Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    I hear wod was lacking content, but what content really was lacking?
    WoD had enough content if you play casually enough to just enjoy the ride. It didn't have enough if you spend 4 hours every evening with WoW. Ironically Legion introduced optional endless grinds to give enough to counter this, but suddenly players felt pressured to spend 4 hours every evening.

Because BFA is just a lesser version of Legion. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Both sucked ass, WOD was cooler setting but all else sucked. MOP had lame ass setting and theme, but gameplay was good at least Enhance Shammy and Disc preiest as well as Prot Pally seemed good. But I hated both expansions equally MOP was the first xpac that made me Unsub.
    - Mop had lame setting and theme? Open your eyes when you move your character and read more than one quest then...
    - Mop Enhance Shammy had good gameplay? Please go take a look at what Mop shammy rotation and opening sequence was, then you might be taken seriously...

BC and Wrath, at the time, were years ahead of their competition and were acomplishing all sorts of things we had never seen before.
    BfA, on the other hand, is just more world of warcraft. There isnt anything innovative or grand about it. It's just more stuff to do. Which, I think, is just not what a lot of people are looking for anymore. There is just too many other games out there, doing new and exiting stuff, to make another round of leveling, world questing and so on interesting.

So it's fairly clear that Bfa will have a lower score than BC and Wrath.

But also, the technology gains in the last years shifted the power balance between marketing and influencers. Today it's a lot easier and more profitable to organize a hate mob than it was 10 years ago and at the same time consumers have gotten better at detecting marketing tricks.

Which is the reason why it has a lower score than WoD and why tons of other medium to bad games are currently sitting at lower scores than medium to bad games from a couple of years ago.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of people look at Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk in todays standard and call them "shit".

For their time and era they were amazing, but in retrospect I see even the systems of multiple difficulties and lockouts per week added in Wotlk , along with much easier Heroic dungeons started dumbing down the game already (especially after Ulduar the game changed direction)

TBC remains my favorite, but I also feel the most memories were made in it, in my personal experience, I played it twice, sort of, once hardcore US, and after that guild activity died, I started on EU (also due to time-zones and day-planning) and still ended up Clearing it all again including Sunwell.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-12-04 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    As someone who just wanted to raid at a high level and not give a fuck about anyfuckingthing else: WoD was great.
    This. /10char
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    - Mop had lame setting and theme? Open your eyes when you move your character and read more than one quest then...
    - Mop Enhance Shammy had good gameplay? Please go take a look at what Mop shammy rotation and opening sequence was, then you might be taken seriously...
    I don't read quests. If it is not part of the main WC3 story line then I could give 2 shits less. Don't get me wrong Mop Enhance was no where near as fun as Cata Enhance, but was better than BFA or Legion IMO.

User ratings on anything (television, movies, games, etc.) aren't worth much imo.

Warlords of Draenor is -way- too high for as much of a shitshow it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I would remove reforging costs, introduce profession-based items that allow you to change traits on the go (ie inscription or LW/BS/Tailoring consumables for different types of Azerite armor), make it easier to target Azerite and enhance the warfront and island expedition experience.
    Aren't they literally doing all that in 8.2? Except for the profession thing, and reducing not removing reforge costs.

Rating it below WOD is pretty absurd.

Hell, rating it at all when we haven't even released the first content patch yet isn't how they should approach it. First impressions are important and all, but they are actively working to address grievances with the core gameplay systems and we're seeing a lot of that in 8.1.

Plus they're adding fidget spinners, which should clearly bring it up to at least WOD's rating.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-12-05 at 12:23 AM.

Warcraft III was before the internet became a steaming pile of bad memes and trolling. No offense, MMO-champs. Comparing anything before, say, the last decade with now is just ridiculous by nature.

You're looking at a time period where Blizzard was loved for making excellent games and when the majority of internet users weren't overly petty trying to give outstanding games '0' to try and pretend their input on their pettier complaints have more meaning than they do (which is very little in most cases).

I am against metacritic even offering a user review score as it's just bullshit anyways. It literally means nothing to me. They just have it there so that the community can pretend like their input means something despite the fact nearly all of them lack even the most basic of tools and concepts to intelligently critique anything.

"omg luv dis gaem 10" "omg haet dis gaem 0" is how most user scales go, averaging out somewhere inbetween. If metacritic insisted on using a user rating, it would make since for it to have "I like this game" "I am neutral about this game" "I dislike this game", users don't think on a metric scale because they are not professional or analytical; I get that they are trying to make users feel like they are professional critics too but it's just ridiculous and goes nowhere. Steam has the best system for user reviews (IMHO) and even it is fairly bad.

The 3.1 of BFA in this case as example is literally just a bunch of angry, salty children giving the game '0' because they think Blizzard cares. (News flash: they don't) Look up these reviews and they will be filled with shitposts like 'omg wurst game evar' or 'lol i haet blizz' at worst, or even people who give detailed reviews that would lead to a 8 or 7 but give it a 0 because their emotion is stronger than their ability to think.

I've played BFA so I really don't care what people have to say about it. Reviews are useful to me before I buy a game or watch a movie, they are absolutely useless if I already have bought the game and played it. BFA as it is now would get a solid 8~ from me if I was forced to arbitrarily give a number to it before analyzing it. It has some severe flaws but a lot of potential. If those flaws are smoothed out it could easily go higher, if Blizzard builds on it (think MoP 5.0 to 5.4), it could easily be even greater. We'll just have to see.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-12-05 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    The score that puts MoP under WoD validates the score that put BFA on 3, they all sucked , but bfa is sucking way harder than mop and wod atm. Lets wait for 8.2
    It is all personal. You either like it or you do not. I like MoP more than WoD. My preference is no more valid than yours or anyone else. Some people praise TBC. I did not think it was all that great.

Right now, I think BFA is a decent expansion. Not quite as good as Legion but the zones are better. Certainly not as bad as some people make out. The only down side for me is the Azerite system.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    Aren't they literally doing all that in 8.2? Except for the profession thing, and reducing not removing reforge costs.
    They are for the most part, yeah. I think the island expeditions could've been simply explained better and could've used additional layers of content within them, instead of turning them into AoE fests with the only objective being to kill as quickly as possible, which is what they'll end up being for everyone in 8.1.

Metacritic user ratings gets most votes when the game actually launches. There wouldn't many of us that goes back now and vote for let's say WotLK, because no one really cares that much of something that is so old.

Metacritic is a good source to see how good received the games/expansion are at the start of it, and before. MoP wasn't hyped at all, while WoD was. That's why the ratings are like this.

Here's how you use a metacritic score. You take it and cut it in half, or you take it and double it. Sometimes you leave it where it is... meaning, it's all bullshit. All it takes is one angry or excited top page reddit post to destroy or empower whatever it is being reviewed. The internet works in shitty ways.

Simple answer: BFA is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Rating it below WOD is pretty absurd.

Hell, rating it at all when we haven't even released the first content patch yet isn't how they should approach it. First impressions are important and all, but they are actively working to address grievances with the core gameplay systems and we're seeing a lot of that in 8.1.

Plus they're adding fidget spinners, which should clearly bring it up to at least WOD's rating.

At least WoD had pretty good class design for the most part, and had actual character progression. All we have in BFA for character progression is neck levels that no one cares about. Oh and literally nothing new from leveling 110-120, we actually only lost things.
    Last edited by snackfeat; 2018-12-05 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Simple answer: BFA is garbage.

At least WoD had pretty good class design for the most part, and had actual character progression. All we have in BFA for character progression is neck levels that no one cares about. Oh and literally nothing new from leveling 110-120, we actually only lost things.
    What character progression did we have in WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What character progression did we have in WoD?
    We had the bonus passives from leveling and a new talent row, and gear progression that did not feel like playing a fucking slot machine.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason why a lot of perfectly good entries in franchises get shit on by the internet circlejerk machine. Once a community is thrown into a frenzy, either positive or negative, it's very difficult to stop. BFA isn't the greatest expansion, but it's not the worst or even second worst. On the flip side of that The Witcher isn't a particularly great series of games, and even the fans will tell you the combat is shit, but it's very highly rated.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    We had the bonus passives from leveling and a new talent row, and gear progression that did not feel like playing a fucking slot machine.
    So in other words very lackluster.