Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    First you claim that the majority of people quit because they couldn't fly.
    No I didn't, try reading it again.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    By the rate of people quitting the game, I doubt anyone cares for flying... Four months to release 8.1 in an already content light expack. Legion had the Kara revamp + Trial of Valor + lots of more class fixing after just 7 weeks compared to 4 months of fuck all in BFA.
    Legion: ‎August 30
    Emerald Nightmare: September 20
    7.1: October 14
    Trial of Valor. November 8
    Nighthold: January 25

BFA: August 14
    Uldir: September 4
    8.1: December 11
    Battle For Dazar'alor: January 22

Hmm..
    AftermathhUI: @ WoWinterface
    Dirty Twist: @ Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Really? I barely need to kill mobs. I admit it feels like I have to kill more often but comon. Are you just running through all the mobs to get to the node? That's not how you do it.
    I don't kill them, I just CC them to gather something then move on.
    It is not like killing them would benefit me in any way.
    Even in those instance where something cannot be looted while in combat I won't fight them, because the moment I enter combat someone else gets to loot my price for free leaving me with nothing.

I'd love to be able to fly and explore the world without some inconsequental annoyance dismounting me every 10s.
    It is not like they can do anything to me once I'm dismounted beyond annoy me.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2018-12-07 at 10:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgabi View Post
    i know i'm on a break from WoW until flying is back.

Same as well as I'm not even bothering with alts till flying is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The current situation is a compromise. If you're on either side of the issue, just be glad Blizz didn't fully side with the other side. Flying as reward for participating in the world's outdoor activities is a fine compromise. Even if I would rather have flying this very second, I can recognize that not everyone feels that way.
    And where is that reward you speak of?
    I'm waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No I didn't, try reading it again.
    You talk about them doubling down on no flying, then follow it up with "WTF dude, that's literally patting yourself on the back because you managed to drive away the majority of your customers".

Then follow it up with "leaving just the ones who don't mind being given shit lol"

So tell me, what did you mean to say instead of the words you actually used?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And where is that reward you speak of?
    I'm waiting...
    You get to fly eventually, instead of never. Not now, but not never. That's the reward.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeTA View Post
    I think unlocking flying now will help with this lack of content drought and bring people back. I hardly log in anymore. If I had flying, I would start logging in, do World Quests, grind rep, quests and level alts. I think people would start playing again. What do ya'll think?
    No, wouldn't help with content drought nor would I call it content drought when you have a new patch in 4-5 days.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You talk about them doubling down on no flying, then follow it up with "WTF dude, that's literally patting yourself on the back because you managed to drive away the majority of your customers".

Then follow it up with "leaving just the ones who don't mind being given shit lol"

So tell me, what did you mean to say instead of the words you actually used?
    That is what I meant to say, however as you ave clarified your issue isn't with not reading but not understanding I will simplify it for you.

Over the past few years Blizzard (or Ion) have made multiple changes to the game that were considered bad by the player base, as a result the majority of players have left the game, leaving mostly the ones who didn't disagree with the changes playing. Blizzard are now using the fact that the remaining player base don't consider the changes to be bad as justification that they have been proven right to make them. Which is stupid.

angry.
    So I take it from your response that you disagree about WoWs open world design being weak. Maybe you'd like to explain why, make some arguments to support it?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Would be a compromise I can live with just fine..
    I think most reasonable people would agree that limiting flight with war mode on is acceptable. Hell, I'm one of most hardcore defenders of flying in wow and even I think that would be ok. I think a better solution in the long run would be to redesign how flying works so we didn't have to, but in the short term it would be a workable compromise. It should definitely go hand in hand with an earlier unlock of flying, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    How can flying make such a big difference? From "not playing the game, it's shit" to "fixed, good game" there is a huge separation. I don't get it.
    Because that's not what people are saying at all. It's more along the lines of "Well this is still not that great, but it's at least tolerable when I can fly."
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-12-07 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    How can flying make such a big difference? From "not playing the game, it's shit" to "fixed, good game" there is a huge separation. I don't get it.
    Well, flight is not a huge issue on its own, but it makes other issues worse, world quests (and soon incursions) are pretty decent on their own (A bit samey, but at least to me, running around killing stuff is still fun), but the damper comes from having to ride through mob-choked landscape to get to them (Not dangerous or interesting mobs, just damage sponges)

If you spend more time getting to content than you do actually completing it, that's annoying, pile up enough annoyance over time and people will just stop bothering with the content, and when there's not enough content that people bother doing for the monthly subscription price, yep, they unsub and leave, and WoW is not really in a position to do the petulant "Well, let them leave then!"-thing anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The funny thing is, from interviews Ion actually seems to believe that he has been validated in his no flight approach as their polling now implies most players are anti-flying. Like WTF dude, that's literally patting yourself on the back because you managed to drive away the majority of your customers leaving just the ones who don't mind being given shit lol.
    Not to mention spiking the data by ensuring all the content is exhausted by the time flight is available. It would be difficult to get a clear read on the popularity of flying when there's not much to use it on.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Why is that funny? Would you keep playing if your favorite class or spec was removed? Or your favorite game mode?

Imagine if every expansion you had to spend weeks grinding rep just to unlock one of those things. How happy would you be about it?
    Very happy.

So your don´t want to do the things available and when you can fly there your would suddenly want to to those things? I will never understand how people rationalie this viewpoint. Flying is a mere convenience thing. If whatever is there to do doesn´t suit you flying will not make it more to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    So your don´t want to do the things available and when you can fly there your would suddenly want to to those things? I will never understand how people rationalie this viewpoint. Flying is a mere convenience thing. If whatever is there to do doesn´t suit you flying will not make it more to your liking.
    This really. I don't get it either. I mean people can unsub for whatever reason, but no flying is one of the most hilarious.

I'd guess that they haven't got the artwork, assets, models, sky box etc ready for flying yet. They'll have got that in the pipeline for later.

People take this game so seriously we might at least try to be semi-professional about our discussions. The guy I was talking to had a good, rational post where he made some good points. Then decided to cap it all up by referring to content as "weaksauce".
    People take wow serious because it's time they invest so having it wasted is really not a great feeling.
    With that out of the way, it's called making a fucking joke, again this isn't a professional setting just because people get invested into a game.

I am bored with the game already.

Flying isn't going to change anything. TBH i dont even have a single exalted rep in this expac.

Sick of WQs at the end of Legion, what makes Blizz think i'm gonna like it in BfA. And I'm not bout that "fabricated pvp" bull crap.

PvP vanilla meant something because there's no phasing, you met that guy that ganked you last week, you kill him, he remembers your name, there's a rivalry that goes on.

Or the raids on flight masters to annoy people levelling, the Dishonourable Kills we ALWAYS GET BECAUSE SOMEONE IS TRIGGER HAPPY.

You can't force pvp, it happens organically. Either the players do it or they don't.

I still get fucking confused by all these people that apparently don't play because there's no flying, or think adding flying will be the be all that makes the expansion so much better.

It's just a slightly more convenient way to get about, which trivialises movement around the environment. That's it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Very happy.
    You're telling me that you'd happily grind for months, then wait a few more months after that just to BEGIN playing your favorite class? And then repeat that process every expansion?

I call BS.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-12-07 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    When WoW first launched aggro range was much higher btw.
    And mob density was much less