Thread: New raid Jan 22

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If they want to keep people entertained, they should release content faster..

These are new times and people will not pay each month, if they feel bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Honestly I wouldn’t mind the gating if it was done like suramar/nighthold. Nighthold was obviously gated but it felt much more fluid because we had the entire suramar campaign building up to it so when it opened it felt good. Felt like I finally got to deal with elisande and this entire palace that I learned about during the campaign. All the effort of building forces, covert recruitment and assasinations and sacrifices of characters that we got to know made for a very compelling raid (imo). That’s just my opinion, they can do time gating really well if they put effort into it. It didn’t even feel like NH was time gated to me and mostly everyone I raided with, the buildup was done so well.

That’s probably why there’s a lot of people asking for something like that back. The quests felt good especially with the voice acting being prominent for most of it. I’m not usually one to get immersed much but this really did it for me. Again, fantastic example of how to time gate and instead of doing another campaign or something with similar quality we get nothing until the 22nd. Big difference.
    And that’s why the 8.1 war campaign is time gated. And why people inferred that a January 22 launch was very likely since that’s when part 4 of the war campaign is coming out according to PTR calendar.

So they are doing the same thing. Just with slightly fewer chapters but this time lining up when raid launches.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    If you aren't going to reread my comments and have an actual discussion then you can continue upping your post count to help you sleep well at night.
    Post count? Who the hell cares about that? Well, maybe people that think that their opinion about video game is "objective fact" care ;D. No, I won't continue this "discussion" (you can reply once more to get last word and "win discussion" if you want). Sleeep well!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    Fair but again that's the system for gearing. I would propose that separating that flaw from the actual experience of fighting the bosses will raise your enjoyment over all.

Ghuun is a very fun fight too me zek'voz too mother is pretty easy but it's fun in my opinion.

So, yeah, gearing is weird and flawed and you can let it ruin everything for you but I don't think we should
    See, I play the game to gear, that's where I get my fun, so that's not really applicable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    See, I play the game to gear, that's where I get my fun, so that's not really applicable to me.
    Ah well sorry hear that. I guess I'm lucky that my favorite thing is killing tough bosses and then pet battling on the side ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What would satisfy you? .
    More content. Consider this... BfA dropped, basically, on 9/1. In the last 3 months, they've received $45m for each 1M subs (more or less... I get that there's a discount for buying a multi-month sub, etc). Let's say they have, on the low end, 2m subs. So they've grossed ~$90m from BfA subs alone. That doesn't include the box price or any other services.

What do I expect from a company whose product grosses $90m or so every 3 months? Well, more than we get on the 11th, that's for damn sure.

Why not, say, new 5 mans? Oh, I know... 'they take a lot of effort!!!" So? I mean, reuse art if you need to - I'd rather a new dungeon with similar art than nothing.

And if it's THAT hard to create dungeons aside from the art... why do their tools suck so bad? After 14 years, why would they have crappy tools?

Finally, just to answer this before someone says it... yes, I get that they need people to do the work. So... hire some? It's not like they've not known the release date of BfA for months before this fall and thus that they would need patch content, etc.

Or we can just keep making excuses for a large game company that can't seem to create much content.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-12-06 at 10:40 PM.

I don't even care much about raiding anymore, what's pissing me off is the story and the azerite system is boring, and the content in this patch is centered around more Horde vs. Alliance shit and infusing Azeroth discharge into our armor for lame ass traits. The one saving grace is the leveling xp nerf, but even that's just meh because it's one of those things they broke so later they could "fix it" and advertise it as a patch feature. "Look, in 8.1 we fix what we fucked earlier this year!" If that's not trolling, I don't know what is. As game director, Ion has to be blamed for it.

Deleted
    I'm not really happy with the date. They shoud just open the mini raid at launch.

22 is the worst possible week for me. I have waited 12 years for KH3. F you Blizzard! You are not ruining this occasion for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    And that’s why the 8.1 war campaign is time gated. And why people inferred that a January 22 launch was very likely since that’s when part 4 of the war campaign is coming out according to PTR calendar.

So they are doing the same thing. Just with slightly fewer chapters but this time lining up when raid launches.
    Yes, so now instead of the campaign gating the raid which worked out really well, both of them are gated by nothing and we wait an entire month to do both. That’s much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    More content. Consider this... BfA dropped, basically, on 9/1. In the last 3 months, they've received $45m for each 1M subs (more or less... I get that there's a discount for buying a multi-month sub, etc). Let's say they have, on the low end, 2m subs. So they've grossed ~$90m from BfA subs alone. That doesn't include the box price or any other services.

What do I expect from a company whose product grosses $90m or so every 3 months? Well, more than we get on the 11th, that's for damn sure.

Why not, say, new 5 mans? Oh, I know... 'they take a lot of effort!!!" So? I mean, reuse art if you need to - I'd rather a new dungeon with similar art than nothing.

And if it's THAT hard to create dungeons aside from the art... why do their tools suck so bad? After 14 years, why would they have crappy tools?

Finally, just to answer this before someone says it... yes, I get that they need people to do the work. So... hire some? It's not like they've not known the release date of BfA for months before this fall and thus that they would need patch content, etc.

Or we can just keep making excuses for a large game company that can't seem to create much content.
    If you look at the past, we used to get a lot more dungeon and raid content over the course of an expansion, it's kind of sad now. And people are SUPER EXCITED at their one Dungeon on occasion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    I'm not saying to should be before Christmas, no reason it couldnt be the first week of January. It's not like theres anything to do in 8.1 that wont be finished in 20 minutes of patch release. Also.... lfr wing 3 isn't even released until Feb 26 which is probably when they'll give us the races fi ally. So the patch comes out on dec 11 but we have to wait almost 3 months for allied races...
    because some people travel cross the world to visit with their families for christmas, so first week of january would be bad.
    also btw, for example in legion there was 5 months between each raid, this will put uldir at 4.5 between sooooo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Holidays don't really mean much for content release. Vanilla launched the week of a major holiday, thanksgiving. If they didn't pay much attention to it with a brand new product launch then content launches or raid openings won't be a big deal. The delay is also over a month so it has no bearing on the holidays. So there is little reason to bring it up.
    yes,. yes they do, i love how your only comparison is fucking vanilla.
    they have stopped doing holiday released for years now because those were HORRIBLE

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you do M+ you get what exactly? A new warfront that'll be just as boring as the last one? New Islands that you may or may not even do since Islands are garbage content? Azerite changes that you won't see till the raid releases? Faction assaults that are just invasion 2.0? 8.1 is an extremely empty patch.
    Warfront, islands, faction assaults, Heritage armors, raid, new pet battle dungeon, new war campaign, system changes, reputation changes, new vendors for M+, warfronts, and general pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

22nd is way too late imo.

By then I'll probably be busy with 4.5 in FF14 and end up playing catchup with the raid. Should have been first week of January.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Warfront, islands, faction assaults, Heritage armors, raid, new pet battle dungeon, new war campaign, system changes, reputation changes, new vendors for M+, warfronts, and general pvp.
    Well... not the raid, not on the 11th. Aside from that it sounds like a lot but let's split it out into playable content and other features:

playable content
    Warfront, islands, faction assaults, new war campaign

1 new warfront which, if it's like Stromgarde, is useful a couple of times. Islands - new, but this is some of the more boring content I've done in WoW so it's hard to get excited about new maps. If the new island bring new AI enemies that are more compelling... ok. Faction Assaults - Legion invasions Part 2? Decent but need to see it. War Campaign - mostly these are rep based quests. Good for them doing this, but we need to see how they are.

That's IT for new playable content until Jan 22.

Other features
    Heritage armors, system changes, reputation changes, new vendors for M+

IN between (not core play content)
    new pet battle dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm not really happy with the date. They shoud just open the mini raid at launch.

22 is the worst possible week for me. I have waited 12 years for KH3. F you Blizzard! You are not ruining this occasion for me.
    I'd rather a Jan release than Dec. December is nasty for attendance due to the holidays for the last 2-3 weeks.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Except in Legion the patch cycle was 11 weeks, not 18 weeks and 7.1 came with a smaller raid right away and a large dungeon.
    they admitted that Trial of valor was released to soon tho? so not strange that they wait until the holidays are over!

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, people are noting that raids have historically come out every 5 months or so and that's true and worked well... in the past.

Remember, that in the past most raids took a big chunk of that 5 month period progressing. You wouldn't kill the entire raid for weeks and weeks, maybe even taking most of the 4-5 months to get to and farm the last boss. There wasn't another option - if you wanted to see the raid, that was how you did it.

The two things that are different now are LFR and normal. LFR obviously lets you see the raid when a wing is released. There's no real progression there - if you want to, you'll see all of the bosses in a wing the week it's released.

Normal isn't much better. While I'm sure some people progress in normal, most people get through it in a month or less. That means that if you hit normal the week it's out, you're done pretty fast. In this environment, insisting on 5 months between raids means you have a long drought where you're farming the raid or not raiding depending on how you deal with a raid once it's done (obviously some people move to the next difficulty bit that's not really a new raid, is it?)

The cowards still haven't said when Zandalari and KT fatties are playable. March sometime after the last LFR comes I guess?

I feel like the source of the problem really came down to release date. BfA released too early and at a poor time. I feel like Legion would have suffered a similar timing issue were it not for ToV. Had BfA released in October, timing would have felt okay here and product would have felt more finished to boot. I know people hated big year gaps at the end of expansions, but as could be seen, user complaints are far more prevalent when these gaps are placed in the middle of the expansion. Final tiers being longer than others are nice because final tiers also feel like you finally received the complete game. Blizz can go all out with their trinkets, etc. as well without fear of it being OP for future tiers. There's more benefits for putting the gap there.

You CAN'T subscribe every 4/5/6 months to raid, it's just not possible in a guilded environment. All I want them to do is bring what they are doing for M+ to raiding, allow us to work towards guaranteed rewards (and not the shitty "scrap Azerite Gear for minimal currency"). Raiding has felt like TRASH all expansion, to the point our whole group quit 3 weeks in, they need to bring back ML, ditch TF, and just bring back raiding to what it used to be back in MoP and prior.
    This, with the gear scaling and warforging getting to mythic raid ilvls just cause rng it's pretty shitty, even back at mop at best you get something with 10 ilvl more
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes,. yes they do, i love how your only comparison is fucking vanilla.
    they have stopped doing holiday released for years now because those were HORRIBLE
    Because it shows that the holiday means little. If they want to release something they will release when they want whether or not a holiday is coming. It still doesn't change that January 22nd is way after Christmas and New Years. Either way you are just spouting BS and given your caps lock and swear words getting quite angry over it. And also the raid can't be released before it is ready because it is ready the day the patch releases. It isn't unfinished until they fully unlock it. What kind of logic even brought you to that conclusion.

Holiday releases are not that horrible. World first players will still play. The rest who think they are competing of course will have their egos hurt when they suddenly can't play. There is nothing wrong with a guild taking a holiday break and not getting to jump right in because of that. I can guarantee you that if it released during 25th-1st that their will still be plenty of pugs attempting it.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2018-12-07 at 04:53 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."