Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    yeah, I am planning on storing all my Star Trek and other favorite series on the storage but I been peeking at another solution, maybe going with buying a NAS...but thats future plans, right now all I need in to contain OS and 4-5 games plus the occasional weekly download of tv series so the 500G should suffice together with the 256 I already have.

the thing is, I am not ever done overclocking myself before so I am unsure how it would go without automatic overclocking. and I am bias towards ROG cause I got a ROG laptop now but if its not to involved then I am not against going with gigabyte.

what detered me from the 970 evo was that it does not look like an ssd to me , it looks more like a memory capsure (yeah I know in basic its the same thing, but is it more complext to install than the other one?

and for watercooling, Nocturna is more silent then the dh-155?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    what detered me from the 970 evo was that it does not look like an ssd to me , it looks more like a memory capsure (yeah I know in basic its the same thing, but is it more complext to install than the other one?
    A 970 Evo is an m.2 NVME SSD drive, it's no more complex to install than any other SSD. Arguably less as you don't even need a cable, you just plug it into the slot on the motherboard.

For NVME drives I would also recommend looking at Adata XPG SX8200 Pro, it has similar to better performance than a 970 Evo and is usually a little cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    the CL14 isn't that much better, hes better off spending any loose cash on a 2080 instead of a 2070.
    And a M.2 NVME SSD
    Agreed on the PSU and the i7 9700k, the i9 9900k is overpriced trash.
    750W PSU is perfect for futureproofing
    And I suggest the Corsair RMx 2018 edition(It's smaller and has higher quality internals than the old version)
    Amazon and Newegg make it sorta difficult to find the 2018 edition
    did you even read what I wrote, you are basically confirming what I wrote.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I thank you all for the advice you given me, I have made the list and when I get my salary I shall go ahead and purchase these things,
    the only thing now I am contemplating is if I should have a professional store do the assembly and get warranty on it?
    I do have many years of experience in building computers but I really don't wanna mess anything up and this is (for me)
    top of the line, while I am use to messing with things that would be called ancient by the time I get my hands on it

anyways, I am grateful for your help and thumbs up to all.

I am trying to get me a computer that will be able to run max graphics on Destiny 2 and WOW to have
    at least 50-60 fps on Ultra mode. So Here is how far I gotten so far, help me find out the flaws and weaknesses.

* Corsair Force LE200 240GB (for the OS and gaming)
    * Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2 (Svart/Orange/Transparent)
    * AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3,7GHz Socket AM4 Box
    * Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Strix Gaming OC HDMI 3xDP 8GB
    * Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    * Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB (BLE2C8G4D32BEEAK)
    * Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM004 256MB 4TB (storage)
    * Asus DRW-24D5MT
    * Corsair Hydro H100x (2x120mm)
    * Corsair RM650i 650W (mebbe go 1000W or more thinking of adding a second graphics card later)

So what is the weak spot and the suggestion?

thank you
    Going to go contrarian. Get this board downgrade to a 2600x. Then Flip that when the newest Ryzen 3 3700x that comes out and plug that in. And you will be set. That should be as fast any any Intel current offering and probably faster due to the die shrink and IPC improvement. If you can wait it would even be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thank you all for the advice you given me, I have made the list and when I get my salary I shall go ahead and purchase these things,
    the only thing now I am contemplating is if I should have a professional store do the assembly and get warranty on it?
    I do have many years of experience in building computers but I really don't wanna mess anything up and this is (for me)
    top of the line, while I am use to messing with things that would be called ancient by the time I get my hands on it

Depending on the price, it can be worth it.
    That said, it really isn't that hard to put a computer together nowadays. Just look for things that fit together and plug them into each other

10+ Year Old Account

If you can put together lego you can build a pc