Poll: Shoes in the house, ON or OFF?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Your shoes are flithy. Why the fuck would you want that all over your house?

15+ Year Old Account
    why stop at shoes in my house everything is off.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Live in South Korea, always shoes off. There are even restaurants with a rule against wearing shoes inside. You get a pair of slippers.

Yeah, some places insist you wear the provided slippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, some places insist you wear the provided slippers.
    Yep, usually not an issue for me, unless I'm going sockless with sandals, in which case I will avoid those places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I keep my shoes off but every now and then I'll have em on if I'm going to be going in and out a lot. It's only really a problem if you have carpets imo. I also don't ask people to remove their shoes because I feel like it's annoying as fuck but I'll respect somebody's own house rules if I'm going over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wearing shoes in the home is a sin, punishable only by the most painful of deaths.

Shoes on in the house seems like an almost entirely American thing, I've only ever heard of it there. Never seen it in Canada or the EU, and most of Asia would be horrified if you even mentioned doing it.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

such heresy. what kind of good mannered person would enter a house with shoes on.
    god i had an american friend who lived with his dog and partied everyday shoes on. the filth on the floor was disgusting plus the smell,

I have house shoes that are only used inside the house. I have a tendency to bash my toes into things when I'm not wearing shoes.
    Signature not found

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I pull a Fred Rogers and swap for a pair of shoes I only wear in the house.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    There are outside shoes and there are house shoes. If you have carpet and walk barefoot, your foot sweat will quickly stink up the house.

i have a pair of sneakers for the house and one for outside.
    slippers or not doing it for me . i need warm feet.
    but yeah - technically i have my shoes on in the house - but basically its as everyone else does: off for cleanlyness

Deleted
    Off.

But i'll always insist on guests keeping them on. Don't ask me why; i don't know.

Off.
    Under certain circumstances the host might ask everyone to keep theirs on.
    In that case everybody stays in the public parts of the home.
    This only happens for big or formal gatherings or in case of certain kinds of strangers visiting.

I always walk around my house with shoes on. And never once have I encountered someone who requires or requests people take their shoes off in their home. In fact I don't think I've ever taken my shoes off in someone elses house. Except that one time I was house sitting for my aunt and uncle. And I slept and showered there, so obviously my shoes were off for that. Although, admittedly I have slept with my shoes on before, due to unintentionally falling asleep. Generally the only time I see people in their homes without shoes on is if they haven't had a reason to put them on yet. : |

Off, i have family who are farmers who kept it on in their house, and they are always amazed on why I don't have mold in my house.

Deleted
    People who take their shoes of in their house are contributing to the allergy pandemic or live in uncivilised areas with dog poo ridden streets.

5+ Year Old Account
    if u walk into my home with shoes on i will throw u out...

Deleted
    You want some sweaty/smelly socks in your house instead?