Poll: Do you believe in Santa Claus is real?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The little ones like him, that's what it's all about.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw Santa today going down a canal on a Narrowboat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Telling my kids Santa is real is one of the things that bothers me the most.
    Seriously, every time my 5 year old daughter asks me questions about Santa I lose a little more credibility.
    When my oldest daughter found out at 9, it leveled her. I felt horrible over the whole thing.

I think we can celebrate Christmas and have Santa stuff just like how we celebrate Halloween and have ghosts and skeletons...etc.

I honestly think the whole damn lie needs to stop.
    Christmas was very special to me growing up and my sister helped weave the lie until I was like 9 or 10 but Christmas was not any better for the lie.
    It was the ambiance and the traditions we had. Mom had so many cool, old decorations and she baked the whole season. Gingerbread houses, spritz cookies, mondo bread, several different apple treats, Bing Crosby, the smell of pine. It was all these things that made Christmas great, not believing some big jolly fat guy was gonna give me the best gift.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

Do you believe in Santa Claus is real?

As in an actual magical living person right now, who has a naughty and nice list, has children sit on his lap and delivers presents to all good little boys ad girls all over the world on Christmas Morning?
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.

No, I never did. I had very liberal parents and I was raised in the 90's, so by the time I was 5 I knew my parents bought gifts because they told me and that Santa wasn't real. With cable TV, overall it was a very cynical decade and if you were raised by hippy wannabes then you really didn't have much in the way of traditional values.

It was almost the contrary, kids in my family were told to fear Santa, almost like Krampus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So, you think it's perfectly acceptable for me to clog the forums with "Do you believe in Unicorns?", "Cotton candy fields?", oooh, oooh "Is bigfoot real?"... how you got to 33k posts without being banned with that logic is unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty... horrible statement.

You definitely must not be someone in the other thread talking about facts, I guess.
    We are in a national and global holiday. Santa is a figure famous so seeing as it’s the holidays and fun nothing wrong with asking. As for Bigfoot it has been asked I don’t know about Unicorns because Unicorns aren’t as big.

As for the forms we have conversations about shit a lot more controversial. This here is just for topical coffee interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Coming from a poor background, I remember thinking I was a bad kid because the presents I got were so paltry and cheap, not at all of what I had asked for compared to the extravagant things the other kids in school would get. Some of those kids were really nasty bullys too.
    Yep had this same experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ask who the hell installed a chimney while I was sleeping, honestly.
    So then logically you’d ask for those special powers for Christmas
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Something relevant: Substitute teacher tells first-grade class Santa isn't real, prompting principal to apologize

A substitute teacher at a New Jersey elementary school may get put on the naughty list after telling a class that Santa Claus is not real and the presents left under the Christmas tree are put there by their parents.

Michael J. Raj, the principal of Cedar Hill Elementary School in Towaco in Morris County, told parents in a letter that the incident happened Thursday, and the school had talked to the substitute "regarding her poor judgment in making this proclamation," NJ.com reported.

"As a father of four myself, I am truly aware of the sensitive nature of this announcement," he said. "On behalf of Cedar Hill School, I apologize for this incident."

Raj said he wanted to alert parents of the situation in case their children bring it up.

"If the conversation comes up at home over the next few days you can take appropriate steps to maintain the childhood innocence of the holiday season," he wrote in the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well you'd better or you'll go to Hell to burn forever for your sins. Seems like a no-brainer on this one.
    idk what christianity you're thinking of, but the one i knew of growing up thought santa was a satanic scheme to "take jesus out of his birthday".

and i've literally never believed in santa. my mom told me exactly where my gifts came from, and it didn't take any magic out of christmas for me. snow, the tree, presents under it, all that was still there and i was just as happy unwrapping them as i would have been if i thought a fat dude magic'd his way inside my house and put them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you. Ruining the joy of children like that.
    They didn't know any better. Blame the parents, not the children.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The 22 ppl so far voting yes are trolling us? Or really serious?
    Voted yes for the luls. Can't really take a thread like this serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse he isn't real, we were all lied to as kids. Santa...the tooth fairy, the boogie man. All lies. To be honest though I atleast believed in the tooth fairy, but maybe peter pan had something to do with that, that and the money appearing under my pillow even though I didnt tell my mum I put a tooth there...

I used to believe in him but I am grown up woman now.

I didn't think religious topics were allowed here

No. The Santa Claus myth originates from Siberian Shamanism and the Amanita muscaria (Fly Agaric).

This mushroom grows underneath pine trees (Christmas presents)

They're caribou herders (reindeer)

Reindeer like to eat the Amanita muscaria (flying reindeer...)

The mushrooms are dried over a fire or hung right on the pine tree (stockings/tree ornaments)

During winter they gotta enter through their roof due to snow.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but you get the idea.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

I mean, even if nothing else (like common sense) convinces you, the modern visual style of Santa Claus was invented by Coca-Cola in 1931.

So no. It's not real.

lmao

I mean yeah, do people actually bother buying presents for their kids? They just appear under the tree...

Deleted
    More real than God.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    More real than God.
    i don't really get that.

santa is a magical dude, confined to one planet within the plane of reality.

a god is an architect being, existing outside of the planet and the space within which the planet resides.

in a sense, if this is all a computer simulation, the scientist in charge of overseeing it and tweaking things is god. he/she exists, but is outside all of our concept of reality, and it's entirely feasible that this is possible, because we can eventually do it ourselves.

imo, a god is much more possible than one random magical motherfucker breaking all laws of our universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't really get that.

santa is a magical dude, confined to one planet within the plane of reality.

a god is an architect being, existing outside of the planet and the space within which the planet resides.

in a sense, if this is all a computer simulation, the scientist in charge of overseeing it and tweaking things is god. he/she exists, but is outside all of our concept of reality, and it's entirely feasible that this is possible, because we can eventually do it ourselves.

imo, a god is much more possible than one random magical motherfucker breaking all laws of our universe.
    No, there is no God. It's a fictional being made up by man in order to explain things we do not understand, or cannot understand.

Only uneducated or stupid people could possibly think he exists.