Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Love how a few people are blaming the kid for it. He has autism that affects his judgement. If anything, this is a parenting fail. The mother shouldn't let him do transactions on his own due to his disability, or at the very least should teach him to consult her when wanting to do a transaction. I get the part of teaching him to be independant, but if he has that much money on his account, the least his mother could've done is to supervise his money usage a little bit. While the guy tricking him is a piece of shit, the mother could've tried preventing him from getting scammed by supervising his money usage, or like I said, agree with him to consult her if he wants to spend his money on something. By discussing about the transaction/purchase, the mother doesn't outright tell him to not do it, but could easily detect a scam before anything happens and then teach him why he shouldn't give money to strangers (Or in this case, online "friend")

That being said, I hope the scammer gets caught and punished, but this could've been avoided by some better parenting.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/...-spectrum-asd/

Gotta say, if that was my nephew it happened to, the person who did it wouldn't be happy for very long once I found out who they were. Can't stand people who abuse vulnerable people like this.
    Sad to hear but this happens way too often, not only WoW. You see it through steam, you see it in CSGO, Fortnite and so on. Nothing new, still sad story.

Then again, he did break rules too.

Luckily, the bank got him some of the money back.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Such a shame!
    Luckily, the police/courtrooms in my country have finally started putting people in jail, for scamming online..
    Just last week, a guy went to jail, for scamming kids out of their expensive CS:GO skins.

I don't know how Blizzard handle this stuff - with the new GDPR regulations - but they should be able to find the person pretty easily.
    But hey, Blizzard earned a lot, so why should they help, just to show a bit of goodwill?

He said his faith in humanity had been lost

Problem was he had faith in humanity to begin with, never ever trust random people.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Loving all the edgelords talking about how bad a parent the mother is.

Truly courageous.
    That is because people on MMO-C think Autism is an insult you throw at another poster when they disagree with you.

I'd be surprised if Blizzard doesn't refund the money and take actions against the other user themself. This is one of those easy win situations for the sake of publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    People get scammed all the time. Not sure why this story is any different.
    Becouse often when people get scammed its more that they are stupid enough to fall for it, in this case the scammer took advantage of a sickness to get what he wanted instead of stupidity.

Something doesn't ring true here. He's got thousands just sat around in an account but needs help making a transaction himself. First impressions give me a feeling he doesn't work a 9-5 here.

Also, have we any proof that these transactions actually happened?

Why would any kid have that kind of access to money?
    If the parents know he is far too trusting he should not have had access to buy stuff on line!
    If he can understand it after explanation then the parents should have tired harder to teach him in the ways of the world, "he is autistic" is not an excuse to give up.
    And honestly if he now understands the world better 1400 was a bargin.
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    People who take advantage of others are everywhere. This world is full to the brim of lying shitbags who will do anything to avoid being a productive member of society. It's disgusting.
    quoted for truth

i mean, e-anonymity is what 99% of shitters use to exploit everything from thievery, to crime, to bad behavior and treatment of others.

ive had some people tout off on wow that would be shitting teeth for a week if it happened irl and they know it. they also know theyre anonymous.

if people werent anonymous on the web, what could happen? People would be forced to check their behavior, criminals would have to work that much harder, and law abiding people would have all but nothing change?

obviously im oversimplifying but sometimes i wonder.

that and an age limit - omg an age limit. Problem is, due to the way the last generation was raised, it would have to be unrealistically high.

oh well.
    Last edited by klepp0906; 2018-12-07 at 11:25 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/...-spectrum-asd/

Gotta say, if that was my nephew it happened to, the person who did it wouldn't be happy for very long once I found out who they were. Can't stand people who abuse vulnerable people like this.
    You don't need to not trust people to know that forking out 1400 for a stranger ain't a good fucking idea. The dude's an idiot. It's not at all about trusting someone too much, you should intrinsically know that you don't fucking spend that much on a stranger. Even if you're gullible and easily trust people, it should still be in your head that you DONT DO THAT. It's economical sense. It's common sense. Something I don't think people on the Autism Spectrum lack.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Which part is "good"? That people will learn to be weary of each other and that someone might always fuck you up and you should try to do the same?
    How do you people make friends?
    Thats how the world works mate, the world is brutal and people need to be strong to survive.
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

How is Method gonna win world first next raid without Johspriest?

Sometimes you have bad rng with your "friends". Seems like a bad idea to give away so much money.. even if you can 100% trust that person. He should have told the other person that this is a waste of money for such a stupid online game. Both are horrible friends tbh.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It's common sense. Something I don't think people on the Autism Spectrum lack.
    You'd be surprised. I have a friend who has high functioning autism, and he lacks basic common sense at times. Then there's my nephew who is full blown autistic, and common sense doesn't exist to him.

Something I don't think people on the Autism Spectrum lack.
    ah another expect on Autism, please do continue explaining all you know.

Deleted
    Gotta say, if that was my nephew it happened to, the person who did it wouldn't be happy for very long once I found out who they were.
    Wow what a bad ass

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ah another expect on Autism, please do continue explaining all you know.
    It's none of your fucking business how I know things or what I know, because that shit is private. So do you have anything to actually say or are you just gonna make snide remarks? Maybe you could show me the expertise you have? YOu know, give me anything at all other than you being a twat?

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Jesus F christ you people, what part of AUTISTIC is so hard to understand? you CANT teach these kids things along these lines most of the time, they deal in absolutes and directness.

If I tell a truly autistic 19 year old, people might scam you. He will respond with "No they wont" because if it's never happened to him and nothing I say will convince him otherwise.

The ONLY thing the mom failed with was oversight into his economics, an autistic child should not have access to all his funds like this. The rest is just you guys not understanding a damn thing about autism.
    The problem with gamers nowdays is that they think being autistic is just some kind of personality trait and that Quin69 and Joshpriest are actual representations of how autism looks in the real world, and that's pretty freaking sad if you ask me. Education is a useful thing.

It's none of your fucking business how I know things or what I know, because that shit is private. So do you have anything to actually say or are you just gonna make snide remarks? Maybe you could show me the expertise you have? YOu know, give me anything at all other than you being a twat?
    the post above yours nails this post exactly.

I stopped reading after learning the mom set up a GoFundMe. I guess that's the go-to option nowadays whenever you make a mistake.