Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's regrettably understandable. Even if you trust your HR department and the courts to eventually unravel and diffuse a false accusation, can you say the same thing about social media? How will you hold them account for spreading a false rumor? Sue all facebook users? Zuckerburg? All you'd need to do is to make a convincing enough post with plenty of emotion about being harassed, and then sit back. Morons these days click "share" before they even read posts.

"Don't be an asshole" is disingenuous. Obviously don't be a asshole, but realize that even if you're perfectly well-behaved, some one could accuse you and possibly get away with it. More likely, an awkward misunderstanding could spiral out of control. Personally I believe people are unrealistically unforgiving of people making mistakes nowadays, but that's a different discussion for another time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and no one is surprised at all lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Thats the question. When the accuser is to be believed without proof, how do you protect yourself from false claims?
    If people would actually just read the OP then it would become apparent that many just fear rumors in the first place as well, which require neither of the 1st hand parties to be involved in anything.

Before a year ago, it was impossible for a woman to falsely accuse a man of sexual assault/rape, apparently.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

When someone can torch your entire life and proof is no longer required, I say this is sound advice. I might even suggest body camera's anytime you are forced into one-on-one meetings.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If they are avoiding women, it's probably for a reason. Probably best for these women to not work for men who have to force themselves to avoid them because they are scared they're gonna sexually harass them.
    Yeah, the reason is a single accusation without evidence can tank their career in the current climate.

People acting surprised must be so deluded and out of touch it's unbelievable.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's a logical result, no? These companies are easy targets for false accusations.

In the end the entire #metoo thing backfired so hard that women are suffering because of it. The real cases are now thrown in the same heap as all the fake ones.
    Not that feminists care though, they just want anarchy.
    It’s no more logical then thinking you shouldn’t hire a man because he might randomly attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Before a year ago, it was impossible for a woman to falsely accuse a man of sexual assault/rape, apparently.
    Nah, but evidence was required before your life got burned down.

I completely approve of these rules.

You reap what you sow, #metoo people.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Nah, but evidence was required before your life got burned down.
    Not really any more than is required now. But w/e. The court of public opinion has never required evidence.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (source)

- No dinners with female colleagues.
    - Don’t sit next to them on flights.
    - Book hotel rooms on different floors.
    - Avoid one-on-one meetings.

Wall Street's controversial strategies for the #MeToo era are making life even harder for women, mentoring is hard to get, as well as any sort of contact between the sexes. So the Mike Pence rule is becoming much more of a standard in the business world.
    While Bob Filner was the ranking member of the Congressional Committee on Veteran’s Affairs, female Naval logistic officers wouldn’t meet with him unless they were accompanied by a male colleague.

So basically, nothing has changed.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    (source)

Wall Street's controversial strategies for the #MeToo era are making life even harder for women, mentoring is hard to get, as well as any sort of contact between the sexes. So the Mike Pence rule is becoming much more of a standard in the business world.
    Totally not the behavior of a bunch of fucking weirdo's that can't behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Wow, they really don't trust themselves to keep their hands off, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If they are avoiding women, it's probably for a reason. Probably best for these women to not work for men who have to force themselves to avoid them because they are scared they're gonna sexually harass them.
    Reading comprehension is not your strongest suit, huh?
    Last edited by Malaky; 2018-12-04 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (source)

Sad pathetic men who are afraid of big mean women. Its not as bad as facebook leads people to believe.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Reading comprehension is not your strongest suit, huh?
    not sure why you assume I'm not lumping the lady folk in there as well, bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I completely approve of these rules.

You reap what you sow, #metoo people.
    Yeah, how dare woman come out about what happend to them, they need to keep to the kitchen!

(/s for the mods).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    not sure why you assume I'm not lumping the lady folk in there as well, bud.
    Actually that's my bad, I copy-pasted the wrong post. Sorry.

Deleted
    I've always been socially awkward around people, and I have been pretty good so far and 80% of the people I work with are women lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, this is nothing new. I've long stuck to a rule of never being alone with a woman or a child. Always have witnesses to your dealings with them.

Yes, people might consider this to be absurd. But it's not new in the MeToo era, it has long been a facet of being male. Some people will assume you're a creep or dangerous until proven otherwise. I work in an organization full of little unwritten rules about how men should be treated. No men should be hired for positions that deal with children, for example. Men should always be observed and discouraged from being in areas where there are children.

Probably the most frightening thing that has happened to me in recent memory was being on the toilet at work and this little kid comes into the bathroom unattended and pulls on the stall door, which is locked. So he fucking crawls under the stall walls. That's a one-way ticket to jail for a man if someone else were to walk in at that moment.

So yeah, this isn't new. It's just part of being male, you become guarded with regards to interactions with certain people.
    Even worse when you're not white and the kids/women you're accompanying are Caucasian (looking).