Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    "prestigious" Ya, it cost a whole 40 USD to get your character run through the dungeons for it lol.
    I did it with friends. Pulled my weight. I mean I was healing so I kinda had to.

I'd never pay real money or gold for stuff like that personally. Just cheapens the experience imo.

We had to rerun a few dungeons quite a bit because we got Silver in 3 and Bronze in 1. But after a bit of hard work we did it hehe.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-07 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    A
    Still, Warlords of Draenor is the worst. The promised housing became something that was laughably poor, so many of its promises were broken, and it was ludicrously short... With a ludicrously long conclusion following its final update.
    I guess I'm odd man out. I went into WoD not caring about Garrisons at all and barely understanding them, to absolutely loving them. My own little castle away from everything else, a endless flow of gold, and while many people hated the chores, they gave me something to do, Plus a well run garrison made me fairly self sufficient in professions. So for me, garrisons were expectations exceeded. Though I can understand if most of the people who hate garrison are horde side, as I do really hate the shit hole the horde got for garrisons compared to the Alliance beautiful garrisons.

With that said, it's way too early to call BFA worst expansion ever. There is a lot of time left to fix mistakes and make things better. And since we don't get sub numbers anymore there will be no way to really know which Xpac had the worse loss, Though the world sure seems to have emptied out a lot faster in BFA compared to WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Legion was only well received because it came right after WOD. The first part of legion was ok. But after 7.2 and beyond was a shit show. Legion retention was not great and burned out many players because of excessive RNg on everything and the fucked up way they handled Pathfinder. Then the leveling changes in 7.3 really put a nail in the coffin
    It was the first expansion since WotLK where there were more people playing vs the old one(WoD). So it's the first expansion who could actually keep subs from declining. Of course we don't have the sub-count in Legion but the MAU showed that not once, but twice it upheld the playerbase compared to it's last. A feat that was last seen in WotLK. I am not saying that the lacluster expansion WoD wasn't a reason, because it was weak, but it was only a small part of it. It's strange that you say it was well received at start, most people here om mmo-champion says the last half was better. I agree with you though, because I like to actually progress my character, and in 7.0-7.1 we could finally do this. Last time was in TBC.

Keeping people playing is actually not a bad thing. It means it's character progression involved. Of course some people like sitting in their Garrison or doing 25 dailies a day, but Legion was the first expansion since TBC were character progression was a thing, objectively.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Two perfectly awful choices.

I would have to say that BfA is the worse of the two at this point. Currently, all turret casters are in a bad spot from both a performance and fun-to-play perspective, with Elemental Shaman being completely devastated right now...that wasn't true in WoD.

WoD at least had the advantage of being unique compared to MoP, whereas BfA is simply Legion v1.5 (keeping all the wrong things and throwing out all the good things). Both expansions show distinct patterns of laziness on Blizz's part (WoD garrisons were a pale shadow of what was planned despite being the main point of that expansion; same goes for BfA Warfronts).

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Your blind optimism is foolishly misplaced. Or you are simply a White KNight
    Haha, thanks for making me laugh.

I despise BfA since its announcement because you could even see back then that it would be bad. Maybe I should have tagged my post with /s.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I guess I'm odd man out. I went into WoD not caring about Garrisons at all and barely understanding them, to absolutely loving them. My own little castle away from everything else, a endless flow of gold, and while many people hated the chores, they gave me something to do, Plus a well run garrison made me fairly self sufficient in professions. So for me, garrisons were expectations exceeded. Though I can understand if most of the people who hate garrison are horde side, as I do really hate the shit hole the horde got for garrisons compared to the Alliance beautiful garrisons.

With that said, it's way too early to call BFA worst expansion ever. There is a lot of time left to fix mistakes and make things better. And since we don't get sub numbers anymore there will be no way to really know which Xpac had the worse loss, Though the world sure seems to have emptied out a lot faster in BFA compared to WoD
    I have never seen so many guilds die off so fast so early in a expansion
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    This is interesting. Do you think BfA can be reinvigorated? Just look at classes, the necklace, the systems. Most of them need more than a little touch up - I think.

Also, I'd imagine there is a budget for the expansion. Usually the expansion launch is THE thing, the most expensive package from the whole expansion. The patches are smaller budget. They have a huge opportunity with Nazjatar for sure, but they had the same opportunity in WoD even if the starter thought (timetravel) was facepalming.

There is two main reasons why somehow BFA is worse than WOD. You would think since WOD had so little content you would hate it more, in reality that's why its not bad.

WOD didn't have content you HATED to do. It just had raiding and your gary. But the gary was amazingly rewarding even if it was boring. Thus we didn't hate it plus it provided some level of content.

I HATED the garrison. I HATED it even more be cause it was so over-rewarding and thus hard to ignore. You could either not do the chores and feel bad for all the gold missed, or you could do them and feel bad about wasting gametime on such dumb mobilegames. So I unsubbed for the first time.

BFA is bad because all the content is not enjoyable. You legit hate yourself doing the content. There is plenty of content to do but you need to do said content to stay ahead...or its literally the content. Just think we had to literally grind Rep to exalted with a faction in BFA just to continue the story for a few weeks. And we had to login for days with only world quest giving us rep. On top of that BFA is literally Legion in many ways and puts a bad taste in our mouth. The rewards, world quest variety, and having nothing to look forward to except more AP is a huge step down. In addition Azerite gear is nothing compared to our artifact weapons.
    The raiding and M+ in BfA is pretty decent so far. The world is nice. Spec designs the worst ever, and Azerite a failed system. I miss Legion artifacts and the legendaries. And don't care much for Warfronts nor Islands. wPvP is just a dumb concept, and just like garrisons, they over-incentivized it so most people will feel pretty bad about it playing it or not playing it either way, and this will only get worse in 8.1.

Also careful this thread will most likely be locked and you might be banned for "trolling"....yes that is how it is here recently. Don't bad mouth the game even in a critical way here.
    Dude

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but I enjoyed WoD a lot. I was close to quitting due to my guild switching faction and servers but I couldn't cause I enjoyed the game so much.

Now I cannot make myself play. I am so not interested in what next patch has to offer. The only reason why I don't want to fully call it a quit is that I am somewhat interested in the story of 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That too. BRF imo is one of my top 3 raids.

Highmaul for me is the worst though. HFC however while it's not great it's not bad either. That's my 2 cents on WoD raids.
    Highmaul was meh on an average note. However, its final boss is supreme. I'd say for me Impeator was the best fight in that expansion. Hard, funny, interesting mechaincs with a different set of overlaps that hardly repeated along the fight.

Even in heroic felt like an early boss mythic fight.

And for the one that said the following above: No, I hate slow combat in BfA, but I by no means gonna play classic. Not at all. I want fast paced combat for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Highmaul was meh on an average note. However, its final boss is supreme. I'd say for me Impeator was the best fight in that expansion. Hard, funny, interesting mechaincs with a different set of overlaps that hardly repeated along the fight.
    Imperator was awesome I agree.

But the rest of it for me felt really meh. Brackenspore, Twins, Karg and Butcher really were just punching bags.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Legion was well received. Stop spreading bullshit.
    Only because Legion came after GARBAGE wod.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

BfA hasn't been out for a year even, and is days away from its first content patch. Isn't it a bit early to be calling it right now?

As much as you may dislike BfA, WoD was really, really, really bad. Outdoor world was shit, apexis crystals was vomit inducing, the whole expansion reeked of cut content, if it wasn't for the gold missions the garrison would have blown to high heaven, and then there was ashran, the lag-fest where you were either in a premade or were being rolled over by a premade... for almost no reward.

Oh, and WoD also started the whole "pathfinder" trend, so that's another "plus".

WoD had better class design by miles, but BfA has more stuff to do outside of raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed a wave-pattern of quality since I started playing in Wrath:

Good: Wrath
    Bad: Cata
    Good: MoP
    Bad: WoD
    Good: Legion
    Bad: BfA

I think it comes down to devs losing steam after a "good" expansion. Good one are designed around strong lore and big villains, bad ones are whipped together haphazardly. Then the team refocuses, and lay the groundwork (and hype) for another good one.

Of course, there are other factors, like player fatigue and staff size issues. But I really believe it boils down to the theme/lore and pacing of content.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    BfA hasn't been out for a year even, and is days away from its first content patch. Isn't it a bit early to be calling it right now?

As much as you may dislike BfA, WoD was really, really, really bad. Outdoor world was shit, apexis crystals was vomit inducing, the whole expansion reeked of cut content, if it wasn't for the gold missions the garrison would have blown to high heaven, and then there was ashran, the lag-fest where you were either in a premade or were being rolled over by a premade... for almost no reward.

Oh, and WoD also started the whole "pathfinder" trend, so that's another "plus".
    Pathfinder isn't bad per se but there's way too much behind it.

Imo flying in WoW should be like how it is in FF14.

FF14 has these things called Aether Currents. Basically it's 15 green gas things. 10 are scattered around the zone and 5 are from sidequests. You do all 15 and bam you can fly in that zone.

That's good imo because it encourages you to explore the zone a lot.

While WoD was so shit for having hardly any content out side of raids, the classes felt fun to play and the raids where solid. Which is why in BfA the classes feel like shit to raid on so the raids them self isn't fun to play. At least in WoD I didn't have to put up with all the crz and sharding bullshit, this shit shouldn't have been put in the game, it's very bad on so many levels. I normally have breaks when WoW goes down hill a bit but this time I cannot see my self going back to it, Blizzard have moved too far away from what a MMORPG is.

I really don't think WoW can bounce back this time, it's too old and Blizzard are morons with they know best attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I've noticed a wave-pattern of quality since I started playing in Wrath:

Good: Wrath
    Bad: Cata
    Good: MoP
    Bad: WoD
    Good: Legion
    Bad: BfA

I think it comes down to devs losing steam after a "good" expansion. Good one are designed around strong lore and big villains, bad ones are whipped together haphazardly. Then the team refocuses, and lay the groundwork (and hype) for another good one.

Of course, there are other factors, like player fatigue and staff size issues. But I really believe it boils down to the theme/lore and pacing of content.
    Tbh I wouldn't rate Cata as a bad expansion overall. Just it's ending was a bit poor is all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's the BFA.
    In WOD I had a stable raid team and lot of friends playing so it outweighed the cons. But this isn't the case with BFA, mine guild and server is pretty barren...

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Only because Legion came after GARBAGE wod.
    WoD was garbage. Even Vanilla was better.