Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump refuses to recite Apostle's Creed at Bush funeral

Every President Recited This Prayer Except Trump, And People Definitely Noticed

People on Twitter are calling out President Donald Trump for failing to recite the Apostles’ Creed at the funeral for former President George H. W. Bush on Wednesday.

Footage from the event shows much of the church, including the former presidents seated with Trump, standing to recite the profession of faith.

Trump and first lady Melania Trump stood, but did not recite the prayer, which was written in the program, nor did they sing the hymns.
    Impeach the MF.

I'm not going to complain if Trump doesn't open his mouth. The odds of embarrassment skyrocket if he has to say or read something. Was probably the safer choice and endure the criticism.

As a proud hater of Trump, I don't give a shit if he chooses to not sing along. This is rather meaningless, and there are thousands of far better reasons to not like the guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were there big words? I bet there were big words...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'll never understand why the tweets of random people are worth adding to news articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I'll never understand why the tweets of random people are worth adding to news articles.
    Neither to I. On other topics, they take tweets from troll accounts and act like it matters.

I wouldn't expect anyone to recite a prayer, or a particular prayer, or especially that one. But you know, it is the height of hypocrisy for evangelicals to call Obama a Muslim and then overlook all this kind of thing.

Realistically, Trump doesn't even pay lip service to religion, he should grow a pair and come out as irreligious. Instead of maintaining this absurd charade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Were there big words? I bet there were big words...
    There's a bunch of versions, I'm not sure which they use. Maybe this one?

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth.
    I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
    who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
    born of the Virgin Mary,
    suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified, died, and was buried;
    he descended to the dead.
    On the third day he rose again;
    he ascended into heaven,
    he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
    and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and the life everlasting.
    Amen.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles%27_Creed

Mostly pretty short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a ridiculous thing to be expected to say, quite honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Who cares, Bush was a shitty war criminal anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, he didn't recite essentially the Christian pledge of allegiance?

As an atheist, I really don't give a fuck.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There's a bunch of versions, I'm not sure which they use. Maybe this one?

Mostly pretty short.
    Remember, he's the guy that couldn't get the national anthem right during his own inauguration.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post

Neither do the hard-line evangelical Christians who will rush to the polls to support him in the next election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Neither do the hard-line evangelical Christians who will rush to the polls to support him in the next election.
    And we all regard them as hypocrites for it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I think it's a ridiculous thing to be expected to say, quite honestly.
    You know, if I didn't already despise Trump for many many reasons, I would actually praise him for this. But, there is nothing in existence that could ever get me to actually praise him, because I know if he ever does something right it's totally by accident and out of ignorance.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-12-06 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Remember, he's the guy that couldn't get the national anthem right during his own inauguration.
    I mean one time he fucked up the phrase "United States".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk6oC2CuT0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    You know, if I didn't already despise Trump for many many reasons, I would actually praise him for this. But, there is nothing in existence that could ever get me to actually praise him, because I know if he ever does something right it's totally by accident and out of ignorance.
    Yeah, I don't really care about this subject entirely, I don't feel like Trump isn't upholding some "long held tradition" because frankly, it's a Christian religious tradition and politicians are supposed to be secular state agents. I know Trump isn't saying it because he's an idiot, and that's sad, but I'm kinda used to "our president is a moron" by now.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't really care about this subject entirely, I don't feel like Trump isn't upholding some "long held tradition" because frankly, it's a Christian religious tradition and politicians are supposed to be secular state agents. I know Trump isn't saying it because he's an idiot, and that's sad, but I'm kinda used to "our president is a moron" by now.
    Yeah...we need a president that will just stand up and say "I'm athiest, I'm not saying this crap." This is a very rare case of Trump doing the right thing. But since it was for the wrong reason it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I'd respect it if he came out and stated a moral principle for not reciting it.

But ahaha, that'll never happen.

I am a lapsed Catholic. I still have this memorized from when i was young. I am no longer practicing and I am pretty much an Atheist at this point.

It doesn't really bother me too much he didn't say it. Hes not Catholic and from what we can tell, not really religious at all. You could make an argument he could have just recited it out of respect ( I still "pray" with my family at events even though i don;t really believe it out of respect for my grandmother.)

But he didn't really do anything wrong here imo

15+ Year Old Account
    He is free not to recite religious crap.
    It is amusing though since he pander the religious right so hard and often portray himself as one of them.
    I think he just did what he always do, fucked up. His former illegal alien wife maybe struggled with the words.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.