Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    you know a sign of depression is not finding joy in things you used to find joy in anymore...

just saying
    Yeah, I forget. Bowling and other hobbies change every patch- Wait shit, they don't nerf the fun things in bowling and make changes that make the game no longer fun to many.

"just saying".

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    Asmongold is right blizzard betrayed us the people how made them all rich. fuck blizzard.
    Casuals that subbed for 10+ years and/or payed for lots on microtransactions made them rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Sanctum View Post
    Question: When does someone saying "the game is rubbish" or "The game is boring" make them factually correct for everyone?
    Answer: It doesn't.

Asmongold, who I am sure is a swell guy, I don't watch his streams, but I have seen some of his opinions, his head seems in the right place, but his opinion is that, and doesn't speak for everyone. I personally am still enjoying and finding lots to do in game. Is the game perfect? No, there are some problems with BfA but the game is far from boring.

But that's my opinion too
    It's factually correct for a majority of the WoW playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    He could get good at pvp, he could do those lame just chatting channels. He could take up poker, play fucking dnd. Possibilities are endless on twitch. WoW is a game, no game is fun or interesting of you play it 40 hours a week, the expectation that anything could be enjoyable 40/week is just unrealistic. Except for heroin maybe.
    Except all the other WoW expansions he's done this with. Oops, argument lost already.

5+ Year Old Account
    I still find it odd that people think Asmongold isn't a persona. He is actually knowledgeable and that shows in his context breakdown. I don't understand why people hate on him for what seems to be no good reason? Is it out of envy? He is doing what they want to do - stream a video game every day and make bank doing it? Or is it because he gets stuff sent to him for free, "streamer benefits"?

I'm a fan of him, but I'm not a super fan that will defend him to the ends of the earth...he just seems like a down to earth guy that has concerns regarding BFA and WoW in general and has articulated them as such. The only thing I find somewhat repulsive is his cleaning habits. I think he recently he cleaned off his computer desk and he had food that had been sitting there over a month, which is just lazy and disgusting in my eyes...but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Then maybe he needs to stop playing, because if he can't find something fun to do in a game with so many choices of fun stuff - then that's a problem with him. He has probably just played it too much.
    I forgot, everyone finds the same exact things fun. Try to actually put up a decent argument next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Aw, that hurts, coming from someone of high HIGH standards and objectively good tastes such as yourself...

/LOL!

Your asshurting over people liking someone that you don't is starting to show again. How sad!
    Meanwhile, the world is plenty alive, there's always players online to play with, the game rakes up millions of views in record-time whenever there's new cinematics etc.

Suffer.
    Diablo Immortal raked in a lot of views, must be a good game. Yeah, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyz View Post
    Does anyone else feel like it is extremely easy to get 'top tier' gear and achievements? And when you do its like "big deal". I don't think many people care or pay attention to other peoples titles and achievement points. When you get a piece of lvl 395 gear.. ok thanks, now what- that's it? I think the legion artifact weapon was a pretty cool idea- the fact that you can work on changing the look of the weapon was awesome. But the Azerite necklace...once again, the item level goes up after you unlock (HOPEFULLY!) the traits that you want, and that's it?

10-15 years ago I played an MMO before WoW, that was ran by a horrible company but was wildly popular and addictive because you really had to work to become 'great', and the rewards were great because they were ofcourse effective but also visual. The best PVP'ers had a distinctive logo next to their name, and there were only 50 on an entire server, so when you saw them or if you had one it was awesome. The top 3 guilds on the server had these cool glowing arm bands- nobody else can get one. The best gear in the game, literally glowed- you can see them from a mile away. These are things you had to maintain and work for. If you didnt log in for a week, someone else just got your PVP symbol, and perhaps your guild arent top 3 anymore. Nothing in WoW stands out- IDK about anyone else but I wouldn't want to farm rep or a certain dungeon just for a title, or achievement points. Just by looking at characters, you cant really tell who has good gear or not- the top gear doesn't stand out at all- a set of ilvl 380 gear can look the same as ilvl 340. All in all, I don't think the 'top tier' rewards for actually putting in time into the game, and being a skilled player are accounted for. Sure you can get higher ilvl gear, and then what? What is there to maintain or work for? Achievement points for fishing? Cmon. MMO's are about your character-and right now in WoW, its all looking and feeling bland.
    856x20= ~17000 people out of a few million have 'top tier achivements' as of this moment.

Your right, thats super easy....
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    There's "literally fuck all to do", but then you list a host of stuff that you simply find not worth doing on a personal level...?

Doesn't compute. But you at least have the correct mindset of doing something else with your time if you don't enjoy yourself in this title. Hell, I do so myself due to the grievances I DO have with BfA (hoping for 8.1 but I'll have a slew of other games in any case to go through).
    Nothing to do = nothing the players want to do, or feel is worth the reward. Might wanna think before responding to stuff a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I find it absolutely hillarious that people are talking about the Legendaries from Legion as a system missing in BFA. It is a system that almost nobody liked if you look at the opinions of a lot of streamers, not just one.
    That just means that this expansion is so bad that the previous expansions systems are wanted, try to piece stuff together next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    Nothing to do = nothing the players want to do, or feel is worth the reward. Might wanna think before responding to stuff a little.
    Yes, "reward" is the key word here. You know, people used to raid 20 hours/week for almost no reward, maybe you got a piece of loot every three weeks or so. All that other stuff you used to do in WoW, well it's all still there.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    I'm still enjoying the game. Do I get bored? Yes. Do I hardly play compared to what I did at launch? Yes. Doesn't mean the game is bad. You don't have to enough repeatable or fresh content that lasts you 12 hours a day for the game to be good. Really tired of seeing all of the "this game is shit" where the only metric is how much content is there to keep them constantly playing. Honestly, if you don't like the game...then stop playing and stop bitching about it. If you do, then keep playing and stop bitching about it.

I'll never understand why so many ppl feel the need to be critical and outspoken about a game they swear they hate and have unsubbed from. You must not hate it that bad if you can't stop talking about it 24/7. It's like that ex you swear you hate but all you do is bring her up. Only lying to yourself.
    and I'll never understand why people go into these threads to say such things literally doing the opposite of what they tell people to do. "SO SICK OF THIS PERSON, X THREADS ABOUT THEM" and come in here to post in the thread. Do you even realize you contradict yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Those of us who understand the difference get to educate the rest =)
    Okay so just to make sure I got educated correctly.

One dimensional characters, female characters that are defined by their boyfriends, reuse of the same plotlines over and over again, the moral complexity of a table, continuos retcons and the lack of genuinely surprising plot twists is not bad writing. That is an awesome decision by a professional that I don't agree with cause I'm a dumb armchair critic.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    So....if his statement is correct, then why isn't the sub amount dropping like flies? Many people still find some fun in this game, wether it be different things.
    It already did drop a ton?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    What I learned from this is that people who dont play WoW like watching someone bitch about WoW more than they like watching someone play WoW.

My mind was not blown^^
    Pritty much exactly like a lot of the content of the mmoc forums.

There's people who quit in cata still spending there time making threads to rag on wow.

Alot of salty quitters who want to here some one with a webcam and game account be salty because it validates there saltyness.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Yes, "reward" is the key word here. You know, people used to raid 20 hours/week for almost no reward, maybe you got a piece of loot every three weeks or so. All that other stuff you used to do in WoW, well it's all still there.
    and yet that still felt more rewarding than the current system. oops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    Pritty much exactly like a lot of the content of the mmoc forums.

There's people who quit in cata still spending there time making threads to rag on wow.

Alot of salty quitters who want to here some one with a webcam and game account be salty because it validates there saltyness.
    Quitters can have legitimate reasons to stay here. I personally stick around to see if things improved. In the beta I liked Drustvar's design and hated everything else. So that is a no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    856x20= ~17000 people out of a few million have 'top tier achivements' as of this moment.

Your right, thats super easy....
    And what is the reward... a title, and achievement points. You are missing the point of the post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Quitters can have legitimate reasons to stay here. I personally stick around to see if things improved. In the beta I liked Drustvar's design and hated everything else. So that is a no for me.
    Yea I can get reading things or Complaints from current players, but some of these people haven't played in a decade and still come here to bitch about how the game sucks and insert expansion was the best. Its like a bunch of old people complaining the world isn't as good as it was when they were young. It's really just sad. Most hate posts can be sumed up with one reply. Times change get over it.

Don't really care what he does now.. I unfollowed him a few weeks ago.. Can't stand when streamers get hyper popular.. it just kills their channel for me.. They decide to play shit games and the chat sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Don't really care what he does now.. I unfollowed him a few weeks ago.. Can't stand when streamers get hyper popular.. it just kills their channel for me.. They decide to play shit games and the chat sucks ass.
    Dark Souls is not a shit game, how dare you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    and yet that still felt more rewarding than the current system. oops
    I understand what you mean, I just don't quite understand what it is people want exactly. I enjoy WoW the same I always have, some stuff you don't like and some you do.

Hes right.
    And no blizzard isn't doing good right now.

Unless you just started the game in the later expansions you should be flat out of stuff to do by now.
    And 8.1 isn't looking good.