Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tides of Vengeance Arrives Starting December 11

Patch 8.1 Spells Being Taken off the Global Cooldown

Tides of Vengeance Arrives Starting December 11
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The release of Tides of Vengeance opens the way for a new Warfront — Battle for Darkshore, new dwarf and blood elf Heritage armor, Faction Assaults and more. Learn about what’s in store in our Survival Guide and feature previews.

New Warfront: Battle for Darkshore

In the ashen shadow of Teldrassil, the night elves strike back against the Forsaken to reclaim their ancestral homeland in an all-new co-op Warfront. In between battles, discover what awaits in a new version of the Darkshore zone reshaped by the fires of war. This new Warfront will be available to Alliance players as of December 11 and we’ve shortened the cycle for the first two weeks of the Warfront so that players from both factions will have access to it and all its rewards prior to the holidays. Learn More...

Faction Assaults

Grab your friends and take part in the new Faction Assaults in Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Defend against invaders or push deep into enemy territory for fun and great rewards. Learn More...

Pet Battle Dungeon: Gnomeregan

Marshal your menagerie and head into the halls of Gnomeregan to face the challenges within in this new Pet Battle Dungeon. Learn More...

New Blood Elf and Dwarf Heritage Armor

Celebrate your legacy with two new Heritage Armor sets. Learn More...

Explore Two New Islands in Island Expeditions

Set sail for two new islands—Havenswood and Jorundall— and see what new adventures await in Island Expeditions. Learn More...

New War Campaign Chapters Open

Continue your adventures through Kul Tiras and Zandalar with new War Campaign chapters. Delve into new questlines and new missions as you push forward with your faction’s cause.

Azerite Armor Updates

With the release of Tides of Vengeance, we’ve added a new way for players who participate in Mythic Keystone Dungeons to gain specific Azerite Armor. These players will be able to earn a new currency —Titan Residuum—which can be used to purchase specific items from Thaumaturge Vashreen. You can read more in our forum post.

Once Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 begins, we’ll be introducing new Azerite traits and adding a new fifth ring to items that currently have four rings.The re-spec cost will be reset on Azerite traits and will be reduced from 72 hours to 24 hours.

Reaching Friendly, Honored, or Revered reputation with the Champions of Azeroth faction now unlocks the appropriate quests to upgrade your Heart of Azeroth for all characters on your account.

New Mount: Meat Wagon

Prepare to relive the adventure that laid the foundation for Azeroth’s most epic stories. Pre-purchase Warcraft III: Reforged and you’ll receive the new Meat Wagon mount —live in-game with Tides of Vengeance! Learn more at PlayWarcraft3.com.

Battle of Dazar’alor Opens January 22

For ages untold, Dazar’alor has stood at the center of the great and powerful Zandalari empire. Its guards have thwarted numerous attempts on King Rastakhan’s life, and it has endured trials both ancient and new. But as war reaches the shores of Zuldazar, the Alliance embarks on a daring gambit to besiege the golden pyramid and sever the Zandalari’s bond to the Horde.

Raid Unlock Schedule

• January 22 — Normal and Heroic Difficulties
    • January 29 — Mythic and Raid Finder Wing 1
    • February 12 — Raid Finder Wing 2
    • February 26 — Raid Finder Wing 3

PvP Season 1 Ending and Season 2 Coming January 22

Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 1 will end and Season 2 will begin at the same time as Battle of Dazar’alor opens on January 22.

Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 Begins January 22

To align with the opening of the new raid dungeon, Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 will begin on January 22 with a new Affix to put you and your group to the test.

There’s more to explore in Tides of Vengeance and we look forward to seeing you in game!
    Last edited by Osiris; 2018-12-06 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice. 17GB patch... another MONTH AND A HALF for the new raid to open.

Oh Hey, PoE is releasing another new free expansion Friday. Looks like that'll be my thing until late January

Are you ready for Gate.1?

Wow...pvp season ending next Tuesday and NOTHING until the 22nd of January. I'm sorry, but what the FUCK are you thinking Blizzard? Why are you consistently trying to fuck over your player base? I think I am done. There is no point in playing until nearly 2 months from now, and by then I won't give a fuck about this game anymore. My motivation was already extremely low. This is just sad. My favorite game has fallen so low I don't even recognize it anymore. Devs used to care. Now they act like this game is a burden, and couldn't give two shits whether is fails or succeeds.
    Last edited by FreshieFresh; 2018-12-06 at 07:49 PM.

Why the hell is it 1 1/2 months for the raid to open? Seriously? Is it even really a patch feature if its coming out that late?

10+ Year Old Account
    this should be a stealth hot fix not a full blown patch with a video...

Well patch 8.1.5 for the new allied races it is looking like, so March? I think I will wait till 8.2.x to come back then since this is clearly a garbage patch.

they have said since Con that the raid wouldn't be till Jan so no one felt pressured to raid during the holidays, also allows them to be off.....

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    they have said since Con that the raid wouldn't be till Jan so no one felt pressured to raid during the holidays, also allows them to be off.....
    1. January 22nd might as well be February. When they stated January, most expected the first week of January.
    2. Allows them to be off? For what? Two fucking months? That's unacceptable. I get two days off. Christmas, and New years. I am taking the weekend after Christmas off. This is the business world. Not fucking high school.
    3. The patch that they are giving us are things that should have been in at launch and they're STILL not addressing the major issues this xpac brought.

There is absolutely no excuse for this level of half assery from a billion dollar company. This is a clear sign that this game is failing, and it spells disaster for the future of this game. I expect sub numbers to dwindle below the million mark now if they haven't already.

this still beats patch 6.1 . At least new content such as WQ, Isles and new profession recipes. I dont mind blizzard holding out raid til after the holidays but a week after new year would seem more appropriate to release them.

What happen to the posters who don't want Blizzard to release a raid until it's ready? Wouldn't releasing it earlier by rushing it?

Let me make sure I get this right...

*Blizzard releases any news*

OMFG, THAT'S IT, I QUIT. This game is worth playing anymore. The sky is on fire! Things are different or things aren't different enough.

I get that there are legitimate gripes to be had, but this has been a fairly constant thing for a while now. We get a patch, we get a raid a little later. Its not that big of a freaking deal.

I do wish they had said SOMETHING about Allied Races, but damn. It'll be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Seriously Blizzard? You will not release the raid in December? What do you expect? That I spend my holidays with my family or something?! Shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I do wish they had said SOMETHING about Allied Races, but damn. It'll be ok.
    My main issue is the quality of this expansion compared to the last one is so much less even with content gaps. If 8.2.x looks promising I will come back and I will get my Zandalari. Until then Warframe and Guildwars 2 will have my attention as well as my Switch.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    WOOOOOWHOOOOO!!!!! New world quests!!

Oh nice! The release date of the allied races that were announced in 2017 or early 2018! ... NOT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well patch 8.1.5 for the new allied races it is looking like, so March? I think I will wait till 8.2.x to come back then since this is clearly a garbage patch.
    I think it is comming in January 22 together with the raid, but the LFR will probably have to wait longer for all the LFR wings to unlock.
    And knowing Blizzard and Ion, you probably might even have to raid in each faction as well, to unlock them seperately

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Oh nice! The release date of the allied races that were announced in 2017 or early 2018! ... NOT

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is comming in January 22 together with the raid, but the LFR will probably have to wait longer for all the LFR wings to unlock.
    And knowing Blizzard and Ion, you probably might even have to raid in each faction as well, to unlock them seperately

Well considering it was not mentioned in this overview we are not getting them until 8.1.5 so don't expect that patch to drop until people are bored. Most people don't do actual normal raids, they use LFR so it won't be 22nd for the vast majority regardless.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Raid opening at the end of january... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    Why the hell is it 1 1/2 months for the raid to open? Seriously? Is it even really a patch feature if its coming out that late?
    They are still finishing the models of the Zandalari and the Kul Tirans, so they won't come out rushed! I mean, it has been such a short time since their announcement ... /S

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Finally.

- - - Updated - - -

Now can't wait for patch 8.2 to see what's next for sylvanas and varok.