Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Trends in terrorism

Something to read about global terrorism trends in 2018 - http://visionofhumanity.org/app/uplo...dex-2018-1.pdf

Some of the interesting parts:

"This is the third consecutive year that number of
    deaths from terrorism has decreased. Deaths are
    now 44 per cent below their peak in 2014.

Despite the fall in deaths, the number of incidents
    rose in Western Europe. Increased counter-terrorism
    spending and security measures have reduced the
    lethality of attacks."

So despite the doomsayers of the internet saying that Europe will soon be destroyed by islamist terrorists, the trend doesn't seem to support that claim.

"Far-right terrorism is a growing concern. The
    number of deaths from terrorism associated with
    far-right groups and individuals has increased from
    three in 2014, to 17 in 2017."

No surprise here, but it's nice to see some confirmation about the rising threat of the far right. "B-but Antifa?!", right?

A whole 3 to 17 across whole of Western Europe? That kind of pales in comparison to islamists committing terror attacks with the one in France 2015 claiming 130 victims. I know which I'd be the most worried about if I lived there.

Do you even realize how ridiculous it is to fear something going from 3 to 17?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-12-06 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Something to read about global terrorism trends in 2018 - http://visionofhumanity.org/app/uplo...dex-2018-1.pdf

lethality of attacks."

So despite the doomsayers of the internet saying that Europe will soon be destroyed by islamist terrorists, the trend doesn't seem to support that claim.

No surprise here, but it's nice to see some confirmation about the rising threat of the far right. "B-but Antifa?!", right?
    so, a spike of 14 deaths (per year I guess??) in a 3 years span......Ooook . Shall we count the actual bodycount of islamic terrorism in europe ?
    The reason for the number of incidents decreasing is related to increased surveillance and prevention , don't you think it's logical? Doesn't mean there are less terrorists attempting attacks.
    I would assume there are more concerning forms of organized crime being prevented every day by law enforcement , whenever far right activism in europe will become actually severe then you'll see (hopefully) investigation and prevention with a consequential decrease in ----> ----> NUMBER OF DEATHS <---- <---- and even in this case it will not be an index for measuring the potential threat

Call me when right wingers start to do terror attacks on a Paris/Nice/Brussels/Berlin/Manchester/Barcelona (damn way too long this list) scale and frequency. We can be thankfull that our police is rather good at preventing more attacks. Almost daily you hear about some islamist attack that was foiled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    A whole 3 to 17 across whole of Western Europe? That kind of pales in comparison to islamists committing terror attacks with the one in France 2015 claiming 130 victims. I know which I'd be the most worried about if I lived there.

Do you even realize how ridiculous it is to fear something going from 3 to 17?
    Do you even realize the amount of people in Sweden who claim that the islamists are coming to murder us all and that muslims are the biggest threat to Sweden in the history of our nation simply because of 1 terrorist attack that claimed the lives of 5 people two years ago?

I'm not saying that the far right is more dangerous than islamic terrorists as a whole, I'm not a moron. But the rhetoric is laughable. The amount of fearmongering related to muslims is just off the charts these days while people shrug off any time a far right extremist comits a violent crime with "Well what do you expect?"
    Last edited by mmocadd85def5d; 2018-12-06 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    In comparison the far right stuff is miniscule. It's just people want to deflect.

Still antifa is not the answer to the far right. There a symbiotic violent relationship that feeds each other and escalates things.

The islamist terror being down is good but kind of a forgone thing. The number of retards willing to die for other retards is a finite resource. Suicide attacks aren't a sustainable method to wage a war. And isis kind of did us a solid by attracting a lot of them in Western nations to move of to Syria where they convenantly gathered under our missiles so that was useful.

What happens with the far right will depend entirely on what politicians do over the next decade. Most of the far rights support are actually just people pissed of with the current establishment, don't think the left represents them any more and blame immigrants for the lack of full filling jobs. Only the core of the far right has any real Nazi belife, the rest are just angry men with to much free time and resentment to a society they feel is letting them down.

Fix that and the support for the far right will melt away, don't and it will just keep growing, and the weedy middle classed malnourished antifa kids won't be much resistance to a far right supported by the working class. I find it funny when they equate them selves to those who opposed the Nazis in the 1930s. Those guys were hard as nails hero's and they still lost so lord knows what anemicfa of today thinks it can do.

lethality of attacks."

So you can only be a threat if someone dies? Are you serious?

lethality of attacks."

14 more over the span of three years, and that's supposed to be more worrying than islamic terrorism?
    Are you serious?

Also Antifa is trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    So you can only be a threat if someone dies? Are you serious?
    Did I say that anywhere in my post? Are you serious? Islamic terrorism is still a large threat, but the trend does not show that it's an ever increasing one that will result in the death of every white person in Europe within 20 years (not an uncommon belief amongst people I know).

And the report tells us that the far right is becoming increasingly violent, which is something most people on the far right will vehemently try to dispute. It tells alot of other things as well, I suggest you read it instead of making up straw men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    14 more over the span of three years, and that's supposed to be more worrying than islamic terrorism?
    Are you serious?

Also Antifa is trash.
    Learn to read.

Did I say that anywhere in my post? Are you serious? Islamic terrorism is still a large threat, but the trend does not show that it's an ever increasing one that will result in the death of every white person in Europe within 20 years (not an uncommon belief amongst people I know).

And the report tells us that the far right is becoming increasingly violent, which is something most people on the far right will vehemently try to dispute. It tells alot of other things as well, I suggest you read it instead of making up straw men.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn to read.
    You excused Antifa violence because they haven't killed anyone, don't try to hide it. I am not disagreeing far right violence is a problem, not sure why you are even bringing that up. I am calling you out on ANTIFA, anyone who makes excuses for ANTIFA should evaluate their morals.

Deleted
    You excused Antifa violence because they haven't killed anyone, don't try to hide it.
    Absolutely not. I scoff at the people who claim Antifa is a major threat while far right extremists are just misunderstood and harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Call me when right wingers start to do terror attacks on a Paris/Nice/Brussels/Berlin/Manchester/Barcelona (damn way too long this list) scale and frequency. We can be thankfull that our police is rather good at preventing more attacks. Almost daily you hear about some islamist attack that was foiled.
    Are you just upset that Islamic extremists are more organized and dedicated to their cause than other right-wingers?

Absolutely not. I scoff at the people who claim Antifa is a major threat while far right extremists are just misunderstood and harmless.
    And that's why I am calling you out if you don't think they are a threat!! Just because you don't kill someone doesn't mean you're not a threat! The guy who shot those Republicans in a baseball field didn't kill one of them, so in your mind, he wasn't a threat?

Watch this and tell me they are not a threat.

Read your own article. The number of islamic terror incidents have INCREASED, it's the lethality that has decreased due to increased surveillance and prevention on our part.
    In other words, awareness of the danger of the problem made people more wary and in turn reduced the damage this increasing threat is posing.

In other words the more wary we are of it the better it is for us.

Meanwhile nobody hardly gives a fuck about the "nazi" on the far right and despite all this the number of problems they caused increased by 14 events in three years. Which is freakin' laughable.

And the report tells us that the far right is becoming increasingly violent, which is something most people on the far right will vehemently try to dispute.
    Actually from what I've seen when the "far right" does something like that the right immediately condemns and shuns away the perpetrators on no unclear terms.
    It's the left who still condones, support and protects fascists like Antifa.

Deleted
    You excused Antifa violence because they haven't killed anyone, don't try to hide it. I am not disagreeing far right violence is a problem, not sure why you are even bringing that up. I am calling you out on ANTIFA, anyone who makes excuses for ANTIFA should evaluate their morals.
    Once again attacking straw men. You want me to have excused Antifa violence because that's something you can attack. I don't excuse it. You need not search for long on this forum to find whole threads of people claiming Antifa and leftist violence to be the largest threat the western world has ever seen, while simultaneously defending every violent act performed by the far right because their violence is justified in the face of the horrible leftists.

I have never seen anyone defend Antifa, I have seen hundreds defend far right extremists. And from this stems my comment.

The "War on Terror" is over. Terrorism is basically just another form of crime really - and not a very common one. Even during 2001 - 9/11 killed what, 3,000 people? Regular old homicide was ~14,000. And that's the most people they ever killed, whereas the US homicide rate is a yearly occurrence.

So I'm sure there will still be the occasional car attack, and of course intercepting cells and hunting down the wannabe terrorists is still important. But it's just part of the background noise of crime.

There are certainly some trends though. Now that they're desperate, out of resources and their cells are shut down or heavily monitored, organised attacks are rarer. Most of the "terrorist attacks" we've seen lately have been repeat offender low level criminals, typically with a history of drug abuse, who snap and commit an attack with questionable links to any greater organisation. The attacks are opportunistic, eg car rammings rather than anything planned out and well equipped.

And yes, far right violence is definitely an increasing concern.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    so, a spike of 14 deaths (per year I guess??) in a 3 years span......Ooook . Shall we count the actual bodycount of islamic terrorism in europe ?
    Looking back over the history of terrorist attacks in Europe, Islamic attacks were sporadic and nowhere near the level of earlier periods like the 70s, 80s and early 90s.

https://www.statista.com/chart/4093/...pe-since-1970/

This is raw numbers, not even adjusting for population growth which would make the trend even more stark.

Basically, the IRA, ETA and a few others killed way more people in Europe than Islamic terrorism ever did, even if you include the outliers like Madrid, London and Paris.

Our parents and grandparents lived through an era of far worse terrorism in Europe than we have.

But Islamic terrorist attacks are a big problem... in the Middle East:

https://www.statista.com/chart/4094/...akistan-et-al/
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-12-06 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And that's why I am calling you out if you don't think they are a threat!! Just because you don't kill someone doesn't mean you're not a threat! The guy who shot those Republicans in a baseball field didn't kill one of them, so in your mind, he wasn't a threat?

Watch this and tell me they are not a threat.

It's cute how you post this yet in America we have serious right terror issues. You know the woman who got killed when a psycho ran into a crowd. The jews that got killed in the synagogue, the innocent black people shot because the guy couldn't get into a black church, the guy who did succeed shooting up a black church. The Indians killed because right people thought they were muslims, the bombs sent to top ranking democrats.

But yeah antifa punching someone or tipping over a garbage can... that's where the real terror is.

I have never seen anyone defend Antifa
    Turn on the tv, CNN. Nuff said.

That's why Antifa is perceived as a major threat, because the people who are supposed to keep in check and condemn these fringe extremists on their sides are NOT DOING IT.

The right condems the far right when it does something violent but the left does not condemn the regressive left when they do. That's the difference that makes them a threat, not a 14 cases increase over three years.

Do you even realize the amount of people in Sweden who claim that the islamists are coming to murder us all and that muslims are the biggest threat to Sweden in the history of our nation simply because of 1 terrorist attack that claimed the lives of 5 people two years ago?
    I don't really care what they think. What they think is irrelevant to my post.
    I'm not saying that the far right is more dangerous than islamic terrorists as a whole, I'm not a moron. But the rhetoric is laughable. The amount of fearmongering related to muslims is just off the charts these days while people shrug off any time a far right extremist comits a violent crime with "Well what do you expect?"
    You just called an increase of 3 to 17 deaths the rising threat of the far-right. I hope you do see the irony in this.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-12-06 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Are you just upset that Islamic extremists are more organized and dedicated to their cause than other right-wingers?
    I guess thats one weird way of being proud of your relgion?