Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I mean, if you are not enjoying the game why would you need other people to try and convince you to keep playing?

As far as the characters being stupid goes, that is sort of the entire point of the story. I still don't understand how anyone is surprised by that fact though. Did you not play the first RDR? RDR2 was always going to be a game about the downfall of the gang. If they were a bunch of super clever criminals, they would not have ended up in the position they were in at the start of RDR.

Do you need PS plus to download patches?
    @Tech614

i didnt even connect my ps4 to the internet when i moved in to a new place without having ps plus subscription thinking i wont be able to do anything without it. are you sure im still able to download patches? what is ps plus for then? can i play rdr online too without it?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    @Tech614

i didnt even connect my ps4 to the internet when i moved in to a new place without having ps plus subscription thinking i wont be able to do anything without it. are you sure im still able to download patches? what is ps plus for then? can i play rdr online too without it?
    You can download patches without PS+ and play F2P games/use free services on PSN, you just can't play non-F2P games/MMO's online. You'll need it to play RDRO.

@Tech614

PS Plus is not a requirement for using the internet on the PS4. PS Plus is just a subscription service that gives you plenty of perks, and is a requirement for accessing certain online features of certain games. Patches for games are not on the list of things you need PS Plus for.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Tech614

Pretty sure you only need PS Plus to play online games. Without it you can still download patches as well as access the Playstation store to buy games and download demos. Plus, unlike on the Xbox, you don't even need PS plus to play f2p games like Fortnite and Warframe. I believe you can play Warframe without Xbox gold but there are some limitations on joining parties and/or group chat.

needing to have ps+ for simple patch updates would be some bethesda/EA/activision level shit.

Shit better not mention it too much, the gaming gods will get wind of it and get ideas.

According to polygon Rockstar are making changes to the economy based on player feedback.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/3/18...oney-gold-bars

“The game has been developed so that we will be able to quickly make any adjustments like these,” Rockstar said, “and we plan to get updates out as early as the end of this week with more updates to come next week. Feedback from the community has been invaluable, and we will continue to keep you regularly updated as things progress...”

Let's see how that goes I guess. Personally I wouldn't mind the other activities getting a decent boost on both currencies, because other than the character deleting thing llamaking mentioned, hunting and doing hideouts on the hope you get a treasure map as the only good ways to gain money is hardly fun enough to keep people invested long term.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2018-12-05 at 05:09 AM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

If you look at the big online games they all have one thing in common. Pvp. Competition and social interaction is what keeps online games alive.

You get rare exceptions like MMO's but they provide content through expansions or a subscription.

Quite unrealistic to expect a game to satisfy you forever unless you find the social/competitive elements of it fun.

RDO: Another fine addition to the legacy of Live (Gambling) Services.

"Making changes based on player feedback" my ass. You know they aren't acting in good faith. You don't layer money sink upon money sink and look at metrics that show you earn 1 gold bar every 2 hours and charge 12 gold bars to skin your pistol grip and not know you're trying to take the piss out of people. Fuck them.

They intentionally went super overboard so they can walk it back from 2000% ridiculous to 1500% ridiculous and be like LOOK WE'RE LISTENING...
    Think of how many hundreds of hours of content the base game for $60 got you, then look at the cost/time value of shit in RDO and tell me with a straight face it's worth even bothering.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2018-12-05 at 06:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    According to polygon Rockstar are making changes to the economy based on player feedback.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/3/18...oney-gold-bars

“The game has been developed so that we will be able to quickly make any adjustments like these,” Rockstar said, “and we plan to get updates out as early as the end of this week with more updates to come next week. Feedback from the community has been invaluable, and we will continue to keep you regularly updated as things progress...”

Let's see how that goes I guess. Personally I wouldn't mind the other activities getting a decent boost on both currencies, because other than the character deleting thing llamaking mentioned, hunting and doing hideouts on the hope you get a treasure map as the only good ways to gain money is hardly fun enough to keep people invested long term.
    Take that with a metric ton sized grain of salt because let's not forget that Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Rockstar's publisher Take-Two Interactive, said just last year that they felt they were "under-monetizing" users. LINK

I actually wonder how much control Rockstar actually has over stuff like that. I would think that Rockstar just makes the content but the publisher would ultimately be the one who decided what to actually charge for micro transactions and DLC and such. Could be wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i somehow managed to duplicate my red chestnut arabian in my camp.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit disappointed in the online stuff, whilst having fun with my friend, its mostly just dickheads running around shooting people with no real consequences. I logged in and within 30 seconds someone had set an assassination mission on me and chased me for 6 minutes, fucking boring and pointless, all I wanted to do was log in, join my friends posse then do some of the main story together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Rockstar keeps that shit out of the SP unlike some people *cough UBISOFT cough*.
    you're full of shit and biased as fuck, ACO MT's are optional and pointless and in no way required to complete the game, you're just hating on the MT's.

then rockstar does it in online mode and oh hey it's perfectly fine.

just tag yourself "rockstar fanboi" so people can not have a pointless discussion with you.

personally i love games from both companies and both have optional MT's but someone has to tell you to stop dribbling in every thread whining about ubisoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you're full of shit and biased as fuck, ACO MT's are optional and pointless and in no way required to complete the game, you're just hating on the MT's.
    Agree. You can say alot about Ubisoft, but they did a good job includeding all MTX stuff into Reza RNG chest (AC: Origins). Without paying a single $ on top of game price I've managed to collect almost all MTX stuff.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the same game that everyone said was made better after you buy microtransations? I never thought I'd hear anyone defend yoobisoft and their appalling micro transactions.

So many confused people in this thread.

But I'll keep it simple.

Some people dont give a fuck about online gaming. Shocker I know.

Why are you comparing MT's in a single player game (AC:O) to a game that doesnt have MT in single player but does online (RDR2)????

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you're full of shit and biased as fuck
    No, I'm correct and factual.

Ubisoft has MTs in SP.

Rockstar does not have MTs in SP.

Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Is this the same game that everyone said was made better after you buy microtransations? I never thought I'd hear anyone defend yoobisoft and their appalling micro transactions.
    Haven't played AC:O, but apparently Ubisoft released a patch after people complained that basically rendered the MTs unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Haven't played AC:O, but apparently Ubisoft released a patch after people complained that basically rendered the MTs unnecessary.
    They were never "necessary" though, they were always optional.
    @draykorinee no, Red Dead Redemption 2 is not the game you're referring to, that was Assassin's Creed Odyssey (the one with MTs) which is still an amazing game. The controversial MT was a permanent 50% experience boost, which while very helpful in reducing the number of side objectives you needed to do in order to level up, was not at all required. I understand the vitriol about it, but to say that it's "required" is a horrible overstatement, there's PLENTY of stuff to do in game to get you to max level and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Which is basically admitting you where scummy in the first place, balanced your game around MTs in the SP and trying to drive people to them and are now trying to save face with a "nah we didn't mean for it to be so grindy!" patch.

Or basically the same shit you see these publishers try with MP games. Ubisoft and WB are the only ones to go full in trying to push that shit in SP as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They were never "necessary" though, they were always optional.
    @draykorinee no, Red Dead Redemption 2 is not the game you're referring to, that was Assassin's Creed Odyssey (the one with MTs) which is still an amazing game. The controversial MT was a permanent 50% experience boost, which while very helpful in reducing the number of side objectives you needed to do in order to level up, was not at all required. I understand the vitriol about it, but to say that it's "required" is a horrible overstatement, there's PLENTY of stuff to do in game to get you to max level and beyond.
    I've seen plenty of reviews that said the game felt grindy the further you got into it. Which seems fishy considering the MTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Which is basically admitting you where scummy in the first place, balanced your game around MTs in the SP and trying to drive people to them and are now trying to save face with a "nah we didn't mean for it to be so grindy!" patch.

Or basically the same shit you see these publishers try with MP games. Ubisoft and WB are the only ones to go full in trying to push that shit in SP as well.
    I'm not defending them, in fact I think MTs in Single player games generally have no justification. Multiplayer is a different story if the developer is providing free multiplayer content updates.