10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Considering there are no numbers or subtitles, it might as well be Dragon Age Immortal.
    Haha, good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Not gonna link it, go find it yourself.

got approved for alpha hell yea already pre-loaded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    People still expecting something from this after Andromeda and EA's last few years in general?
    thing is this is THE best studio within bioware. this is their chance to see if they're still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    People still expecting something from this after Andromeda and EA's last few years in general?
    This is why studios don't change anything. There are enough people who are dumb enough to let their nostalgia or the old "high" rule them. Even Bethesda won't suffer anything from this Fallout 76 fiasco. When TES 6 and Starfield are close to release, you'll see a lot of posts about how they've learned their lesson and they'll never screw you over again.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Gameplay over story, I stay for the gameplay. Vanilla wow told the worse story ever and people hated mop but I stayed during both for the awesome pvp. I didn't like wotlk pvp though might've just played it long.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-12-07 at 06:03 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I don't think I can laugh any harder. It's a looter-shooter where they've stated it will be sparse on story and "instead focus on the gameplay" ... it's gonna be chock full of that stuff just like Destiny2.
    Destiny 2 suffers from a whole lot of different reasons actually, the gunplay is pretty good in that game.

While i agree that story is a big part of a game if done well, gameplay beats it 1000x. If a game plays good and it's fun, people will just continue playing - which is the most important goal you want to achieve.

D3 was and is mediocre at best, but combat is hella fluid so people played it a lot even if it's nothing special.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got into alpha, but can't talk about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Destiny 2 suffers from a whole lot of different reasons actually, the gunplay is pretty good in that game.

While i agree that story is a big part of a game if done well, gameplay beats it 1000x. If a game plays good and it's fun, people will just continue playing - which is the most important goal you want to achieve.

D3 was and is mediocre at best, but combat is hella fluid so people played it a lot even if it's nothing special.
    This exactly. I didn't buy Destiny 1 or 2 for story, i wanted a good loop, and did not really get that with either until much later in the games life. Anthem is being watched with the same skepticism. I want a looter-shooter that has a good gameplay loop. I want something that encourages me to grab a buddy or two and us go blow up bad guys. Story is nice but 90% of time, storylines are only relevant til level cap or whatever the equivalent is. Give me crunchy mechanics and great visuals for a looter-shooter over storyline any day.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Anthem looks like it is going to be Warframe/Destiny meets Monster Hunter with a sprinkle of Gears of War, and that makes me very happy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Anthem looks like it is going to be Warframe/Destiny meets Monster Hunter with a sprinkle of Gears of War, and that makes me very happy lol.
    The Alpha was OK. It basically is this, except I don't know if there will be any world exploration at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it breaking the NDA if I say it was shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Is it breaking the NDA if I say it was shit?
    As long as we don't detail anything, should be safe.

I have to say I was horridly disappointed by the Alpha, sadly I can not talk about my absolute grievances because it would be breaking the NDA.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    As long as we don't detail anything, should be safe.
    Well the game is mega shit I'm left wondering why they'd even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Well the game is mega shit I'm left wondering why they'd even bother.
    Yeah, unless the single player/campaign has something amazing to offer, I see no reason to play this over Destiny and Warframe is easily better than both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Staying vague but not too worried about NDA stuff.

I must of been one of the rare people that didn't think it was shit. Combat felt good for the limited offerings we had. Flight is fun as hell. Spent a lot of time in freemode looking around, unfortunately had a lot of areas kick you out as they were not enabled. Wish the forge was online but o well. Little details such as npcs making fun of you if you kill the rabbit things were neat.

I want to see more before i commit but I think it stands a good chance to being at least better than Destiny in my opinion, maybe not up to Warframe standards though.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anthem is EA's 1 chance to show me that they have listened to the buyers. I have had them black listed for quite a while now, and this game has the potential to put them into caution level. If this game bombs, and is filled with all the things I black listed EA for, this will be the absolute nail in the coffin.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt able to play it because of the idiotic hours they picked. Already bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Anthem is EA's 1 chance to show me that they have listened to the buyers. I have had them black listed for quite a while now, and this game has the potential to put them into caution level. If this game bombs, and is filled with all the things I black listed EA for, this will be the absolute nail in the coffin.
    It's got a lot of weight on its shoulders for sure. I won't say it is going to be awesome, but i will say that myself and friends that played alpha felt like this is definitely were the Bioware A-team was hiding instead of Andromeda. The alpha did not have enough features to make a declarative statement on whether is sucked or didn't suck really. It would be like basing your opinion on wow with just a trial account, except you only get to play one class, and cant even change equipment. This was just a test of functions, not design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    It's got a lot of weight on its shoulders for sure. I won't say it is going to be awesome, but i will say that myself and friends that played alpha felt like this is definitely were the Bioware A-team was hiding instead of Andromeda. The alpha did not have enough features to make a declarative statement on whether is sucked or didn't suck really. It would be like basing your opinion on wow with just a trial account, except you only get to play one class, and cant even change equipment. This was just a test of functions, not design.
    That is good to know = ) This gives me a frame of reference when reading the alpha reviews.

I'll be keeping an eye on this game for sure. I love the concept, I just want to be sure it is executed well before I dive in.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.