Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Where did the funds go exactly? Probably to pay off the state's debt that the GOP had been racking up. Can't fix the roads if state debts are a higher priority than roads. The GOP loves to increase spending and decrease taxes. You're at least good at math, yes? Then tell me, what happens when you increase your outgoing money while decreasing your incoming money? That's right, debt. The summation of the GOP policy.
    It could also just be the "They didn't fix this one road near me so they most not have used the money for any roads in the state" argument.

The Wisconsin GOP all belong in prison for this, at least I'm pretty sure law on the AG would get thrown out by a judge, hopefully the others too.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, you can either be pro-American values or you can be conservative. You can't be both.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

15+ Year Old Account
    Bye Daethz, stay away long please
    *waves*

It's 3 states that tried to do the same thing of which one so far got struck down by a judge?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Bye Daethz, stay away long please
    *waves*

It's 3 states that tried to do the same thing of which one so far got struck down by a judge?
    You know what's interesting? I can't find a single post where he was infracted in this thread. Including the death threats, flaming and personal attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You know what's interesting? I can't find a single post where he was infracted in this thread. Including the death threats, flaming and personal attacks.
    Really questionable when he's that vile and yet doesn't seem to get punished for it.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Really questionable when he's that vile and yet doesn't seem to get punished for it.
    Hopefully he's gone permanently. This isn't the first time he has advocated for genocide.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Pretty sure the mods only show up to ban Skroe anymore.

Though, seriously, the number of people posting here who aren't ban evading has dropped precipitously in recent months.

here's something for all the right wingers in the mid west to get their heads wrapped around.

in case it wasn't obvious the reasons "representation" in Wisconsin is so bad (when you ask a certain poster anyway) it's because the GOP has in it's tried and true from, killed representative democracy to further their own ends. kinda hard to argue the rural area gets the short end of the stick when the gerrymandering is so strong in that state, you guys just elect shitty politicians, like Scott Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    What a scummy thing to do, and bet you $10 when the dems do it back you will see Fox News go crazy over it.
    They'll call it "the Governor's power grab" and describe how he wants to install himself as a dictator.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    God did walker fuck that state up. People I am no longer friends with are still cheering him on though.
    You moved at a good time. Geez Wisconsin!

So what should the Dems do? Fight fire with fire? I mean, the argument I hear all the time is how much more the Dems are going left. While this is really a "left" issue, but I mean should the Dems pull this bullshit. I would hope not. If the courts do not rule against this, this will seriously mess with election in Wisconsin.

The Dems should be mentioning this every time they can have a platform. It's crazy how the right warns me about the totalitarian boogie men that are coming at you from the left. They are saying "bleep trying to get voters and follow the rules of democracy", now its flat out rigging and cheating our democratic system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Congrats Wisconsin, you flipped red and this is what you get.
    Michigan too. The Republicans are blatantly giving the middle finger to Michiganders, by eliminating the new minimum wage law and sick leave. Yet working class people vote them in.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    You moved at a good time. Geez Wisconsin!

So what should the Dems do? Fight fire with fire? I mean, the argument I hear all the time is how much more the Dems are going left. While this is really a "left" issue, but I mean should the Dems pull this bullshit. I would hope not. If the courts do not rule against this, this will seriously mess with election in Wisconsin.

The Dems should be mentioning this every time they can have a platform. It's crazy how the right warns me about the totalitarian boogie men that are coming at you from the left. They are saying "bleep trying to get voters and follow the rules of democracy", now its flat out rigging and cheating our democratic system.

- - - Updated - - -

Michigan too. The Republicans are blatantly giving the middle finger to Michiganders, by eliminating the new minimum wage law and sick leave. Yet working class people vote them in.

And then... working class people blame the democrats for not doing enough to help them out.

Well if it comes down to it, we can have a two tiered health care system. Medicare for All in the blue states, and whatever the fuck they want in the red states.

If we pay for OUR health care and they pay for THEIR health care, the odds are that blue states will pay lower taxes... and get MUCH better health care. But at least the share holders of the red state health insurance companies will have lots of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    We could always burn down our own country when he raises the gas tax like france is doing right now.
    The liberal cities of Madison and Milwaukee elected this governor, nearly everyone outside of those places did not vote for him.
    Im starting to think its time to implement a Electoral College for all state elections to give non-city people more say in their government.
    Why do you hate One Man, One Vote?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    J.D. Vance -- a conservative, no less -- wrote about the shitty work ethic of Midwestern white men and why rural areas are falling apart. It's enlightening.
    Can you provide a link or at least a title? Not challenging, genuine interest.

Pretty sure the mods only show up to ban Skroe anymore.

Though, seriously, the number of people posting here who aren't ban evading has dropped precipitously in recent months.
    The usual suspects don't need to evade bans if they are not banned in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, I think that is it anyways.
    Thanks a lot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So now Michigan does this too? Seriously wtf... How is a state even allowed to do this is beyond me...

American politics is so much worse than I had come to realize before these last few years.

J.D. Vance -- a conservative, no less -- wrote about the shitty work ethic of Midwestern white men and why rural areas are falling apart. It's enlightening.
    Reminds me of what I read about the pre-Civil War South and how the plantation owner class was deeply, deeply indolent and their motivation was as much to preserve that as their income.

In fact I think they were quoting from contemporary accounts there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Reminds me of what I read about the pre-Civil War South and how the plantation owner class was deeply, deeply indolent and their motivation was as much to preserve that as their income.
    Well, owning slaves inherently means having others work for one is one's way of life... so no surprise there.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Hopefully he's gone permanently. This isn't the first time he has advocated for genocide.
    I mean, they let Cizr post here and he's an open white supremacist (not the only one of course, and not counting the legions of non-open ones). So much for race being a forbidden topic.

And Shalcker, who couldn't more clearly work for the Internet Research Agency if he had a Mueller subpoena for an avatar.

I swear the only one of the forum rules they vigorously enforce is the ban on discussing gender or gender identity in any way, effectively muzzling that entire topic - even if it's highly pertinent current news. Any remotely constructive discussion gets shut down - if they don't lock it immediately, a few shitlords turn up to troll the thread to ensure its closure. Which of course is what they want.

If you point it out they just say "oh well that topic never turns out well"... yeah because the other topics we debate are so goddamn constructive lol. Imagine if they applied that same logic to debates about race and racism, like the rules state. Bye bye 90% of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I swear the only one of the forum rules they vigorously enforce is the ban on discussing gender or gender identity in any way, effectively muzzling that entire topic - even if it's highly pertinent current news. Any remotely constructive discussion gets shut down - if they don't lock it immediately, a few shitlords turn up to troll the thread to ensure its closure. Which of course is what they want.
    There's also religion. They fall on that like a ton of bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    There's also religion. They fall on that like a ton of bricks.
    That one's apparently fine as long as you're taking a swipe at Islam.