not a thief sorry. If I want to play a game I'll buy it. I like paid for my work, so I try to pay when I make use of someone else's wwork
    To be honest they have legit uses as well. I own actually two copies of microsoft flight sim 2004 because the first cd got fucked by massive scratches. Now I have also torrented the said game because installing from multiple cds is a hassle and I would need to use the external optical drive I bought from my mum which I don't know where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, I'm not a thief sorry. If I want to play a game I'll buy it. I like paid for my work, so I try to pay when I make use of someone else's wwork
    I got to tell you, feels good to see this. I agree 10000 percent and most of the people on gaming forums act like they're some righteous hero by not paying for stuff.

I torrented a few games ~15 years ago or so, but haven't in a long time. I'm a big proponent of paying people who produce games, and I think people who don't pay for games are scumbags. I don't care if you don't like the developer or you're broke and can't afford games, neither is an excuse for stealing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one that thought this was a drug question. Pity, I honestly was hoping to see if some of our fellow posters here are crack heads.

On topic, if I'm unsure about a game, I'll pirate it and try it for a few hours. If after 3-5 if I still want to play, I'll buy it. If not, I delete it.
    I do the same thing, It's not my fault devs don't put a 1 hour demo into their $60 games. s o r r y n o t s o r r y

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pirate games. I either buy them or I just don't play them. I'm not going to pretend that I have a right to play their games without paying for it just because I don't like DRM. If you want to "boycott" a company, you don't just use their product without paying for it. That's not how boycotting works.

10+ Year Old Account
    no.

but I have filled in a crack

with poly-filler

Ive tried mary jane and pain pills.... OH WAIT ITS NOT THAT KIND OF THREAD

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't pirate, no. Tbh most of the time if there is a game I'm vaguely interested in, I end up seeing parts of it from youtubers/streamers and will decide if I want it then. Unfortunately I only play PC games, so sometimes I'd have to wait for a PC release and lose interest by then.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I think op just won the misleading thread title of the year award

Deleted
    You mean crack as a "pirating" single player games?
    I thought it is about drugs lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes to pirate games, no to smoking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

This is not the thread I thought it would be.