Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I thought this was going to be about relationships.
    Lol yep, I did as well. I was like "another one of these, cool!"
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Challenge yourself by not using Shazam...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Find me a post on this forum where a person asked if something was cheating and the thing was demonstrably not cheating. I'll wait.
    Why would you ask if the answer is obvious? Even in this case, not sure if it is cheating, since we don't know what rules, if any, were set for this pointless assignment.

I'm curious as to which songs where chosen

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Find me a post on this forum where a person asked if something was cheating and the thing was demonstrably not cheating. I'll wait.
    you're posting in one, depending on what the assignment is meant to measure.

it can certainly not be cheating.

especially since the teacher didnt specify "no shazam"

anything not illegal is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Aren't you the killjoy. It was a FUN assignment for extra credit. Its a whole 10 points toward our overall grade which has a total of 610 points possible in the class. BTW extra credit doesn't have to be assignments based on information taught/in relation to stuff for the class. It could literally be "wipe the blackboards and I'll give you 10 points" or "go to this school play and I'll give you 10 points". Sheash!
    Wait, so kids can get extra marks in school towards their courses by doing manual chores like cleaning blackboards? Is this a common thing?

If you have to look up all 10 of them I'd say yes , you cheated . If you only look up a couple I'd overlook patching a 7/10 score with internet is different than pretending to know 10 songs when truly you are clueless.
    In any case if it helps your carreer i'd say go for it and don't think twice it's not like lying about knowing how to do heart surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Only if you fuck the professor.
    i nose-farted
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

If its part of a test in class then its cheating like answering any other question. If not then no, then its like reading to answer a homework assignment.

if the instructor "catches" you cheating then it could be cheating and you should debate them on why it isn't. if they don't catch you though, then it isn't cheating.

LOL no way....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    When you use the forum as your personal blog, you're going to incur a degree of hostility.
    If you are a dickbag for sure lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I'm curious as to which songs where chosen
    1. Paula Abdul - Rush Rush
    2. Lionel Richie - Running With The Night
    3. Lady Gaga - Do What U Want
    4. Cranberries - Zombie
    5. Brooks & Dunn - She Used To Be Mine
    6. Boston - Amanda
    7. 3 Doors Down - It's Not My Time
    8. Survivor - Burning Heart
    9. Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
    10. Nickleback - Gotta Be Somebody

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Wait, so kids can get extra marks in school towards their courses by doing manual chores like cleaning blackboards? Is this a common thing?
    There have been very small things offered by teachers to students for them to get a few points of extra credit. In high school our history teacher offered a little extra credit for students if they brought in proof they attended the school play. My second semester at college right out of high school my music appreciation instructor offered extra credit if we brought in proof of attending the Fresno Philharmonic (local symphony group) any time during the semester. In high school I had a couple teachers give out extra credit if students brought in canned goods during canned food drives. First semester in college right out of high school I had a microbiology professor offer extra credit for voting in the election & some if you brought in an unwrapped toy for the children's toy drive in December. Extra credit is just a way for instructors to give out some points to their students to break up the monotony of the regular learning.

Aren't you the killjoy. It was a FUN assignment for extra credit. Its a whole 10 points toward our overall grade which has a total of 610 points possible in the class. BTW extra credit doesn't have to be assignments based on information taught/in relation to stuff for the class. It could literally be "wipe the blackboards and I'll give you 10 points" or "go to this school play and I'll give you 10 points". Sheash!
    As a prof, this is a stupid fucking extra credit assignment and your teacher is a shit prof. And yes, extra credit should be related to things you learn in class. Why would anyone give class credit for something unrelated to what you're supposed to be learning in the course? That makes absolutely no sense. But I guess that's what millenial college kids expect these days, free points for not working in class.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless the teacher specifically mentioned not using what you did, then no. When I was taking my anatomy courses, a teacher said we were allowed notes on our exams, but were limited to 1 3x5 note card. He didn't specify if it's 3'x5' or 3"x5" so a classmate shows up with this giant 3'x5' piece of paper. He said screw it and let the whole class use this dudes notes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

It could literally be "wipe the blackboards and I'll give you 10 points" or "go to this school play and I'll give you 10 points". Sheash!
    You answered your own question. The assignment really wasn't meant to be serious, so the teacher isn't going to give any fucks how you accomplished it.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Your instructor posts an extra credit assignment that was to give the artist name & title for 10 songs to get extra credit and you use shazam to make sure you get them right? Asking for a friend and hypothetically obviously...
    You can pretty much type lyrics for songs into google and get them. If the song is instrumental only, I might consider it cheating a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Unless the teacher specifically mentioned not using what you did, then no. When I was taking my anatomy courses, a teacher said we were allowed notes on our exams, but were limited to 1 3x5 note card. He didn't specify if it's 3'x5' or 3"x5" so a classmate shows up with this giant 3'x5' piece of paper. He said screw it and let the whole class use this dudes notes.
    Cheat cards for anatomy?? Now, I've heard it all. I'm assuming this was a community college but still...he had no faith that you guys can actually memorize. Wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Cheat cards for anatomy?? Now, I've heard it all. I'm assuming this was a community college but still...he had no faith that you guys can actually memorize. Wow.
    My physio class allowed 1 handwritten 8x11 note if when we did our practice review game of Jeopardy (on teams as a class) and none of the questions were answered wrong. We could have whatever we wanted on the note but the catch was it had to be 100% handwritten notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The teacher asked you to figure out the song name and the author. Aside from being a ridiculously stupid assignment, if they didn't put any restrictions on how you come about that information, what difference does it make?

This is the kind of thing that should be done in class if the teacher wants to avoid people essentially "googling" the answer.

Of course, if you used shazam while in class, then yeah the teach might have assumed you'd have your phones put away and thus it is implied that using them is against the rules.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.