Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New AMD CPU's rumored summer 2019

Please take everything you read with a grain of salt.

If these numbers are correct this encourages CPU war which can only become a positive thing for the consumer.

Several sources:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyl.../#7c5786a42bba
    https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-r...cessors-leaked
    https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-...5-1ghz-on-am4/
    https://hothardware.com/news/amd-ryz...hz-boost-clock

If this topic already exists I do apologise but I could not be bothered going past first 4 pages of the forum.
    And if it does exist why is it not on the front page :P
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I would not hold my breath for those clock speeds but it is not like it is impossible.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Current speculation is (if this is true), that the 3850X is actually their 50th anniversary chip and hence would launch in May. So Other would possibly launch sooner, maybe even in late Q1, but who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I would not hold my breath for those clock speeds but it is not like it is impossible.
    If they go chiplets route on desktop, I'd call it likely even. That's a big if though as is this leak.

A Ryzen5 with 8c/16t at those clock speeds and price is too good to be true. However we all know that TSMC cant be worse than GloFo so maybe its possible. Are the core counts confirmed or something? I know they talked about the possibility of more cores per CCX in Zen2 but dont remember seeing confirmation of that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    A Ryzen5 with 8c/16t at those clock speeds and price is too good to be true. However we all know that TSMC cant be worse than GloFo so maybe its possible. Are the core counts confirmed or something? I know they talked about the possibility of more cores per CCX in Zen2 but dont remember seeing confirmation of that
    As of right now, those leaks got sent out to almost every major computer site.
    All the ones I checked had the details up within a day of each other.

But. As mentioned above take everything with a big grain of salt, this is leaks and stuff are rumoured. We don't know until CES in January if either of this stuff is true.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leak about their upcoming Navi GPUs came out not long ago too. Tactfully named the 3080, 3070 and 3060 and one will allegedly give 2070 performance for $250.

Interesting times ahead if these rumors bear truthful fruit.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    The leak is suggesting Ryzen 3 is build with 2 7nm core dies(same as Rome) and an IO die. So 16c/32t is enterely possible and so is 8/16 with that price as it would contain 2x dies that have 4 cores disabled. Meaning the low end of dies, hence quite cheap.. And you can really see that from the mediocre clock speeds compared to better binned dies. Afterall it costs like 30 Dollars to make one die, so using even the worst ones is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    No real concrete details on CCX size but they already showed a chiplet of their next EPYC server line. 64c/128t which was 8 7nm chiplets and 1 14nm IO. So it's safe to assume that the chiplets are at least 8cores, whether it's broken up into 2 CCX per chiplet is unknown, or even if CCX as we know it exists.

That said, if true I want that 3600G. Admittedly it'd be bandwidth starved to hell without some HBM or whatever.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol AMD and their lies. At least give us concrete proof amd. They do nothing but lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they launch at those core counts and speeds? Intel is fucked. Intel so far has only survived thanks to higher clocks, but if AMD can close that gap, intel will need something new to cling to

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    If they launch at those core counts and speeds? Intel is fucked. Intel so far has only survived thanks to higher clocks, but if AMD can close that gap, intel will need something new to cling to
    Intel still got quite a few revenue sources even if their consumer line-up tanks. Plus it's quite unlikely that it will as long as system integrators don't even mention AMD most of the time when they are competitive in everything and only behind in some gaming situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that 3700x isn't messing around. Priced to destroy the 8600k/8700k via higher turbo and base frequencies by quite a bit while offering SMT and more cores. If it comes with a cooler I see it pulling in most Intel owners even if it runs hot. If most of them can easily hit at least an all-core 4.8 then AMD's finally hit a home run unless Intel pulls something magical from their butts.

Granted this is a year later, but it's better competition than the CPU scene has seen in a long time.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-12-08 at 04:54 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Lol AMD and their lies. At least give us concrete proof amd. They do nothing but lie.
    These types of comments make me giggle.

lol Intel/Nvidia and their lies. At least give us concrete proof intel/nvidia. They do nothing but lie.

See what I did there?

OT: I was reading about these last night, I am hopeful, but I wont hold my breath. Here is hoping though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    It's a leak, not an announcement. They don't have to prove shit until they announce it

This is weird. Such big clock differences on the same core (with the increased core count too) dont make much sense. Also, 12/16 cores is just too much cores for anything other than professional workloads.

So it's either lowend parts are gonna be bestsellers if they can clock to 5 GHz when overclocked or the whole clock increase situation with higher end parts is not true, and Zen 2 just ends up being a core count bump (admitedly with some IPC increases and larger cache per core), which is not going to help these CPUs sell well.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    This is weird. Such big clock differences on the same core (with the increased core count too) dont make much sense. Also, 12/16 cores is just too much cores for anything other than professional workloads.

So it's either lowend parts are gonna be bestsellers if they can clock to 5 GHz when overclocked or the whole clock increase situation with higher end parts is not true, and Zen 2 just ends up being a core count bump (admitedly with some IPC increases and larger cache per core), which is not going to help these CPUs sell well.
    The normal problem with many cores is that you sacrifice per core performance.. If they can up the core count and per core performance at the same time, there's no real downside to many cores

That said, of course the mid/low end are going to be best sellers.. Barely anyone buys high end hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy moly. Check out those Threadrippers too. 32 cores at 5 GHz, guaranteed. That's some heavy stuff. I don't believe it, too good to be true. But if it's true, Intel is doomed and personal computing will make huge leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The normal problem with many cores is that you sacrifice per core performance.. If they can up the core count and per core performance at the same time, there's no real downside to many cores

That said, of course the mid/low end are going to be best sellers.. Barely anyone buys high end hardware.
    Yeah but what are you gonna use those cores for? Not to mention the requirement of handling 16 cores parts will push motherboards prices up because you cant get away with 4 phases on discrete mosfets anymore.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Yeah but what are you gonna use those cores for? Not to mention the requirement of handling 16 cores parts will push motherboards prices up because you cant get away with 4 phases on discrete mosfets anymore.
    Same reason people buy Intels HEDT lineup. Epeen extensions and work

10+ Year Old Account
    3600X looks like a real win there, more than that is pointless unless some super specialized thing.

If they really get these clock speeds and boost IPC that one could be legit amazing CPU.