Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Why group play and matchmaking lacking so much in poe? then why this game required online play when group play is completely ignored? beside trading which we have this in d2 also and we have offline play.

This may blow your tiny little mind, but it is online because it is free...their whole monetization models relies on it being 100% online so you don't cheat your way to free MTX.
    Group play is pretty easy and straight forward.

Deleted
    Thinking about going for a Lancing Steel build for the league start.

Currently i'm looking at Duelist - Champion, Physical dmg crit build with Lancing steel, using one-hand sword and shield in off-hand.
    Been trying out different skilltree setups, some going more Marauder area for phys and some more Duelist/ranger area for more Crit.

But if anything i might just go a typical Spectral Throw build and switch out ST for Lancing steel since the abilities seem to work and interact in the same way.

im sort of torn between trying the new brand skills, the new cold occultist, or champion lancing steel
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I'm wondering how banners work - do they give the buff to the character it's carrying it (so i can leave it permanently up like an aura)? I think the impale and/or physical one would be a nice addition to my CoC/Cyclone Scion.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Path of Exile on PlayStation 4 Release Delay

When we announced Path of Exile for PlayStation 4 earlier this month, we indicated we were aiming for a December release. Unfortunately, we have had to revise this to early February. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience this causes, because we know there are many players looking forward to this release.

We underestimated the amount of work it would take to finish the certification process during the busy Christmas period. While we hope to have everything ready in January, we feel a lot more comfortable promising early February as a target release window. This will also give us time to work on game performance/frame rate, which we feel could be improved before release.

Again, we're very sorry about this. We understand that many PlayStation users were keen to play Betrayal over Christmas and have been eagerly awaiting release date news. We promise that Path of Exile will be awesome on PlayStation 4 when it is released early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm wondering how banners work - do they give the buff to the character it's carrying it (so i can leave it permanently up like an aura)? I think the impale and/or physical one would be a nice addition to my CoC/Cyclone Scion.
    The banners were described in more detail here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253788
    In short, the first time you cast it, it basically functions like an aura (while you're holding it). The second time you cast it, you plant it and it becomes a stationary AoE buff, whose potency/duration/radius are increased based on the number of enemies killed while you were holding it.

EDIT: Oh right. One banner improves based on the number of enemies killed, the other banner improves based on the number of times you've impaled an enemy, so you can build that one up even against a single boss.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2018-12-05 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post

EDIT: Oh right. One banner improves based on the number of enemies killed, the other banner improves based on the number of times you've impaled an enemy, so you can build that one up even against a single boss.
    That's exactly what i was thinking about - cast banner, funnel impale stacks via cyclone/ek, drop it at max stacks (or whatever) and enjoy damage.
    Better than usual auras imho (i want to avoid auras this time).

EDIT: from that post wording, it appears that banners basically grant the effect permanently and passively while you're carrying them, but only to you; then dropping will share the bonus to other players in party.

Meaning, since i play SSF exclusively, that for me it's going to work exactly like an aura and won't need to drop it anytime (since the bonus is constantly up on me).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-12-05 at 03:21 PM.

That's exactly what i was thinking about - cast banner, funnel impale stacks via cyclone/ek, drop it at max stacks (or whatever) and enjoy damage.
    Better than usual auras imho (i want to avoid auras this time).

EDIT: from that post wording, it appears that banners basically grant the effect permanently and passively while you're carrying them, but only to you; then dropping will share the bonus to other players in party.

Meaning, since i play SSF exclusively, that for me it's going to work exactly like an aura and won't need to drop it anytime (since the bonus is constantly up on me).
    The post says that a planted banner has increased effect based on stages (and also temporarily grants Fortify or Adrenaline based on which banner), so I assume that planting it still does grant improved effects for you.

And the banners while held also improve allies (which may not be relevant to you except your minions/totems). But yeah, a held banner will act just like an aura, but it might not technically be one in terms of what passives and modifiers affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    The post says that a planted banner has increased effect based on stages (and also temporarily grants Fortify or Adrenaline based on which banner), so I assume that planting it still does grant improved effects for you.

And the banners while held also improve allies (which may not be relevant to you except your minions/totems). But yeah, a held banner will act just like an aura, but it might not technically be one in terms of what passives and modifiers affect it.
    That makes sense. We'll see how it fares, looks just good as an on-demand burst which is something PoE was really missing imho. I'm all for a classic/oldstyle "focus on few skill and make all synergies" but gameplay needs some more "active time" especially for some builds. Basically, a couple more button to press doesn't hurt.

That makes sense. We'll see how it fares, looks just good as an on-demand burst which is something PoE was really missing imho. I'm all for a classic/oldstyle "focus on few skill and make all synergies" but gameplay needs some more "active time" especially for some builds. Basically, a couple more button to press doesn't hurt.
    I feel that you could get fine on-demand burst buttons via Vaal skills and Flasks, personally. There's also that new Focus skill coming out which might interest you too. (Focus is a new skill that does nothing on its own, but there will be some items that grant effects when you Focus.)

But either way, banners do look like they could be fun to use.

The problem is that more buttons to press and putting down banners interferes with the 'go faster' meta so if its good but slow its still useless in the eyes of the community.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Man...I'm gonna have to give this another go after this update, aren't I : (

RIP another few months of me getting into the game before dropping it again as I've never been able to stick around.

Picking up and dropping as seasons progress is how many many people (myself included) play this game.
    It seems to be their business model really with how much seasons change things ups (looking at you D3...)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

RIP another few months of me getting into the game before dropping it again as I've never been able to stick around.
    I can't make it to end game b/c of the slog to reach it. The slog is fun though, so I come back every single time. I've yet to even run a map or do anything noteworthy, but still try.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account

One of us, one of us... xD

Friday can't come quick enough, really looking forward to this league!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem is that more buttons to press and putting down banners interferes with the 'go faster' meta so if its good but slow its still useless in the eyes of the community.
    I get the point. Fortunately, i play SSF and meta is basically the exact opposite way i like to play. I prioritize build archetypes over ultraefficiency, while trying to get the most out of my build.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here Read above - non-meta play only makes everything longer but it's fun to get back to the game periodically and try new stuff. Acts after the revamp are starting to get boring again, but i like the journey, not the arrival

Quick question. I haven't played this game quite a while, but when I did, the combat speed was awkward. Many time I'd hit an ability and it wouldn't go off because another animation was still happening or something like that. In Diablo 3, everything is very fluid in this regard. I heard that this has been changed recently and it is much more fluid now. Is this correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this on poe.trade the other day while looking for upgrades for my various builds. Plugging this into PoB, this QUADRUPLES the DPS of my RF Inquis O_o

Really trying to talk myself into buying it...I just rarely ever play my RF char anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I found this on poe.trade the other day while looking for upgrades for my various builds. Plugging this into PoB, this QUADRUPLES the DPS of my RF Inquis O_o

Really trying to talk myself into buying it...I just rarely ever play my RF char anymore.
    Im still a nub on trading, so I have to ask, why is it so expensive if it only has one resistance? I thought the best items had +life, +res1, + res2 .