Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    How do you know she’s a glass cannon? How do you know she has medium damage? Ever cross your mind she might have a talent or two to make that setup easier?

Selfishly, I don’t care whatsoever what they do to her as long as it makes her a viable pick again. Currently you’re not allowed to play her, so she might as well not exist atm.
    yeah , because a goddamn talent will transform her from glass canon to tank right ?
    how do i now that she have medium damage ? ho i don't know , the video from the OP ? just look at her w man , garbage damage after 3-5 auto standing still

her w needs multiple auto attack to do garbage damage now as shown with the video , do you really think a glass canon with low range have the luxury to do that ?
    her q can't be used to burst anymore , it's super slow now
    her mind control , one of her only good tools in team fights is now a slow ass skill shot , now you will 90% of the time make a tank walk right in the midlle of your team .
    her pushing ability also got destroyed

new sylvanas is garbage compared to the old one who at least had her niche of being a pushing monster

I don't like merging all Q stacks into one easier abillity. Also, new mind control doesn't feel like mind control, but a boring magnet. What cooldown will it have? I think Stitches' hook cooldown would be maximum as mind control is worse hook.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    yeah , because a goddamn talent will transform her from glass canon to tank right ?
    how do i now that she have medium damage ? ho i don't know , the video from the OP ? just look at her w man , garbage damage after 3-5 auto standing still

her w needs multiple auto attack to do garbage damage now as shown with the video , do you really think a glass canon with low range have the luxury to do that ?
    her q can't be used to burst anymore , it's super slow now
    her mind control , one of her only good tools in team fights is now a slow ass skill shot , now you will 90% of the time make a tank walk right in the midlle of your team .
    her pushing ability also got destroyed

new sylvanas is garbage compared to the old one who at least had her niche of being a pushing monster
    Are you seriously basing damage capability from the DEMO VIDEO?

Right. Sure! From this we could also gather that Orphea is 100% a low damage chip caster with almost no burst capability, because the demo video showed her abilities hitting for small amounts. Did that video show Ravenous Hunger? Did it show the full double-Chomp burst? No, that came from stacking talents ingame.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Are you seriously basing damage capability from the DEMO VIDEO?

Right. Sure! From this we could also gather that Orphea is 100% a low damage chip caster with almost no burst capability, because the demo video showed her abilities hitting for small amounts. Did that video show Ravenous Hunger? Did it show the full double-Chomp burst? No, that came from stacking talents ingame.
    nah , orphea video clearly showed her potential just with her mobility , baseline regen and cc . sylvans doesn't have any "potential" showned unless you count "standing still and auto attacking a immobile target for five minute to spread W" is a potential

it doesn't matter how good sylvanas's damage is . because it's how she have to deliver it that sucks balls , auto attacking a same target multiple times (for her trait and dagger) isn't doable in a 1v1 if the target is also ranged( and have a few brain cells) and in a team fight it's even less doable .

assasins have to burst , sylvanas doesn't burst , she dps , making her worhtless by design

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    nah , orphea video clearly showed her potential just with her mobility , baseline regen and cc . sylvans doesn't have any "potential" showned unless you count "standing still and auto attacking a immobile target for five minute to spread W" is a potential
    No it didn't, the video showcased a couple Q talents and baselines damage for abilities and revealed NOTHING about how much monstrous burst Chomp was capable of with Ravenous Hunger stacked up, nor the Domination-esque heal-on-kill which allows her to dive close for combos and regen large amounts of HP with Chomp kills, nor the additional 25% damage from Ancestral Strength. The first impressions from Orphea were that she was an evasive sustained damage mage, the burst was a complete surprise when talents were revealed. Likewise, Lurking Terror was showcased but only as a "cast Chomp from a distance", and we didn't see until the full reveal that it allowed double Chomp casts for the insane deletion combo.

You have only a scrap of info for Sylvanas. It's impossible to draw ANY conclusions yet.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-12-03 at 12:36 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    No it didn't, the video showcased a couple Q talents and baselines damage for abilities and revealed NOTHING about how much monstrous burst Chomp was capable of with Ravenous Hunger stacked up, nor the additional 25% damage from Ancestral Strength. The first impressions from Orphea were that she was an evasive sustained damage mage, the burst was a complete surprise when talents were revealed. Likewise, Lurking Terror was showcased but only as a "cast Chomp from a distance", and we didn't see until the full reveal that it allowed double Chomp casts for the insane deletion combo.

You have only a scrap of info for Sylvanas. It's impossible to draw ANY conclusions yet.
    it is possible to draw conclusions.

the double chomp is just that , a slightly better burst . orphea still have a pretty good burst baseline because she can actually press QWE quickly and get the hell out here , double chomp and other talents make it really good . it doesn't really change how the hero work , orphea would work perfectly fine even without it with just her mobility , good range , sustain , good burst and aoe cc .

now let's look at new sylvanas .
    trait : require 3 auto attacks before doing anything and will require even more attacks to use the debuff component = absolute garbage , even if the debuff was 100% more damage because it's far too slow . The active part is just a giga nerf to her current passive , so also garbage .

Q : again , slow as f*ck . i could unload 5 arrows from current q before the second arrow from the new q reach the target = garbage . not to mentions that it's now incredibly dumbeddown , lacking any control for chain stunning mercenary camp for example.

W : before it was a good poke and disabled minions waves and mercenary camps with just a single throw. Now it's shit , you must auto attack constantly if you want it to spread wich will put you at constant danger.

E : unchanged from what i saw . correct me if i'm wrong

Mind control : before it was a risky but rewarding ability wich could turn the flow of a team fight against dumb team . now the ability pretty much read "fire a slow ass projectile wich will make the nearest enemy tank walk right in the middle of your team so he can cc the lot of you"

as an assasin, by design , fully talented sylvanas will be worse than baseline orphea as no ammount of talent will fix her .

- - - Updated - - -

aaaand confirmed . sylvanas is dead on arrival . they even NERFED her damage . she does even LESS damage than before and her damage is far more easy to avoid . good job blizz
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2018-12-04 at 11:48 AM.

She was a bad hero before (design-wise, not power-wise) and hinged on a stupid and unbalanced gimmick. I get why they needed to fix her, but the fix is fucking stupid. Her new passive is one of the least creative things ever put into a video game.

From badly designed to boring as fuck. Another win for the wonderful HotS team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, a popular faceroll pick gets reworked to be less faceroll and have to actually press buttons now, how sad kappa
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kearaz View Post
    This update is completely trash
    Her last rework was trash, this is more like burning trash ^^

Kinda sad considering 3-4 years ago she was one of the most well rounded/synergized heroes in the game

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    They just want everyone to hate her in all their universes.
    lol love this

I guess she's an dps now, hu? (a very strong one, tbh, tested her in a game already)

I'm a Sylv main.

I wondered how the new changes would pan out when I got into a game.

She now has absolutely no lane presence. She cannot solo lanes effectively at all. Her damage is meh on minions and camps and her D ( black arrows ) is too long of a cool down to make her viable.

Team fights: It takes too long to gain her 3 stacks per hero to get the bonus dmg. Her W is way less effective and is harder to spread but even then its just meh.

I haven't gone the Q build yet though so maybe that's the right way to go.

Overall she has been gutted. She isn't great in team fights even with the revamped MC. She isn't a great lane pusher anymore and definitely not good split laning. Guess ill have to play other hero's more now. Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

I just gotta say, Sylvanas is pants-on-fire ridiculous now. I wouldn't be surprised to see some targeted nerfs to her with the next update.

"Blizzard rearranges the deck chairs on the titanic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I just gotta say, Sylvanas is pants-on-fire ridiculous now. I wouldn't be surprised to see some targeted nerfs to her with the next update.
    Yeah no. The hero had so bad winrate they actually buffed her in the last update with more hp(+regen) and damage.

The hero is so easy to lockdown and as long as you have a good setup she can't do anything. I'd like to see a screenshot of a game where she was ridiculous. Even Chris(who is among the only "hots pros" that still stream. he's also GM #1 EU by a large margin) said the hero sucks overall unless you are playing vs baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Yeah no. The hero had so bad winrate they actually buffed her in the last update with more hp(+regen) and damage.

The hero is so easy to lockdown and as long as you have a good setup she can't do anything. I'd like to see a screenshot of a game where she was ridiculous. Even Chris(who is among the only "hots pros" that still stream. he's also GM #1 EU by a large margin) said the hero sucks overall unless you are playing vs baddies.
    I think he meant after the buffs? Paradox did a video the other day really hyping her damage potential.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely horrid rework, granted if the idea was to make her a better assassin or more like Valla it's worked, but it's also made her an awful Sylvanas, I don't understand why the new dev team feel the need to dumb down the game so much and remove all the variety from it.

This rework highlights everything that's bad about the current dev team, I though the last one was bad (she was great in Alpha/Beta) but tis is just Ebolaids...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    I think he meant after the buffs? Paradox did a video the other day really hyping her damage potential.
    https://youtu.be/j1MQKWJttMQ?t=1310

Guess Kael'thas op or?

This video is where he gets to 190 stacks W autoattacking a bad johanna who has no idea wtf he's doing. Its a prime example of bad comps(Ragnaros with his entire talent build, Varian with being in that game for any reason--> also singlehandedly winning the game for the enemy team at 13 trying to gank a Kael under a tower) and extremely outplayed enemies. Honestly by the point where he starts doing actual damage, the game is already won(outside of a massive blunder) because the enemy comp is so useless.

Take a look at the last TF at objective for example, where's he's so happy to highlight his insane dps.

1) The attacking team is already there and set up(because they were already winning before so heavily), which means the defending team have to come through a nice chokepoint that slows them as an added benefit. This allows Sylvanas to mindless throw the Haunting Wave since you don't need to position yourself if the enemy team comes in like that

2)Lets say Sylvanas and Li Ming's team were reversed. Kael and Li'ming would of blown her up since Sylvanas needs to dive to do the damage, while Lucio's absorb meant no damage was dealt back.

3)The ults for the team fight for Sylvanas's team are extremely oppressive: Phoenix vs 3 melee, Silence Arrow vs 3 melee, aoe slow from Stiches and Sound Barrier. Oh and Coccon for Johanna but honestly that one doesn't even matter. Meanwhile the other team has: Lava Wave(does nothing), Colosus Smash( does nothing vs Lucio's team as long as he R's), aoe stealth(does nothing), beam(normal damage and you need kills to really skyrocket as Li Ming).

I've actually farmed so many Sylvanas last week as Orphea it got boring since there's nothing Sylvanas can do about it because the hero is poorly designed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't know why people say shit like this. It doesn't even make sense. "Hey, lets try to balance things" isn't some kind of inconvenience leveled at you because of pro players or something. It's what the designers should always be striving to do.

Why would you even want "some OP abilities and characters haha that's so fun" anyway?
    Some people don't understand that this is a competitive multiplayer game, and not their new campaign on normal difficulty in dragon age inquisition.
    Things are supposed to be balanced. Leaving some characters locked into one build (even if it's a good one) - is bad for the health of the game. Having ridiculously powerful abilities and passives is also bad for the health of the game.

But when things get changed some players always go apeshit about it, without putting a single thought in this issue

Then there is also this:
    https://youtu.be/ch5j7-iSi_o

Sylvanas is definitely a terrible character that deals no damage and easily locked down kappa. Seriously, i wish more hots players would start understand that flanking enemy team and getting to juicy targets (which Sylvanas can do easier than most characters thanks to her E, granted, that she won't escape by herself if she does that, that's why you have to have an escape plan), instead of unloading into Dehaka, leaving him at 50% HP just him to adapt all his health back
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-12-27 at 03:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't know why people say shit like this. It doesn't even make sense. "Hey, lets try to balance things" isn't some kind of inconvenience leveled at you because of pro players or something.
    Except it IS a inconvenience leveled at us because of pro players, in a casual oriented game that's supposed to be balanced around quick match (or at least was, and hopefully will be gain now the Esport experiment is over).

I.E Haunted mines was removed because of the Esport experiment, Garden of Terror was reworked/ruined because of the Esport experiment. It's caused nothing but problems and like many I'm glad to see it over and the game getting back to the design that made it great.
    Last edited by caervek; 2018-12-30 at 02:56 AM.