Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Ironic coming from a site that has articles about breast size comparisons, and others where 'nerds' ask for dating advice as if this was the 80's and playing games was seen as horribly nerdy.
    You know you have done fucked up when even Kotaku is like WTF man.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You know you have done fucked up when even Kotaku is like WTF man.
    That was my initial reaction, but you really have no way of knowing if they wouldn't have created and/or released an article like that if there wasn't so much backlash against the game. Nor do we know if any of these 'journalists' actually write quality content but can't release it as it goes against public opinion.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

That was my initial reaction, but you really have no way of knowing if they wouldn't have created and/or released an article like that if there wasn't so much backlash against the game. Nor do we know if any of these 'journalists' actually write quality content but can't release it as it goes against public opinion.
    True but I wanna believe dammit lol.

Its like I said a little while back, It seems like its every 3-4 days something new happens with FO76. I honestly feel for the developers cause we all know it was the higher up's that caused all of this mess to happen.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    True but I wanna believe dammit lol.

Its like I said a little while back, It seems like its every 3-4 days something new happens with FO76. I honestly feel for the developers cause we all know it was the higher up's that caused all of this mess to happen.
    I don't usually jump on hate bandwagons, but I've been enjoying this one because it's deserved. In the past I've even said the internet is far too negative, the negativity sticks out too much, that developers need love, but as I just said- the hate's deserved in this case.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I don't usually jump on hate bandwagons, but I've been enjoying this one because it's deserved. In the past I've even said the internet is far too negative, the negativity sticks out too much, that developers need love, but as I just said- the hate's deserved in this case.
    The hate is deserved but needs to be targeted at the right people.

People are too quick to yell at developers when 90% of the BS is out of their hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hate is deserved but needs to be targeted at the right people.

People are too quick to yell at developers when 90% of the BS is out of their hands.
    It would be great if we could actually see how all of the issues came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    If The Onion did game stuff (no idea if they do really) that'd totally be there.

"This is what you get for the audacity of wanting more after Skyrim!"

It would be great if we could actually see how all of the issues came to be.
    Do you really need to see it?

Some suit at Bethesda saw companies forecast profits from their "live services" titles. They wondered why they weren't getting in on this fad, so told BGS to asset flip fallout 4 into one.

Don't really need to see it, we all know how it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Some suit at Bethesda saw companies forecast profits from their "live services" titles. They wondered why they weren't getting in on this fad, so told BGS to asset flip fallout 4 into one.

@MrPaladinGuy

Tech really summed it up honestly. Its the same shit we have seen on repeat with other Company's/Games. Its also a perfect example on why "Games As A Service" is a doomed idea from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

@MrPaladinGuy

Tech really summed it up honestly. Its the same shit we have seen on repeat with other Company's/Games. Its also a perfect example on why "Games As A Service" is a doomed idea from the get go.
    I was trying to be positive for once, basically taking a break from my FO76 shitposting which I've really enjoyed lately because despite what I'm about to say next- Bethesda needs to be knocked down a few pegs. I'd like to think the actual team coming up with ideas and/programming them knew what they were doing but were forced to do things they knew wouldn't work by higher-ups.

I was trying to be positive for once, basically taking a break from my FO76 shitposting which I've really enjoyed lately because despite what I'm about to say next- Bethesda needs to be knocked down a few pegs. I'd like to think the actual team coming up with ideas and/programming them knew what they were doing but were forced to do things they knew wouldn't work by higher-ups.
    tfw you aren't the only game in town for open world rpgs anymore and this many releases in "b-but they'll patch it" or "i-its just a few bugs" compared to released like the witcher 3 don't cut it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    tfw you aren't the only game in town for open world rpgs anymore and this many releases in "b-but they'll patch it" or "i-its just a few bugs" compared to released like the witcher 3 don't cut it anymore.

BUY MY GAME

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I am... so confused on how they managed to fuck it up this bad. This is credit card fraud territory...
    Makes you wonder if they did it on purpose as a revenge.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    This stuff even feeds webcomic artists:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well at least you can't say F76 has agressive monetisation because most of the fun it gives comes for free. In fact you don't even need to buy it to have fun with it.

I don't see Bethesda recovering from something like this. They're a thoroughly incompetent company these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I don't see Bethesda recovering from something like this. They're a thoroughly incompetent company these days.
    They'll make some 'profound' statement about 'becoming better', 'improving quality', and someone might get fired, but nothing will change. The thing is if they're profiting enough from this then nothing changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    They'll release TES VI and people will buy it regardless
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    So a serious brief data breach / loophole in bethesda site caused people to be able to see personal information

https://old.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...esda/?sort=new

Oh the gift that keeps giving with this game
    Oh, this is so beautiful. Million Euro fine incoming?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They did, it's in the thread in their forums. A simple "We've addressed this issue" without anything more, which is beyond insufficient and unacceptable. They need to go into more detail and start communicating on what they're going to do to protect the identities of the consumers that they just leaked.

I'm assuming everyone is running around on fire over there right now, but if they don't have a solid, detailed response by tomorrow then good lord I hope they do get sued to high hell for this.

Days since Bethesda last completely shit the bed with Fallout 76: Still at 0

Quite a few folks reported that they had access to all tickets and a number shared screenshots of the tickets (mostly without personal information, thankfully) as well. This was not a one-off or even necessarily an isolated incident. It seems it was widespread, just not too many folks were going to the support page on the site at the time.
    They have 72 hours to report a data breach or face steep fines.

Personally I think this mess is going to end with Zenimax Media, the parent company of Bethesda asking Bethesda's CEO to step down.