Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It wouldnt look all that much better. No sense in waiting.
    It's more the thought of them doing RE3 afterwards and then being able to get them on the same system.

But I've currently got the overpriced Collector's Edition on order with GameStop. I'll probably keep it unless eBay lunatics are throwing double and triple retail at it. There's a point where other people's insane offers outweight my collector mentality. Like Ted DiBiase always said, "everybody's got a price."

(And before anyone jumps me about it... if I flip, I usually just list it at retail price and let bidders decide what they're going to pay for it rather than listing for 3x retail as the starting price)
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-12-05 at 08:40 PM.

Looks great but why change gameplay/camera mechanics? I've missed RE1/2/3 back in PSOne days and bought RE1 remaster in October and hoped to play the second one too but it's not really "2"?.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2018-12-05 at 08:42 PM.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It's more the thought of them doing RE3 afterwards and then being able to get them on the same system.

But I've currently got the overpriced Collector's Edition on order with GameStop. I'll probably keep it unless eBay lunatics are throwing double and triple retail at it. There's a point where other people's insane offers outweight my collector mentality. Like Ted DiBiase always said, "everybody's got a price."
    Just get it on pc if it matters. Also, ps5 might be bc and so youd have that anyway.

Just get it on pc if it matters. Also, ps5 might be bc and so youd have that anyway.
    Hoping it is. I imagine with blu ray still being the standard format, PS4 discs will be playable on PS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Because official record, statements written to maximize public appeal and generate sales, are always how it actually happens.
    How would they know that it would be a profit if people didn't voice so adamantly about wanting it? I mean, biggest way to make profit is to release a product people want. Profit is the reason they are doing it, yes. But fan voices is what made them realise they could make profit with it.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit of a shame it's late in PS4's life and makes me debate waiting a little longer to see if a PS5 release happens. I'd love a remastered 1-3 (plus Code Veronica) all on a single system.
    This is Capcom. They're going to re-release this game then re-re-release it and then re-re-re-release it. I can't even count how many times they released the original Resident Evil 2.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hoping it is. I imagine with blu ray still being the standard format, PS4 discs will be playable on PS5.
    Its been patened, but still a rumor. And really, probably best on pc anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    This is Capcom. They're going to re-release this game. Re-re-release it and then re-re-re-release it. I can't even count how many times they released the original Resident Evil 2.
    Not that many times. Its re4 thats been released on literally everything since the gc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that many times. Its re4 thats been released on literally everything since the gc.
    Found it. RE2 has been re-released 7 times. 8 if we're counting REmake 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    How would they know that it would be a profit if people didn't voice so adamantly about wanting it? I mean, biggest way to make profit is to release a product people want. Profit is the reason they are doing it, yes. But fan voices is what made them realise they could make profit with it.
    Do you truly think the primary metric multimillion dollar businesses use to start production are the straw polls and fan posts on gaming forums? It might have helped a smidgen of an inch, but people believing that their fan power has the ability to make movements in companies are deluding themselves.

Its been patened, but still a rumor. And really, probably best on pc anyway.
    It'll always be best on PC (outside of broken ports), but I'm a peasant.

Do you truly think the primary metric multimillion dollar businesses use to start production are the straw polls and fan posts on gaming forums?
    No, never claimed such either. I do however think market research, which includes fans and social media, is a primary metric. Any business does market research to know what people want and if it's a market for the product they are about to produce. No one in their right mind would ignore it and start producing things blindly.

Do you truly think the primary metric multimillion dollar businesses use to start production are the straw polls and fan posts on gaming forums?
    I'd imagine it's a tool they use to gauge interest before they released some actual questionnaires of their own for proper marketing research before deciding to explore and green light the project. It may not be the primary metric, but they've noted that the continued, persistent, fan interest is what made them finally decide to explore it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Found it. RE2 has been re-released 7 times. 8 if we're counting REmake 2.
    Re4 is at 12, 13 when the switch port comes out next year. Just lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re4 is at 12, 13 when the switch port comes out next year. Just lol.
    And they all have slight differences! That's how it was with the RE2 ports anyway. They really soaked me good.

15+ Year Old Account
    And they all have slight differences! That's how it was with the RE2 ports anyway. They really soaked me good.
    Some of them, but they arent as diverse as the re2 changes. Especially the ps360 to ps4/xbacks juan ports.

It's a bit of a shame it's late in PS4's life and makes me debate waiting a little longer to see if a PS5 release happens. I'd love a remastered 1-3 (plus Code Veronica) all on a single system.
    Well the PS5 will be fully BC with PS4 games, So its up to you on if its better to wait 2-3 years for that or just buy it now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Looks great but why change gameplay/camera mechanics? I've missed RE1/2/3 back in PSOne days and bought RE1 remaster in October and hoped to play the second one too but it's not really "2"?.
    Because RE7 is the best selling Resident Evil of all time so they want to copy its setup (but not 100% copy) cause its clear people liked it.

Personally I am really happy they did because fuck the Tank controls that RE1-3 had.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you truly think the primary metric multimillion dollar businesses use to start production are the straw polls and fan posts on gaming forums? It might have helped a smidgen of an inch, but people believing that their fan power has the ability to make movements in companies are deluding themselves.
    And yet fan power does that time and time again.

But feel free to ignore reality.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

According to the devs in an interview its because of the lighting. The original game was pre rendered so it was easy to set up things to scare in terms of reveals like a sound of something around a corner. In the Re engine the way lighting works they couldnt get the licker introduction to work the same way, but a licker crawling of of the shadows has the same effect as the original but without the need to lock the camera in a way that would make a bunch of the hard L's in the PD's layout not work unless the station had for some reason set up a bunch of floodlights in the same areas and that leads into the same issue you have in games like The Last of Us with glaring yellow rails and ladders with a standing lamp or floodlight pointed right at it. So they changed it to RE4 style where leon with a flashlight means you can have places where the powers out and leons limited light radius means it does the same effective function as the fixed camera where you rarely see the whole room and you can reveal something coming towards you that you didnt see even if you point at it. Which they kind of did with better audio in RE7 but this from a gameplay standpoint makes more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason why I am not as upset about the camera as some are (on here and other forums) is because they've found a measurable way to really dial up the atmosphere by creating a claustrophobic, hostile environment in spite of the fact that we can now see ahead of ourselves rather than going frame by frame to create suspense. They've increased the density as well as the overall threat of the zambambies too along with the whole "world of wetness and darkness" which all rolls in to creating an anxiety-inducing experience. Hopefully. The hit detection looks absolutely disgusting too!

Nothing will replace RE2 for me. It's my GOAT title but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate how this title is shaping up to be and Capcom has a pretty fantastic record when it comes to remastering RE titles. I'm not one for Deluxe Editions but for the soundtrack swap it's well worth the extra $10 too. Not going to pre-order though.

I can't wait to play it. Going to be 1998 all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to break it to you, but that remaster that was recently released was not the PSOne version of RE1 either. It's a remaster of the RE1 remake that was released on the Gamecube and the relationship between this new version of RE2 and the original is remarkably similar to that of that RE1 remaster and the original PSOne release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because RE7 is the best selling Resident Evil of all time so they want to copy its setup (but not 100% copy) cause its clear people liked it.

Personally I am really happy they did because fuck the Tank controls that RE1-3 had.
    I don't think this has anything to do with RE7 and I am pretty sure the RE2 remake was in the works long before RE7 was released. People have been wanting a RE2 remake ever since the RE:make was released. This game has far more in common with that game and RE4 than it does with RE7.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with RE7 and I am pretty sure the RE2 remake was in the works long before RE7 was released. People have been wanting a RE2 remake ever since the RE:make was released. This game has far more in common with that game and RE4 than it does with RE7.
    Besides the game not being in first person it handles the same as RE7. People got tired of the action pack over the top michael bay RE crap they pulled with RE4-6. They could have went that route but didn't, they could have went the RE1 Remake route but didn't.

They went the RE7 route.

Small Inventory system.
    Tight Controls.
    Liner map layout.
    Scary Atmospheric.

I'm sorry but this game is far more closer to RE7 then RE4-6.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD