Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I just cant take these people seriously. People Eat meat, get over it.

"Feed a fed horse"?????

WHAT! Are Peta encouraging us to force feed a horse? Evil Bastards. That's Animal cruelty!

I bring home the bacon every other Friday. We should ask PETA to stop beating the dead horse and just accept that not everyone is a vegan.

Anyone else think itd be nice if this was a real debate, so instead of debating whether its ok for people to say ' the white race is superior and i want ti exterminate all other races" to intstead debate whether or not animal words are offensive because humans came to a global consensus that genocide was inherently wrong? if only

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    The big difference between this and other cultural/social norms that evolve over time, is that we are omnivores. As such, we were designed and built to eat meat.
    It's healthy for us to get a certain amount of the enzymes and proteins we do from meat.
    That isn't a cultural or social thing at all. That's biology.
    Sadly, this is the crux of the problem when it comes to many societal trends nowadays: biology is passed off as a cultural/social construct, which is lunacy. Comes up quite often in gender hot topics, too, where biology must be discarded because it's a construct of <insert bogeyman>. With respect to the idiom in the OP's quote, again it's super similar to the Christmas songs getting banned due to idioms, where the real meaning behind the benign idioms is discarded in favor of outrage with nonsensical dribble as reasoning.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Hold up.

PETA is still a thing? I thought we stopped paying attention to animal rights when shit got real for humans in 2008
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Sadly, this is the crux of the problem when it comes to many societal trends nowadays: biology is passed off as a cultural/social construct, which is lunacy. Comes up quite often in gender hot topics, too, where biology must be discarded because it's a construct of <insert bogeyman>. With respect to the idiom in the OP's quote, again it's super similar to the Christmas songs getting banned due to idioms, where the real meaning behind the benign idioms is discarded in favor of outrage with nonsensical dribble as reasoning.
    I'm not trying to say we CAN'T redefine how we want to live culturally, or what we want to call things.
    I'm just saying that this particular instance of a group trying to push societal change through language is really absurd due to the fact that we are omnivores.
    I have no problems with anyone defining their gender as what they feel comfortable with. It's their sex that is set in stone, and is the biological part. Gender is more a mental or cultural construct, as plenty of societies through the ages have had some form of 'third' gender/social class outside the man/woman norm.

But eating meat?
    Nah fam, that's ingrained in us cause it's healthy for us.
    No change of language will ever modify that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Surely the guys at PETA have bigger fish to fry.

I see what you did there, well played.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    "Feed a fed horse"?????

WHAT! Are Peta encouraging us to force feed a horse? Evil Bastards. That's Animal cruelty!
    Yea, isn’t forcefeeding and overfed horse animal cruelty?

I used to really respect and like peta but that are just being a bit too much now. They used to stand for something good and proper. Prevention of animal cruelty now they seem to be struggling to stay relevant as more people have adopted their message of no more cruelty and they are scrambling to find new things to attack. Go back to being outraged at rabbits being sprayed with perfume or having lipstick rubbed on their skin to see reactions and less about stop saying mean things to animals

The best response was senator Hatch eating bacon on Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I think you mean you feel like a dish out of butter
    Not a bird out of scones?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m really heavy pro animals but really who cares about anti animal speech? Hell I tend to insult my dog to his face and just use a voice so
    He thinks I’m praising him.
    my cat is a half lynx, half racoon drunk toilet drinking like said drunk excitable goofball, so yea
    =D
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Fickle things like this seem to crowd out legitimate concerns about animal cruelty and safety which directly relate to public health

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    When do we reach the bottom of the stupid well?! Why does it have to be so deep?!
    We've gotten rid of all the Darwinism and natural selection. Stupid people are allowed to live and they wind up breeding more stupid people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Sanctum View Post
    Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/05/e...ntl/index.html

I got a chuckle actually

I am all for taking flowers by the thorns I am sure they'll hurt a lot less than a bulls horns :P

I personally make up words all the time, but I found this pretty comical. On a fun scale I can probably come up with many alternatives just for fun lol
    'BRING HOME THE BAGELS?! WHAT IF I HAVE A GLUTEN ALLERGY!?'

Seriously, PETA should just shut up. They've not said nor done much of use lately.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..