Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That might be fine in personal litigation, IE two persons suing/countersuing over a discreet tort between them, like a car accident or your scenario you mentioned.

In the context of the thread though, a massive corporation usually has no basis for countersuing an individual plaintiff, and it's more cost efficient to settle. My dad was a banker who for 30 years got riled up any time someone filed a suit without merit, because the bank would just settle instead of incurring the cost of $1k/hour lawyers, because principle didn't matter as much as cost efficiency. To some effect, stock holders/the board of directors expect some amount of litigation, so settling a suit isn't seen as negative per se, even if there is no basis for the suit.
    It may not have mattered in the long run, but having a lawyer put 2k into a countersuit meant to get them to back off might have been more cost effective.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

the mother can shut the fuck up, stupid bitch.

don't name your kid something stupid people won't laugh.

If she's offended, FANTASTIC i love offended little snowflakes crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Not Lea. "Le-a".

Spelled Le-a. Pronounced Ledasha.

Because "the dash don't be silent".
    There's not enough nerve agent to euthanize all the stupid in the world.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Absidy.

At least it looks like a normal name and not somebody mashing their way through the alphabet. It's even kind of pretty sounding.

But instead they decided to be edgy and now their daughter is the one who lives with it.
    Ab City is a great name!

But no really, spelling it 'Absidy' would've spared a lot of heartache. It's still very unusual, but it actually LOOKS like a name than a string of letters someone mashed out on a keyboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Not Lea. "Le-a".

Spelled Le-a. Pronounced Ledasha.

Because "the dash don't be silent".
    I'll have to name my child Melody*, because the star don't be silent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'll have to name my child Melody*, because the star don't be silent.
    melody is another shitty name that shouldnt be allowed, basically anything thats a word shouldnt be a name

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    The publicity alone must warrant a few bucks in this day and age!!
    Just imagine the gofundme account for that poor traumatized child.

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    It may not have mattered in the long run, but having a lawyer put 2k into a countersuit meant to get them to back off might have been more cost effective.
    If you think you can get a lawyer to do anything in 2 billable hours, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the mother can shut the fuck up, stupid bitch.

don't name your kid something stupid people won't laugh.

If she's offended, FANTASTIC i love offended little snowflakes crying.
    Fucking hell, who hurt you?

There's not one person at fault here. The Airline staff should have ha the professionalism not to laugh, while the mother shouldn't have picked such a stupid name. Hold your sympathy for the child who chose none of this but is affected by all of it.

I foresee someone changing their name when they get older. Poor kid. This is almost as bad as the parents that named their son "Arthas". At least in that case the reference might be missed, but this is just stupid...

I hope she at least has a decent middle name she can substitute until she becomes older.

Abcde: the 'ridiculous' baby name that isn't actually that rare

"[It's] pronounced Ab-si-dee," the mum wrote in the forum Net Mums, adding, "I've never heard of this name before - has anyone else?"

While many had not, in fact, heard of the "ghastly" and "ridiculous" name, one mum discovered that (gasp) it's actually a thing.

The name garnered attention after a story about a seven-year-old girl with autism, called Abcde Santos (pronounced, "ab-suh-dee"), hit US news in 2014. Abcde of California was turned away by Santa Claus after waiting in line because he was scared of her service dog, a pit bull, CNN reported at the time.

Vocativ subsequently uncovered that there were 328 girls in the US with this unusual moniker. 328!

And while the first five letters of the alphabet seemed to reach their peak in 2009, with 32 babies called Abcde in that year alone, the name was also bestowed on 16 babies in 2013.

--------------------

I'll just call her "Dee."

Deleted
    Whelp, someone's conjured up a name less dignified than Biggus Dickus. Impressive.

They could have named her "Whisky Dick."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Give your kid a stupid name, then get mad when people predictably laugh at the stupid name. What a fuckin' troll.
    Pound those square pegs in round holes even if that isn't where they go. Seriously who gives a shit, it's her kid, it sounds a lot prettier than it looks.

The airline employees should be sued. Seriously should have kept their fucking opinions to themselves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Hhahahhahahahahhaahhahahahahahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Pound those square pegs in round holes even if that isn't where they go. Seriously who gives a shit, it's her kid, it sounds a lot prettier than it looks.

The airline employees should be sued. Seriously should have kept their fucking opinions to themselves.
    airline employees are not legally allowed to speak their opinions?

In New Zealand we have a guy named; Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova

Granted he changed it himself from losing a poker bet.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11217129

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    airline employees are not legally allowed to speak their opinions?
    Hell no! WTH are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If you think you can get a lawyer to do anything in 2 billable hours, good luck.
    You can if all you're doing is filing a countersuit. After that, usually the initial suit is dropped. They don't want to lose. It's how you get rid of frivolous filers. When you consider the normal settlement is 5 to 6 digits big, and if it seriously takes 15-30 billing hours to negotiate a dropping of a law suit, you're getting ripped off.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    1. Name your kid something you know will cause controversy
    2. Sue
    3. ????
    4. PROFIT
    Haha, that made me laugh thanks in part to the underwear gnomes from South Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    That's what happens if you don't have any regulations for naming kids. Stupid parents will give immensely retarded names to kids, and it's the kids who suffer for it.
    Well at least they can maybe change it themselves later. I know I would.