Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BFA is just as bad as a game can be.

Do you realise that is not only about PVE.

How BFA could be better, if class design suck balls?

really, 90% who played for years can litreally say that CLASS MECHANICS / GAMEPLAY are boring than ever been....

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    You happen to link your calendar, ofc. I wouldn't know just from the icons alone. But if you actually look what all those icons are, you see it's just stuff like "do a mission", "do 20 missions", "do 100 missions", "do an exploration mission", "do a treasure mission", "do a work order at the jewel hut", "do 20 work orders at the jewel hut", "do a work order at the barn" and so on and so on.

I mean, as much as I think it's silly to consider this an actual content, I think blizz should take a lesson and make you obtain an achievement for literally every menial thing you do, imagine how fulfilling the professions would be if you got an achievement for crafting a potion, crafting 10 potions, crafting 100 potions, getting a 10+ proc when crafting a potion, getting 10 10+ procs when crafting a potion, same with flasks, then with armors and weapons, achievements for epic procs and whatnot, fuck I cba typing it all out but I'm sure you know what I mean - everything is an achievement, just like in WoD.
    Did you ever do Ulduar? Every boss has at least 4 different achievements, upwards of 8-10, consisting of things like how many towers you left up, which order you killed them in, or how many keepers you had up. I think when 3.1 was first added Ulduar had to have been a full third of all the achievements in the game just from that.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The only people who had a rough time in WoD were those who didn't use garrisons/didnt pvp at any level/didn't raid apart from LFR. Everyone else had things to do ranging from classic grinds, to some of the best pvp seasons, to casual ashran to some of the best raid maps we saw to date.

Well considering the largest bulk of players have never raided above LFR and a good chunk weren't going to stick around to make gold off of garrisons you have your reasons for the massive drop in WoD. Rated PvP has never been a huge draw when you compare it to the overall playerbase and ashram was avoided like the plague by huge chunks of the population.

The Rep grinds were there, but Blizzards own admission were worthless and only tossed in last minute because there was sl little to do.

So like I said, if you liked raiding and making easy gold you probably were ok with WoD. Everyone else was bored out of their minds.

Edit: I will add there had been two expansions where most of the guild was gone within the first month. One was WoD, the other is now BFA.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2018-12-07 at 09:17 AM.

Sure enough those "silent majorities" aren't that busy "enjoying" BfA that they don't have time to write us what a lovely experience they are all having.

I think its time to quit this cliche speech regarding "vocal minorities" its getting old. The forums are open to everyone. Yes problems are always louder but the complete silence regarding anything about BfA says a lot.

In fact the only reason for saying "vocal minorities" is to describe people who still hope shit can change and subscribe while a silent majority has already quit and turned its back to this shit without bothering to look back.
    Blizz said there was over 100,000,000 accounts made as of MoP. There are fewer than a million registered posters on this forum. If each and every one of them came onto the same megathread and expressed the same opinion about the same subject it would be 1%. There has never been a thread that ever got close to that. So yes, every thread we come into we are hearing the opinions of a millionth of a percent. Cliches are such because they are true.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing a complete expansion to the 1st patch of a current one.... You know what, I aint even gonna bother.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    We are all biased. All feedback comes from vocal minorities. Some feedback isn't helpful, some provides insights or valid critiques.
    You don't have to listen to 'Flying Suxx' or 'Flying Roxx' besides noticing it is an expression of emotion about a perceived outcome.
    You can however have feedback that at least shows you understand the designs as implemented (e.g. this is where most of the anti-TF feedback fails), but you reason why you don't agree with the tradeoffs, or you agree with the intentions but see how the system as implemented perverts the original goals (e.g. Warmode).
    That was very excellent put. I agree completely. As to your previous post, though. I'd take garrisons over islands and warfronts but that's just me. Back on topic. How would you suggest responding to someone who makes good posts but states them in such an unpleasant manner (insulting Blizz/the devs/players who like the game, using foul language, etc) that you want to disregard their argument in its entirely based on (this guy cannot keep it professional/civil so I'm just gonna ignore him?)

WoD for now since we have seen only patch 8.0 so far.
    If whole Beta for Azeroth will suck as it does now (which probably will be true) it is going to gain worst xpack title.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have wept genuine tears of joy if I could play WoD again, and that was previously the worst expansion in my mind.

So yes, BfA is the worst. But remember, just because YOU like it, doesn't mean its not the worst in a democratic sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.
    BFA getting better, fixed according to most players, streamers but it is getting worse for you? How?
    Also, asking MMO-C opinion haha, ask about flying and no flying and see these people rip each other apart.

BFA is the worst expansion to date by a far mile.

WOD? I wouldn't mind playing gladiator warrior once again, it was fun.

Fun.... hm.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really decide, which one is worst.

- In WoD I played all my many alts, build the garrison and leveled them to max, skilled the professions and stuff. I was subbed through all of WoD. I did all the reps and raids and stuff with my main. But not much else.

- In BfA I'm still subbed (if WoW token counts), but I don't play much. Level an alt (lvl 82 atm) if I want to watch videos or movies/tv series and don't have to much paying attention to the game. I seldom log in on my 120s (4 of them), didn't finish the warcampaign with Horde characters. I'm still raiding, but that will stop as soon as christmas-vacations start and many people have already said they won't be playing for 1-2 weeks.
    I hope that there are some interesting things to do in 8.1. If I can't motivate myself enough to play more, it will be kind of a break until the next raid launches.

One big difference between WoD and BfA: even if you have the same regions and quests and stuff for every alt, I'm totally not interested to play it anymore in BfA, while in WoD it did not bother me.
    In Legion was great, every class had the class-campaign and other things class-related. But here I just feel bored. Can't say it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    I would have wept genuine tears of joy if I could play WoD again, and that was previously the worst expansion in my mind.

So yes, BfA is the worst. But remember, just because YOU like it, doesn't mean its not the worst in a democratic sense.
    How do you measure "worst in a democratic sense"? A poll in a random forum covering a random sub-set of the community does not really speak for the community as a whole, especially when it is a vote you need to opt in specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Did you ever do Ulduar? Every boss has at least 4 different achievements, upwards of 8-10, consisting of things like how many towers you left up, which order you killed them in, or how many keepers you had up. I think when 3.1 was first added Ulduar had to have been a full third of all the achievements in the game just from that.
    I didn't mean that as a bad/negative thing. Just said that it's silly to me to consider a shiny pop-up "content".

Speaking of Ulduar, the multiple achievements actually have a meaning - it meant you killed a boss in some unusual (harder) way, not that you killed it one time, ten times or 100 times.

Those achievements show skill and dedication (if gotten once they were relevant ofc.), not the kind of dedication where you're able to log in and click the button every single day though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    BFA is just as bad as a game can be.
    Bad, yes.. But not as bad as possible..

WoD and WotLK are still worse than BfA..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Still better than just doing shit for the sake of getting an arbitrary "score" in RIO just so other players can "allow" you to play with them.

Attunements were definitely more fun, more involving, required skill+socializing, took time in an interesting way, felt like you achieve something and felt rewarding and compelling to play. All the things that RIO will never do plus they were linked to the game and not just a website or an addon with numbers.
    That's a problem on blizzards side. All they really need to do is delete the m+ leader board from their website because that is the root of this toxic environment we are facing in PuGs. Without leader board, the +10 achievement (and good ilvl) would suffice to get into ANY group because RIO or wowprogress would not be able to track which dungeons people do on which difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Comparing a complete expansion to the 1st patch of a current one.... You know what, I aint even gonna bother.
    You can compare the same time frame in both expacs. How did you like wod 3 months into it? vs. BfA 3 months into it? See? Easy.

why is there no option to vote for any other expansions

i for example think that legion was the worst expansion of them all - unfun leveling , and boring shitty instances during whole expansions including 2 extremly weak raids aka tomb and antorus.

WoD and BfA are in my eyes eons above legion in category of "fun i have while playing expansion"

I was playing WoD for quite a while, still played it less than MOP or Cata or Legion but i did play WoD and had some fun with it.

I quit BFA after 3 weeks, stopped playing before by subscription even expired... IMHO boredom4azeroth is the worst product blizzard ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    That's a problem on blizzards side. All they really need to do is delete the m+ leader board from their website because that is the root of this toxic environment we are facing in PuGs. Without leader board, the +10 achievement (and good ilvl) would suffice to get into ANY group because RIO or wowprogress would not be able to track which dungeons people do on which difficulty.
    You're delusional if you think less information will make it easier to get invited to good groups. Instead of being able to get in based on you raider.io, you'll have to actually get to know people and get invited that way. And working your way up through knowing people is going to take longer than working up you raider.io score.
    Not that this is going to happen, because having information and basing your invites on it is not toxic. Expecting 4 others to spend their spare time playing with you with no way to verify that you're worth their time is what's toxic.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU